Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 11:25 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
OK, I am sure I am not the only one here that is aware of the creepiness of DIA. Does anyone else find it odd that DIA has murals with death

I really never noticed. Apparently, after reading, its about death/fire and then rebirth. . aka a story told through multiple murals. Though I have no idea where they are, and Have never noticed them. (I fly southwest if it matters). If they are still around I would love to check them out.

Quote:
Anubis statue as you fly
Now a 26 foot tall statue of Anubis would be cool, but i've never seen it. I read that it was supposed to up for the King Tut exhibit downtown. Yeah, your freaked out by a marketing statue.

Quote:
that creepy blue bronco with the red glowing eyes?
Eh, its kind of interesting. Definitely not boring. . we call it Evil horse.

Quote:
I am sure if I searched a conspiracy forum they would have more info on the airport, but seriously how do you all feel about it?
Yeah, if I was running some conspiracy I would blast it all over the airport. I think DIA seemed to have given its artisit a lot of leeway. I for one don't mind. I don't think these artist were programmed by the CIA or anything, if that is what you are asking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 11:58 AM

670 posts, read 1,172,815 times

Old 08-29-2012, 12:19 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
If I had the money I'd open the "Ouija Board Bar and Grill" on the concourse, replete with all manner of bizarre artwork on the walls and the table tops would feature a ouija board under a shiny urethane coating. There'd be old hook-nosed crones doing palm and tarot card readings, wait staff would be dressed as witches, and every so often we have Elvira come in for a guest appearance. Some of the menu items would be blood sausage, beef hearts, mountain oysters and other very fine fare.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:32 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,471,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
If I had the money I'd open the "Ouija Board Bar and Grill" on the concourse, replete with all manner of bizarre artwork on the walls and the table tops would feature a ouija board under a shiny urethane coating. There'd be old hook-nosed crones doing palm and tarot card readings, wait staff would be dressed as witches, and every so often we have Elvira come in for a guest appearance. Some of the menu items would be blood sausage, beef hearts, mountain oysters and other very fine fare.
Hey, nothing wrong with blood sausage (aka black pudding). It's very sturdy, yummy with grain mustard and full of iron . Now if only I could find vendor in this town!

Old 08-29-2012, 12:37 PM

659 posts, read 1,014,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilaili View Post
Hey, nothing wrong with blood sausage (aka black pudding). It's very sturdy, yummy with grain mustard and full of iron . Now if only I could find vendor in this town!

I make black pudding about 2 times a year, it's great for breakfast!

Old 08-29-2012, 01:16 PM

2,075 posts, read 5,123,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipchik View Post

+1

Old 08-29-2012, 02:17 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times

Old 08-29-2012, 02:35 PM

659 posts, read 1,014,782 times
Blue Mustang

The artist died... hmmm Luis Jiménez (killed in 2006 when a section of the 9,000-pound fiberglass statue fell on him during construction)

I don't care what some of you think... that airport is evil.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:16 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,487 times
Quote:
I don't care what some of you think... that airport is evil.
Looking at his works that are listed on Wiki, it strikes me as odd that none of them express that stark darkness. It appears that he was working on a firefighters' memorial at the same time, and the fire that occupies the majority of the volume of that sculpture is menacing, but the context is clear.

I'm kind of intrigued by the horse now-- menacing and guilty of murder. I'm not passionate about Jiminez, but I'd like to get close enough to the horse to try to understand what he was saying. Maybe it's Jiminez's Fountain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
...Denver was selected was because of the (magnetic I believe) energy that radiates out of Colorado from the earth.
Tesla chose Colorado for its electrical properties.

Last edited by The Homogenizer; 08-29-2012 at 03:24 PM..

Old 08-29-2012, 03:19 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,471,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
Looking at his works that are listed on Wiki, it strikes me as odd that none of them express that stark darkness. It appears that he was working on a firefighters' memorial at the same time, and the fire that occupies the majority of the volume of that sculpture is menacing, but the context is clear.

I'm kind of intrigued by the horse now-- menacing and guilty of murder. I'm not passionate about Jiminez, but I'd like to get close enough to the horse to try to understand what he was saying. Maybe it's Jiminez's Fountain.
An inanimate object (whether it's a statute of a horse or an entire bloody airport) cannot be guilty of murder. You need a brain and emotion and calculation for that.

Come on people - can we get a grip ?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver