Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 04:46 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,890,947 times

Advertisements

Is anyone on here going? It's starting like now. Im not going but me personally have mixed feelings about this rally taking place. Now I know this is a sad situation and all and I agree 100% that there should be justice but do we really have the damn nerve to rally and cry for justice about a teen in Florida when there are kids getting killed all the time in our own city and there is no justice being done? People are shot everyday and there is hardly any justice being done but the whole city wants to come together and fight for justice when this happens. If people got this angry over city leaders raping Detroit repeatedly and not taking care of it and getting away with it, we would have much more attention from leaders now, they might actually get their act together and that is something that actually affects people in the city personally, this is not. Im not a heartless individual but damn, take care of home first.
That's personally how I feel about the situation. What is your take on it?

BTW I hear the chief of police is leading it.

Last edited by MS313; 03-26-2012 at 05:21 PM..

Old 03-26-2012, 05:21 PM

21,154 posts, read 19,736,448 times
Well said.

White kills black = crime
Black kills black = o.k.
Black kills white = shhh...

Old 03-26-2012, 06:46 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinStrong313 View Post
Is anyone on here going? It's starting like now. Im not going but me personally have mixed feelings about this rally taking place. Now I know this is a sad situation and all and I agree 100% that there should be justice but do we really have the damn nerve to rally and cry for justice about a teen in Florida when there are kids getting killed all the time in our own city and there is no justice being done? People are shot everyday and there is hardly any justice being done but the whole city wants to come together and fight for justice when this happens. If people got this angry over city leaders raping Detroit repeatedly and not taking care of it and getting away with it, we would have much more attention from leaders now, they might actually get their act together and that is something that actually affects people in the city personally, this is not. Im not a heartless individual but damn, take care of home first.

I was just talking to a guy the other day....and we concluded the same thing.

Let me just say this. There are a LOT of people out there that would love to be empowered to use their right to bear arms to start killing folks that they think are the scum of the earth. If people feel empowered to confront people that they feel are suspicious looking....and kill them if things escalate.....that will just result in more people doing it. I read comments on the time, from people on forums, who cheer stuff like this and who have conceal and carry permits and would not hesitate to blast "these scum" if they approached them in the wrong way.

If someone had a heart attack and nearly died, they will react to the slightest chest pains differently than one who has never had heart issues. The impact of race and racism on the lives of black people has been as profound as a heart attack. Hence, black people overreact to issues that appear to be race related. Its the human condition after spending over 3 centuries oppressed because of race. Jewish people react no less to issues of anti-semitism....but use their economic power and influence instead of marching in the streets.

People make it seem like blacks are silent when blacks are killing blacks. Its talked about all the time in black churches and people are holding rallies to stop the violence, there are orginizations like S.O.S.A.D, mad dads....people leaving flowers. Where I live now in Minneapolis there have been rallies by leaders when black kids are killed.

I don't think any amount of rallies are going to stop the killing in the streets. The only thing that I feel will radically cut street killings is the legalization of drugs. However, rallies like this can prevent the misapplication of laws, such as "Stand your ground", that pushes the envelope by allowing the application of the law to scope creep and allow unarmed individuals doing nothing wrong to be gunned down for looking suspicious....after being confronted.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:42 PM

544 posts, read 901,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
The only thing that I feel will radically cut street killings is the legalization of drugs.
You can't be serious?

Old 03-26-2012, 07:44 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,664,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinStrong313 View Post

There is a lot of justice being done that's why the shooting continues. You shoot some kid and his friends shoot you. Then one of your friends shoots your killer and so on.

Which is what I think should happen to Zimmermann. Justice by the book can be messy and sometimes just can't accomplish much but a father without a son, without much else to live for, CAN.

Other than that, it's none of my business. People kill themselves all the time around me, I make it a habit to stay outta that unless I want to join in on the fun.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:00 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leroythelion View Post
You can't be serious?
I am totally serious. The violence is not unlike the violence that manifested during prohibition, that radically declined a year after prohibition ended.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:22 PM

93,413 posts, read 124,084,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Well said.

White kills black = crime
Black kills black = o.k.
Black kills white = shhh...
I'd say they are under the jail for the third example.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:25 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,937,766 times
Zimmermann is the ultimate republican privatized police force.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:47 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,890,947 times
Zimmermann should be in front of a firing squad for what he did. They should make him do neighborhood watch in Detroit and see how long he last following and pulling guns out on "suspicious looking teens". Real justice.

Last edited by MS313; 03-26-2012 at 09:56 PM..

Old 03-26-2012, 10:56 PM

381 posts, read 507,188 times
as a former resident of gated community living, i can tell you that stopping strangers in our neighborhood and politely questioning them is normal practice. also, another normal practice is an appointed resident driving around a golf cart and ticketing or sending notices to home owners who's grass needs to be trimmed or the wrong curtain colors are visible from the streets.

now with this strict community living, what zimmerman did was not stalking but normal behavior for a neighborhood watch in a private community. i have followed a group of kids that enter our gated community to use our pools. i didn't call the cops but i walk up to them and ask if they are residents or guests of residents. at times they get smart mouthed and leave. other times the come back and vandalize the area. we pay extra monthly to keep up with repairs.

i can tell you if one of them punched me and started bashing my head on the sidewalk, my blood isn't only going to be the one spilled. no i didn't carry weapons when i lived in FL. but can physically defend myself.

from my experience and what witnesses have reported, it supports zimmerman's story. he followed a kid he thought didn't belong there (this is normal practice so please don't use the stalking a black kid to murder him scenario). we already know it wasn't race based. 911 revealed that zimmerman didn't know the race until afterwards.

since it's normal practice to question strangers in a private community, there was nothing wrong with zimmerman asking the kid why he's there. since i've experienced bad attitudes from other teens, i can see how trayvon could have been offended by being questioned. teens takes things more personally and if he was in a bad mood that day, i can see it escalating.

what is not clear is who threw the first punch. but now that i'm a license firearm owner, i can tell you that getting into fist fights is the last thing a gun carrier will do. the reason is fear of loosing the weapon during a fight. with this in mind, it's reasonable to assume that the odds favor trayvon in throwing the first blow.

witness reports released by the local paper given by authorities support zimmerman's story that he was screaming for help while trayvon was beating him (bashing his head into the sidewalk). at this moment, the state's castle doctrine is now in effect. zimmerman's life is now threatened. remember, he cried for help first before finally using his gun. he could have used his gun earlier if he was planning on murdering trayvon.

then the witness reports that after the gun shot, zimmerman got on top of trayvon with his hands on trayvon's back. people question this action. why is he not helping the teen that just bashed his head into the sidewalk and now shot? i can't believe people don't understand that it's human nature not to help someone that just tried to kill you.

the phone call to trayvon's girlfriend is irrelevant. we already know zimmerman was following him. this is normal in private communities. i have to keep emphasizing this because i've read too many comments saying he should not be pursuing trayvon in the first place.

past police records have been used to discredit zimmerman. that too is irrelevant. both parties aren't clean. need i bring up the reason trayvon was suspended from school? out of respect for trayvon. i also believe he should not have died in that incident. both parties are to blame. zimmerman should have been more polite and more apologetic when questioning a teen. trayvon should have kept his cool and not feel disrespected for being questioned. this fatal event was indeed avoidable, but stupidity from both parties let it escalate.

it takes an open mind to accept the witness reports. it will be hard for those supporting trayvon to understand why he died. there isn't anything to understand. misinformation from the media fueled the lynch mob mentality. the authorities should have released this information much sooner before it escalated.

i will respect those that still believe zimmerman is guilty of murder. i also believed this was true when i first heard only the family's side of it. then i listened to the 911 calls and witness reports and it just started to support zimmerman's story. it was hard for me to accept that i misjudged someone completely wrong. i know it will be hard for others to also admit they were wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit