Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,903 times

Advertisements

www.wacots.org Covers the Wayne County Training School aka Wayne County Child Development Center and The Plymouth State Home (Sheldon Center)
http://wacots.org/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=1049
Lots of info on Eloise maybury Sanitorium DEHOCO and Northville Regional Psych. Also tons of other places on the East Coast Cool morgues Kirkbrides and more. I started Exploring in the late 1970's Spent years exploring the WCTS. I have hours of Film and video All I can say is that there is so much misinformation out there it makes me laugh. If you want the real history check out my site. I have people that were actual patients there. I have interviews with Northville police, training school employees. I have talk ed to the daughter of the founder and first president. I have done Seminars for the township as well.

http://wacots.org/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=679
The intersection of Sheldon and 5 Mile is at the left side of this picture. It was very rural when it was built.

http://wacots.org/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=1686

I spent more time there then at my high school

I can understand however. Some of it fuzzy memories. I am also happy that the internet didn't exist back in the 80's. People learned about the training school by word of mouth. People that "Urban Explore" annoy me to no end. The hipster wannabe's missed the boat by 10 years. To this day If I meet someone that went there back in the day they know what I am talking about. there is a shared experience that we all had. The place consumed you. www.wacots.org check it out also northville-tunnels.com

Last edited by Syd Barrett; 09-06-2012 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: hyperlinks wrong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2013, 08:53 PM

9 posts, read 42,747 times
Default Northville Regional Psychiatric Hospital

Last edited by wcts; 04-21-2013 at 09:00 PM.. Reason: Clean it up

Old 04-25-2013, 02:47 PM

892 posts, read 1,502,771 times
Shouldn't take much effort to figure out where my screen name came from, lol....

Used to do it a LOT in/around Detroit when I lived there. Like Syd, I spent more time in those buildings than I did in school. Sure, it was a rush and all, but when my friends started getting arrested and spending time in jail for it, suddenly the rush wasn't there any more. It wasn't just stupid teenagers doing stupid things getting them arrested either...one of my buddies in his 40's got popped by Detroit PD.

I've since moved to Phoenix, and when I was back in Detroit last year, a bunch of us were supposed to go hit up some buildings for old time's sake...we ended up getting hammered, and talking about what we used to do, lol. I don't regret not going back out there one bit, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit