Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2012, 03:24 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times

Advertisements

I do not believe..I have seen. If others want to deny there are gangs in Detroit, then so be it. May be not everyone that wears blue is attenting the same chapter, but almost every gang in Detroit is based in either BLUE (CRIPS) or RED (BLOODS)
East side or west side. The old timers are tied to either the FOLKS or the PEOPLE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 08:15 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,889,088 times
I think pretty much all gangs are centered around Red or Blue. Gangster Disciples never wear red. Vice Lords never wear blue. It's part of the Folks and Peoples nation. However I agree that they probably aren't as serious as they are out in Cali or Chicago.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:40 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,663,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I do not believe..I have seen. If others want to deny there are gangs in Detroit, then so be it. May be not everyone that wears blue is attenting the same chapter, but almost every gang in Detroit is based in either BLUE (CRIPS) or RED (BLOODS)
East side or west side. The old timers are tied to either the FOLKS or the PEOPLE.
lol man, you ever in detroit give me a holler (by pm or post) and I'll drive you and introduce you around. The vast majority don't wear any uniform, any color. They rep their neighborhood so they know whose an outsider and whose not because they know their neighbors. They don't need no colors to help them see who does belong.

I'm not saying there are no bloods or crips in detroit or gangs that go by color but for the most part it's small, isolated and they're posing cali street life.

Like I said, gimme a holler

Old 05-05-2012, 10:43 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,663,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinStrong313 View Post
I think pretty much all gangs are centered around Red or Blue. Gangster Disciples never wear red. Vice Lords never wear blue. It's part of the Folks and Peoples nation. However I agree that they probably aren't as serious as they are out in Cali or Chicago.
The biggest of all are the democrats and republicans

Old 05-14-2012, 08:47 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,101,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by us66 View Post
Could it have been a dog? Every other time I'm on Interstate 94 within Detroit city limits there seems to be a dead dog somewhere along the roadway.
When you live or work in Toronto, you get quite accustomed to seeing homeless people passed out under blankets on top of subway exhaust grates or other heating system grates. This was a human-shaped body under a blanket beside the median on the highway. No question about it.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:28 PM

1,900 posts, read 5,907,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
When you live or work in Toronto, you get quite accustomed to seeing homeless people passed out under blankets on top of subway exhaust grates or other heating system grates. This was a human-shaped body under a blanket beside the median on the highway. No question about it.
I've seen plenty of homeless in Toronto. I've seen the "Obamaville" (or is it a "Harperville") under the Gardiner.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:52 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,101,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by us66 View Post
I've seen plenty of homeless in Toronto. I've seen the "Obamaville" (or is it a "Harperville") under the Gardiner.
Ha. Then you should know there is quite the difference between a human form under a blanket and a dog's form under one. What we saw in Detroit was definitely a human.

FWIW, why would someone drop a dog's body off in the middle of the interstate and then take the trouble to drape a blanket over it? I know people do weird things sometimes but c'mon...

Old 05-15-2012, 12:14 AM

4,647 posts, read 8,602,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Ha. Then you should know there is quite the difference between a human form under a blanket and a dog's form under one. What we saw in Detroit was definitely a human.

FWIW, why would someone drop a dog's body off in the middle of the interstate and then take the trouble to drape a blanket over it? I know people do weird things sometimes but c'mon...
Maybe it was already an old dirty blanket and they figured it would be useful in this situation.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:39 AM

1,900 posts, read 5,907,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
Maybe it was already an old dirty blanket and they figured it would be useful in this situation.
Yeah. What he said.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:44 PM

3 posts, read 17,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
lol man, you ever in detroit give me a holler (by pm or post) and I'll drive you and introduce you around. The vast majority don't wear any uniform, any color. They rep their neighborhood so they know whose an outsider and whose not because they know their neighbors. They don't need no colors to help them see who does belong.

I'm not saying there are no bloods or crips in detroit or gangs that go by color but for the most part it's small, isolated and they're posing cali street life.

Like I said, gimme a holler
Haven't been in the D for a long time, but I grew up there as a child in the 80s. I remember the era of Young Boys Inc. , Best Friends, Pony Down...those days were crazy, it was one of the reason my pops decided to move down to Mississippi to keep me and my sisters safe. Yeah Folks and People as well, and I also agree with your quote about it being neighorhoods (or streets such as Dexter Ave).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit