Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2024, 12:49 PM

371 posts, read 361,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougWakeman View Post
I was there for 26 years - '72 - '98. Allan Berg was my intro to talk radio. There were other greats then like Peter Boyles and Mike Rosen. It was quite a shock when he was assassinated. I was working at The Oak Alley Inn when it came over the radio.

Don't forget Pete McKay, KBPI, Nostalgic Rock. We listened to every show, every Sunday for 4 or 5 years.
I miss Berg. Over the years, his best buddy Peter Boyles turned into exactly the kind of rightwing conspiracy nut as the neo-Nazis who killed Alan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2024, 12:38 PM

1 posts, read 211 times
There was a hillside restaurant outside of Denver that overlooked the city in the late 1970’s. It was a popular fine dining restaurant for specials occasions and romantic dates. I lived in Northglenn then and I remember taking my now wife of 43 years there for Valentines Day. Does anyone remember the name?

Old 04-03-2024, 07:58 PM

17,707 posts, read 29,800,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treedjr View Post
There was a hillside restaurant outside of Denver that overlooked the city in the late 1970’s. It was a popular fine dining restaurant for specials occasions and romantic dates. I lived in Northglenn then and I remember taking my now wife of 43 years there for Valentines Day. Does anyone remember the name?
Chart house?

Old 04-03-2024, 08:38 PM

7,514 posts, read 13,611,290 times
Smile Chart House

Quote:
Originally Posted by treedjr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Chart house?
It's still there

https://www.chart-house.com/location...se-genesee-co/

Old 04-10-2024, 03:01 PM

38 posts, read 26,323 times
I still remember grandma and grandpa's house in the 200 block of Pearl St. I visited from the mid-50s to the mid-80s and imagine the neighborhood has changed quite a bit during the past 40 years. At well under 1,000 sq. ft., their home was tiny by today's standards, yet they raised a family there.

Elitch's was always a highlight of our visits; that and trips into the Front Range to hike and look back down upon the city. In '63, that was the first time I saw smog.

Old Today, 11:26 AM

1 posts
Hi, I was just reading your comment about the Little Banquet. Do you know the address or exactly where it was located. Do you remember the name of the shopping center.
Blessing to you.
Kathleen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver