Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 10:37 PM

66 posts, read 83,112 times

Advertisements

Just moved to Southfield 12 and telegraph area and I love the area. Just a ton of shopping resturants/bar etc, not far from royal oak/detroit/troy etc.....Love it the quality of the neighborhood is fantastic......
It's a Much much much better area that 8-10 mile area of southfield.......price was amazing

Anyone else stay out this way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2016, 04:44 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,249,462 times
I am not at all familiar with the area but I am happy for you. Best wishes going forward....

unless your like a pimp or crack dealer or hit-man or something but I figure those people aren't posting on the Internet

Old 10-10-2016, 05:54 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,667,790 times
Well yeah, you're adjacent to Franklin and Bingham Farms, two of the highest income areas in the entire state. I don't imagine there are too many sketchy areas within walking distance of Franklin. Also, if you've not done so already, check out the ice cream/coffee shop in downtown Franklin. I'm a huge fan of that place. Delicious, chill place to spend a weekend afternoon.

Southfield and Warren both get undeserved negative reputations applied to the entirety of the cities when once you get north of 696 both towns are really quite nice from everything I've seen. Granted far more of Southfield lies south of 696, but the isolated areas north are great. The parts south aren't terrible, they're by no means Highland Park as some may lead you to believe, they just aren't exactly top of my list of great places to live either.

Old 10-10-2016, 07:24 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,158,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo-Aggie View Post
Also, if you've not done so already, check out the ice cream/coffee shop in downtown Franklin.
The things you learn on C-D. I am going to check that place out - looks neat. I didn't even know downtown Franklin was a thing...

Old 10-10-2016, 07:57 AM

1,648 posts, read 3,273,157 times
Glad you are happy in the new place. I frequent the Telegraph/12 mile area often for work - it doesn't really strike me as desirable or any different than any other suburban intersection (Meijer, LA Fitness, Best Buy, car dealer) but if it has more amenities than whatever area you came from - consider it a win!

Mr Joe's and McVees are probably two of my favorite bars in Southfield.

Old 10-10-2016, 08:49 AM

2,210 posts, read 3,495,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
Glad you are happy in the new place. I frequent the Telegraph/12 mile area often for work - it doesn't really strike me as desirable or any different than any other suburban intersection (Meijer, LA Fitness, Best Buy, car dealer) but if it has more amenities than whatever area you came from - consider it a win!

Mr Joe's and McVees are probably two of my favorite bars in Southfield.
If it doesn't pass the belleislerunner cool test, it's not worth living there.

Old 10-10-2016, 09:01 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,158,037 times
Tel/12 has some decent chain stores, but, for my money, none of them are the best of the bunch if compared to same stores in the surrounding area. The Meijer is a bit dingy and run down, the DSW down the road in Farmington Hills is brand new, the Best Buy on Haggerty/8 mile is also cleaner and the staff is much more pleasant. The 24 Hour Fitness is always super crowded and reeks of sweat (I realize it's a gym, but even the 24HRF in Fairlane Mall in Dearborn smells better). As far as housing is concerned, I couldn't really pass judgment, but, honestly, the most important thing isn't what any of us think - as long as OP is happy, that's really all that matters.

Old 10-10-2016, 09:04 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,667,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
The things you learn on C-D. I am going to check that place out - looks neat. I didn't even know downtown Franklin was a thing...
Haha, it's tiny, but it's cute. A couple quaint little shops, the ice cream place, a cider mill... yeah, that's about it , but absolutely worth a visit if you're in the area or nearby. I really like Franklin. If I were wealthy I'd live there over B-Ham/Bloomfield or the Pointes, any day.

I'd probably spend my weekend evenings in a leather chair, centered in a dimly-lit room, reading leather-bound books, drinking bourbon and smoking fine cigars. I imagine that's a typical Saturday night in about half the homes in Franklin.

Old 10-10-2016, 03:40 PM

66 posts, read 83,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig11152 View Post

unless your like a pimp or crack dealer or hit-man or something but I figure those people aren't posting on the Internet

I'm a little confused about why this statement was made? It just seems very random, but maybe you can explain to me and the mods here why you said that.........I'm sure it had nothing to do with my profile pic....

Old 10-10-2016, 03:48 PM

19 posts, read 16,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder after Midnight View Post
I'm a little confused about why this statement was made? It just seems very random, but maybe you can explain to me and the mods here why you said that.........I'm sure it had nothing to do with my profile pic....
I interpreted it as a follow-on to his/her first statement. Like "Best wishes!....unless you're a crack dealer...". Making fun at his own expense, I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit