Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2024, 04:39 PM

8,603 posts, read 14,877,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShampooBanana View Post
Depends a lot on what you're doing at DISH. I have a friend who has worked there for nearly 20 years and loves it. He even gets to travel the world (just got back from South Africa and has been to Central America, Spain, and NYC also) on the company dime to do trainings.
I've heard this, too, but the people I know who've worked there all hated it. I worked for a manager at another company who spent like 10 years at DISH. He was the poster child for DISH toxicity. He was a passive-aggressive, condescending, micromanaging ass who treated his direct reports like children. He did crap like make us bring in notes proving we went to the doctor or had jury duty, and he rode our asses if we came in at 9:01 (badge reports - a DISH classic). He was a total douche.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2024, 06:15 AM

4,026 posts, read 2,711,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
I've heard this, too, but the people I know who've worked there all hated it. I worked for a manager at another company who spent like 10 years at DISH. He was the poster child for DISH toxicity. He was a passive-aggressive, condescending, micromanaging ass who treated his direct reports like children. He did crap like make us bring in notes proving we went to the doctor or had jury duty, and he rode our asses if we came in at 9:01 (badge reports - a DISH classic). He was a total douche.
DISH was actually trying to heavily recruit me for a job at the office the OP refers to a few months back. I was interested--it checked off all the boxes of things I'd done over the years, and would have been a 20K bump in salary....but I wasn't hearing very good rumors about the goings-on there. I did some research on the project they wanted me for, and it sounded....very shaky. After some heavy thought, I decided to pass on it.

About a month later, they laid off 500 people. I view it as 'possibly dodged a bullet'.

Old 02-18-2024, 12:02 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Here's our thread on working at DISH Network; the place sounds yucky.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-18-2024, 07:10 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,132,082 times
An almost silly tangent re DISH campus location - there's now an interesting thing to see if you walk or bike along the Mary Carter Greenway trail that runs along the river behind DISH :
SpaceX rocket booster arrives at new home in Littleton
Quote:
A 154-foot SpaceX rocket booster has arrived at its new home outside of the DISH Network Corporate Offices in Littleton, on the southwest quadrant of the intersection of Bowles Avenue and Santa Fe Drive.

It is a Falcon 9, which is a type of reusable rocket that SpaceX uses for repeated launches. According to SpaceX’s website, the Falcon 9 is the first orbital-class reusable rocket in the world.

This particular booster is being repurposed as an exhibit, sitting atop three pedestals on the DISH Network campus. It sits about 12 feet in the air, crossing over Little’s Creek Trail, Littleton Public Works Director Keith Reester said.

Old 02-18-2024, 07:16 PM

405 posts, read 448,690 times
I thought this was funny in that article:

"The city helped with the regulatory side of the project but has no direct costs because the Telluray Foundation, a local foundation, provided a $2.4 million grant to cover the costs of project development and installation."

The Telluray Foundation was founded by... DISH CEO Charlie Ergen. So, basically DISH wanted some greater visibility, got one of its rocket boosters, and got the city to agree to this monument to itself

Old 02-19-2024, 04:19 PM

4,026 posts, read 2,711,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
DISH was actually trying to heavily recruit me for a job at the office the OP refers to a few months back. I was interested--it checked off all the boxes of things I'd done over the years, and would have been a 20K bump in salary....but I wasn't hearing very good rumors about the goings-on there. I did some research on the project they wanted me for, and it sounded....very shaky. After some heavy thought, I decided to pass on it.

About a month later, they laid off 500 people. I view it as 'possibly dodged a bullet'.

OK, and weirdly enough, DISH reached out to me again today about this position.......

Old 03-21-2024, 06:12 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,132,082 times
An update:

Dish Network to sell Littleton property to billionaire founder’s SPAC

Quote:
Dish Network plans to sell its Littleton office campus to an entity linked to the company’s founder, then lease it back.

Conx Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, said in a March 11 filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that it is set to pay $26.75 million to buy the 5701 S. Santa Fe Drive property from EchoStar Corp.

EchoStar acquired Dish at the end of last year. The two had previously been part of the same company. . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver