Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2023, 09:19 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,548,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Count your blessings. It was terrible. They didn't have any stoves or ovens in the kitchen. They steamed everything. I'd call it low grade dog food, but that would be an insult to low grade dog food. The sopapillas were the only good thing on the menu.
Even the sopapillas were not great when I was there before it shut down and it’s hard to completely screw up deep fried dough.

The new sopapillas are light, slightly crispy and sprinkled with honey and cinnamon sugar. I had to restrain myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2023, 10:49 PM

320 posts, read 233,757 times
OP, you give me hope! We've been on the list for months! Can't wait to see it now, especially after your positive review.

We've lived here for over 40 years and took our kids there when they were little, and (of course) out of town guests. So glad to hear they now have good Mexican food and even improved the sopapillas. The interior looks amazing!

I hope the South Park owners make all their money back and then some--they deserve it for restoring this Colorado treasure.

Old 09-08-2023, 07:53 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,548,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crillon View Post
OP, you give me hope! We've been on the list for months! Can't wait to see it now, especially after your positive review.

We've lived here for over 40 years and took our kids there when they were little, and (of course) out of town guests. So glad to hear they now have good Mexican food and even improved the sopapillas. The interior looks amazing!

I hope the South Park owners make all their money back and then some--they deserve it for restoring this Colorado treasure.
I’m guessing they will never make their money back, and they probably view the initial cash as a donation to the city to preserve a landmark. I just hope the thing runs cash flow positive. As long as it does, they’ll be fine and keep it open. That’s the nice thing about no debt.

Old 09-08-2023, 10:41 AM

202 posts, read 147,323 times
Some friends of ours went recently and also really enjoyed it. They said that the food was quite good, and that the renovations were done extremely well. I'm just waiting for my invite to arrive from the wait list, can't wait!

Old 09-08-2023, 12:16 PM

22,317 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Glad you guys like it. I have zero interest in going there and never did. The bf said we should go and I said go and enjoy!

Old 09-12-2023, 07:54 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,081,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Glad you guys like it. I have zero interest in going there and never did. The bf said we should go and I said go and enjoy!
It's a fun place to for kids. I never understood why people go on dates and stuff there. I guess for out of towners there's some novelty and kitch factor.

Old 01-06-2024, 10:27 AM

2,886 posts, read 7,132,082 times
5280 magazine update:

Casa Bonita’s Dana Rodriguez–designed Menu Delivers a Much Improved (Yet Still Mediocre) Dinner with a Spectacular Show

The pink palace’s culinary offerings are better, but let’s be honest: You don’t go there for the food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver