Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 05:09 PM

23 posts, read 118,633 times

Advertisements

I am strongly considering moving to Denver next June, and I have a health concern. I believe I have a condition known as Hyperhidrosis, and it means that a person sweats far more excessively than the average person. I am living in NYC and it can be very hot and humid during the summer, and I sweat like a butcher and hate this climate in the summertime with a passion. I've read on these boards that Dever is a very dry climate, and was wondering if anyone on here is a doctor or knows someone that has this condition, and how well do they fair in this climate? I hear all the time about how dry peoples skin get in Denver. If you have Hyperhidrosis you are never dry, your always naturally moist or very wet from constant sweating. I wonder will Denver's climate be a blessing to me in disguise. I know this is a odd question, but trust me when you sweat all the time, the chance of getting your skin drier is a welcomed change. I would appreciate any of you that could help me out with any information on this matter.

Last edited by cityluv; 06-26-2008 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: made a few type o's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 06:16 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,441,334 times
At least in Denver, the sweat will have a chance to evaporate instead of dripping off you. Have you ever traveled to a dryer climate like Southern California or Phoenix? Humidity-wise, Denver's between those two.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:44 PM

345 posts, read 1,566,282 times
You won't find the answer you're looking for in Denver unfortunately. My 18 yr old son suffers from hyperhidrosis. We moved here from South Texas where it was very hot and humid and the drier climate here hasn't made an ounce of difference. About the only thing that offers any help is using the RX Drysol.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:16 PM

I lived in Los Angeles for 5 years and the sweating was nowhere near as bad as it is in the northeast. I still did sweat in Los Angeles, but I could tolerate it much better in that climate.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaCo Mom View Post
You won't find the answer you're looking for in Denver unfortunately. My 18 yr old son suffers from hyperhidrosis. We moved here from South Texas where it was very hot and humid and the drier climate here hasn't made an ounce of difference. About the only thing that offers any help is using the RX Drysol.
Thanks TexaCo Mom, I needed to know that someone has this condition and how well they faired in Denver. I must say, I am disappointed to hear that not even an arid climate provides relief. I have tried all the anti-perspirants deodorants and they only provide temporary relief, and thats only if I'm not being active. My sweating runs deeper than my underarms, sweating is a problem period for me. I can only imagine what your son went through having hyperhidrosis and living in south Texas.

Last edited by cityluv; 06-26-2008 at 08:12 PM..

Old 06-26-2008, 07:54 PM

249 posts, read 1,029,758 times
I've heard botox is effective for reducing sweating...

Old 06-26-2008, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityluv View Post
Thanks TexaCo Mom, I needed to know that someone has this condition and how well they faired in Denver. I must say, I am disappointed to hear that not even an arid climate provides relief. I have tried all the anti-perspirants deodorants and they only provide temporary relief, and thats only if I'm not being active. My sweating runs deeper than my underarms, sweating is a problem period for me. I can only imagine what your son went through having hyperhidrosis and living in south Texas.
You're welcome. I know my son's wishes are the same as yours. The poor boy even sweats in the dead of winter here and his doesn't stop with the underarms either.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenfromdenver View Post
I've heard botox is effective for reducing sweating...
Yes botox is effective but also expensive, they inject it under your armpits and many say they are happy with the results. But like I stated earlier, it's not just an underarm problem. There is also a surgery that can be performed, but I am afraid of getting cut.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityluv View Post
Yes botox is effective but also expensive, they inject it under your armpits and many say they are happy with the results. But like I stated earlier, it's not just an underarm problem. There is also a surgery that can be performed, but I am afraid of getting cut.
Wow, is that my son talking? Sounds JUST like him!

Old 06-26-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaCo Mom View Post
You're welcome. I know my son's wishes are the same as yours. The poor boy even sweats in the dead of winter here and his doesn't stop with the underarms either.
There are different cases of hyperhidrosis, some sweat excessively in the feet, hands, groin area, head, back, chest or stomach. Are like me in all of those places constantly whether it is freezing cold or not. I am grateful that mine is not to the point where it makes me smell. I ask all my friends, family, and co-workers to be honest and tell me the truth if I do. They all say they smell nothing but the cologne I may be wearing. I don't smell myself either, but some people sink into a deep depression over this condition. It can effect your social life as well as your job performance, and be a killer on your self esteem. I wonder if they have a support group in Denver for hyperhidrosis?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver