Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2016, 11:20 AM

292 posts, read 323,553 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone. So I am looking to see if there are any spots, like gay bars/clubs or areas I should check out while in Denver. First time in the city and I will be arriving on Thursday. Would be great to get some suggestions or places you think I must check out!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 12:00 PM

760 posts, read 882,699 times
Gay man here in Denver.

Denver really doesn't have a gay scene. We have a few decent bars, but nothing special compared to all other cities. I wouldn't make your trip LGBT specific, just come and enjoy what makes Denver unique.

Old 10-31-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Ski View Post
Gay man here in Denver.

Denver really doesn't have a gay scene. We have a few decent bars, but nothing special compared to all other cities. I wouldn't make your trip LGBT specific, just come and enjoy what makes Denver unique.
For sure, I am not going to Denver for those reasons, but I just came out recently, and I think it would be cool to hit a couple spots up in the city. I will actually be very little time in Denver and more out in the mountains.

Old 10-31-2016, 02:20 PM

8,603 posts, read 14,879,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukua View Post
For sure, I am not going to Denver for those reasons, but I just came out recently, and I think it would be cool to hit a couple spots up in the city. I will actually be very little time in Denver and more out in the mountains.
If you're looking to do some hiking the weather should be decent, but a little chilly. Skiing, OTOH, could be very disappointing.

Old 10-31-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
If you're looking to do some hiking the weather should be decent, but a little chilly. Skiing, OTOH, could be very disappointing.
No just hiking. Haha I would never plan on skiiing in November. Besides I am not big into winter sports. But I am going to be hitting up Denver, Breckenridge, Frisco, Georgetown, and Boulder for sure while on my visit.

Old 11-01-2016, 08:47 AM
SQL

1,337 posts, read 1,192,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Ski View Post
Gay man here in Denver.

Really? One of my best friends is gay and he has really enjoyed the LGBT scene in Denver over the past 30+ years.

Uptown has some places. Wrangler used to be up there, but I think they moved. Hamburger Mary's is supposed to be LGBT friendly.

Charlie's on Colfax is an LGBT night club.

There are a few places on Broadway that are LGBT friendly.

I know it's not SF or Chicago's Boys Town, but I was under the impression that the scene was pretty good given the size of the city. I'll have to ask my buddy later about his favorite spots and follow up here.

Old 11-01-2016, 08:52 AM

572 posts, read 552,027 times
coming from an SEC perspective, while Denver's not a New Orleans, ATL or Key West in terms of LGBTQ visibility...
there is a long standing community here in town...

Tracks is a fairly long running establishment...

as far as neighborhoods being generally very friendly...
the entire golden triangle, parts of capitol hill, South Sante Fe Artsy district
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver