Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 12:11 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,415,438 times

Advertisements

Someone has been paying very good attention to everything If only every spouse was like that.. I agree with you on everything you said, especially the addiction part. The more I live my post-surgery life, the more I realize what the whole root of the problem is. So now I'm focusing more on my addictive personality and trying to get rid of everything bad in my life. I quit smoking about 4 1/2 years ago, but could not beat the food addiction on my own, or I just didn't try hard enough.. Now that I have the food thing beat, I'm working on other things. The first was my avoidance of exercise. I always did a bare minimum of it just to get through my 20 years in the military. Now I feel rotten if I don't run at least every few days. I quit drinking coffee prior to the surgery because I had to, but I went back after about 6 months and I need to get rid of it again. The latest was biting my fingernails. For all my life, I've always had nasty looking nails from biting them and all the skin around them, but I finally beat it and I can't believe I did it. I've probably tried quitting that more times than I tried to quit smoking, but it never worked until now. It's only been a few weeks, but that's WAY longer than I've ever made it before. Now I just need to get back off coffee and I'll be addiction free for the first time ever.
Hopefully people are realizing this is not a magic pill, but it can work wonders for you. It takes a ton of effort, though, and you can't ever stop.
BTW, I also don't have issues with sugar, which is strange and it drives the doctors crazy. I really like it a lot, too, and it doesn't phase my stomach at all. Grease is definitely a killer, though. I don't even mess with that crap anymore.

BTW2, today is my one year anniversary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes