Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 10:22 AM

123 posts, read 180,378 times

Advertisements

What are the places to check when buying furtniture?

I need to buy a sofa, coffee table, chairs for a dining table, bed, dresser.

Looking for a balance between quality (something that will last) and reasonable price.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 11:11 AM

3,127 posts, read 5,055,140 times
I've bought alot from American Furniture Warehouse. They used to have all types of quality from very cheap to decent enough to last and solid wood. The price is often a good indicator. If it is very cheap the quality is suspect and needs to be looked at. If it is more expensive it is more likely to be better quality. I like their diversity of styles and price points. Seems they have something for everyone except those who want to have super high quality and associated price points.

However I haven't shopped there recently. All my stuff from them has held up and not needed replacing.

Old 01-02-2016, 11:40 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
It really depends on your style and budget. There are tons of furniture stores in the area though.

Some of the places I have recently shopped/purchased at include

Shop Furniture in Centennial, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, Lakewood, Northglenn and Longmont Colorado | Woodley's Fine Furniture | Centennial, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, Lakewood, Longmont, Northglenn, CO, Colorado, 80122, 80918, 80525 (and their clearance outlet, which is now in Northglenn)
Furniture Store, Flooring Store, Mattress Store in Denver, Littleton and Aurora CO | EMW Carpets and Furniture
Larrabees Furniture + Design

I've also had good luck here - they get a lot of furniture from model homes so it's used but in great condition.
Joy's Consigned Furnishings | Welcome!

I am not really a fan of American Furniture Warehouse or Furniture Row, but those have more options if you are on a limited budget. Macys has some decent stuff as well.

Old 01-02-2016, 12:04 PM

5,118 posts, read 3,419,949 times
Wow! Furniture in Centennial (by Ikea) is closing and doing close-out sales. They may not have much left but you could maybe pickup a coffee table or something. Plus, many furniture stores are clustered in that area so you could check out a bunch. There's Woodleys, Stickley, Bassett, AFW, Ethan Allen, a couple of leather shops all along County Line Rd. Further west towards Highlands Ranch are a couple of Colorado Style stores. Some of their stuff is pricey but they have some good mark-downs. We bought several things at AFW and Furniture Row when we moved here because we had a large house to fill and might only be here for a couple of years. We also bought stuff at more expensive places. All of it is holding up fine.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:51 PM

28 posts, read 28,737 times
We have always done well with AFW and Sofa Mart. They have different levels of furniture at both. We got some very inexpensive couches at AFW as we had small kids. We've had them for 7 years and they are now starting to fall apart. Considering they were $200 each, that's not too bad.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:57 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges View Post
Wow! Furniture in Centennial (by Ikea) is closing and doing close-out sales. They may not have much left but you could maybe pickup a coffee table or something. Plus, many furniture stores are clustered in that area so you could check out a bunch. There's Woodleys, Stickley, Bassett, AFW, Ethan Allen, a couple of leather shops all along County Line Rd. Further west towards Highlands Ranch are a couple of Colorado Style stores. Some of their stuff is pricey but they have some good mark-downs. We bought several things at AFW and Furniture Row when we moved here because we had a large house to fill and might only be here for a couple of years. We also bought stuff at more expensive places. All of it is holding up fine.
I really liked WOW - bought a couple of pieces from them when I moved in to my new house last year. I was sad to get the letter from them saying they were shutting down.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:49 AM

56 posts, read 108,188 times
We bought most of our furniture from Craigslist. You need the time and motivation to drive around looking at it so furniture shops are more convenient. We relocated from Australia to Colorado and we sold everything before we went, and saved a fortune buying good second hand furniture here.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:37 PM

123 posts, read 180,378 times
Thank you all!

Old 01-04-2016, 10:42 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Room and Board (last a lifetime)
Scandinavian Design (Cheaper)

Old 01-05-2016, 06:27 PM

170 posts, read 222,875 times
try Corbetts auction, great deals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver