Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2009, 08:08 AM

1 posts, read 2,246 times

Advertisements

My job is being relocated to the Denver Area (Lakewood) and I am interested in any information about what it's like there....... where to live in or around Lakewood. I have 2 kids that will be in Middle School and High School, so I meed information on schools as well. Any information is helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 01:50 PM

291 posts, read 911,332 times
Lakewood is an older established neighborhood, which means most of the homes are older with most of the older mix being ranch style homes. There are some pockets of newer homes but not many. Maybe that's what you're looking for, as you didn't specify much on if you were renting compared to buying, or what price range for each option.
I'm not sure where you job is (I'm going to guess it's on the west end of Lakewood), but you've got good access to that part of town via 6th Ave, C-470 from the south and I-70 from the north and northeast, so you have many possibilites.
A good school site is; www.schoolperformancemaps.com/co/. This will tell you where the schools are and how they're rated. I've said this before but it bears repeating; generally good schools are in good neighborhoods. I would start be letting that be your guide.
Figure out how much time you want to spend commuting. Some people on this forum are coming from an area where "normal" commute time is an hour. That would be abnormal here. Half of that would give you other options besides Lakewood.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:36 PM

2 posts, read 2,965 times
I am relocating to Englewood,CO for a job. I am single and i am looking for a place to live ideally not more than 20 minutes drive from the place where i work Englewood).Also i would prefer to be stay close to school since i have tuition reimbursement.
Right now looking forward to stay in an APARTMENT for rent.
Since I am right out of school, my first job, so i want a moderate expensive apartment or house plus really healthy environment and good facilities. I am from vegas therefore looking for something different.

I would mostly prefer to live where more young people live some thing like graduate students.

It would be great if someone could give a better view of the places around.

Natarajan

Old 05-25-2011, 05:43 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natty4city View Post
I am relocating to Englewood,CO for a job. I am single and i am looking for a place to live ideally not more than 20 minutes drive from the place where i work Englewood).Also i would prefer to be stay close to school since i have tuition reimbursement.
Right now looking forward to stay in an APARTMENT for rent.
Since I am right out of school, my first job, so i want a moderate expensive apartment or house plus really healthy environment and good facilities. I am from vegas therefore looking for something different.

I would mostly prefer to live where more young people live some thing like graduate students.

It would be great if someone could give a better view of the places around.

Natarajan
Use padmapper.com to find rentals. Best of luck to you Natty.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:10 AM

2 posts, read 2,965 times
Thank you Mike! Appreciate it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver