Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 02:52 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Tree View Post
My apologies. I thought this was a "City Data" forum. Data would suggest factual, balanced information. I didn't realize it was only for boosters and cheerleaders.

Denver.... where the air is thin and so is the skin?

I will still enjoy your fair city this weekend, and on my many future visits. I think this is a nice city. But like any city, it has good and bad.... and i was simply asking a question. By the way.... the genesis of my question was that anytime I am here for more than a day, my asthma flares up. It was an honest question based on actual experience.
Such a load of BS. You're trolling. Look at the majority of your posts in this section.

Let's see what else you can come up with.

Last edited by SkyDog77; 07-24-2015 at 03:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 02:55 PM

Location: I roam around. Spend most my time in the West or the Northwoods.
132 posts, read 180,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricNorthman View Post

Is this the famous Minnesota nice?
No, MN Nice is typically veiled in a backhanded compliment...... I was simply trying to poke fun.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:01 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times
Future threads by Apple Tree in the Denver section:

- Colorado skiing is overrated. Minneapolis ski mountains have surpassed Aspen in the past 5 years
- Data suggests city mall size is the only criteria that matters when evaluating quality of a city.
- Minneapolis marijuana farms are churning out the finest pot in the country according to pot aficionados.
-MN winters now rate as the most pleasant in the country of any major city with 4 seasons.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:33 PM

670 posts, read 1,172,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
And smog isn't just a "Denver problem". Any city next to high mountains will have issues, and I've seen it quite smoggy in NYC and Philly numerous times.
Salt Lake City for example. It's terrible.

Old 07-24-2015, 06:56 PM

5,362 posts, read 5,136,516 times
Xcel energy swapped a coal plant for a gas one this month just north of downtown if that helps the situation.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:01 AM

Location: I roam around. Spend most my time in the West or the Northwoods.
132 posts, read 180,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
At least give me credit for staying on topic. Outside of saying Portland has better beer, and Asheville might be a better city to live in for one person's situation, my comments have been about Denver. I've simply been a bit of a skeptic on some of the posts done through rose-colored glasses. I have enjoyed and enjoy my time here. Otherwise I wouldn't keep returning. I just think it is one of many very good places to live in the US, not the best thing since sliced bread.

Old 07-25-2015, 10:01 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
On most days I have a clear view of the mountains from the south suburbs near the I-25 corridor, and my in-laws, who live in the K-C Valley, have a similarly clear view of the city through the Hogback, so I think the brown cloud is much improved over decades past. Colorado has really cracked down on air pollutants with very tight standards for auto emissions and a long-standing ban on new construction of wood-burning fireplaces. I can't even enter the highway near my house without passing a mobile emissions checkpoint, and our wood-burning fireplace was converted to gas many, many years ago. I'm not denying that people from other parts of the country may have trouble here, but I honestly don't think our air pollution is any worse than other large city. Remember, too, that breathing difficulties in people with respiratory issues can be the result of both altitude and low humidity. My parents, who live in the southeast, have horrible trouble when they visit, but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with smog.

Old 07-25-2015, 02:40 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post

- Colorado skiing is overrated. Minneapolis ski mountains have surpassed Aspen in the past 5 years
- Data suggests city mall size is the only criteria that matters when evaluating quality of a city.
- Minneapolis marijuana farms are churning out the finest pot in the country according to pot aficionados.
-MN winters now rate as the most pleasant in the country of any major city with 4 seasons.
I can't stop laughing at this. Thanks Dog!

Old 07-25-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipchik View Post
Salt Lake City for example. It's terrible.
I was there in January and had never been there during the Winter before. I was shocked by the smog. But it is nestled in a valley so the smog is no surprise.

Old 07-25-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Tree View Post
At least give me credit for staying on topic. Outside of saying Portland has better beer, and Asheville might be a better city to live in for one person's situation, my comments have been about Denver. I've simply been a bit of a skeptic on some of the posts done through rose-colored glasses. I have enjoyed and enjoy my time here. Otherwise I wouldn't keep returning. I just think it is one of many very good places to live in the US, not the best thing since sliced bread.
Better beer in Portland? Meh! Those are fighting words.

In all seriousness I don't know how the beer is in Portland so I can't comment on it. I have a top two list when it comes to cities with good beer.

1) San Diego
2) Denver

I am a bit biased though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver