Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 01:38 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,397,254 times

Advertisements

A group of nine male co-workers have lost a considerable amount of weight. They've done so by placing themselves on a diet which requires consuming no more than 500 calories per day for forty days. In addition, the diet requires taking 12 drops of a liquid estrogen supplement per day. The emphatic focus phrase I hear from them is "loss of viceral fat."

Admittedly, these men have lost lots of weight. One of these men works directly with me. Since he began his diet, besides loosing lots of weight, I have observed a noticeable decrease in his concentration, and he regularly appears confused. His voice at times deminishes to a whisper. Aside from looking gaunt, his walk and pace have slowed significantly.

As an outsider looking in, this does not appear healthy on several different levels. Given that they only consume 500 calories per day, there is obviously no emphasis on exercise.

If anyone reading this has been exposed to this type of diet I'd appreciate if you could shed light on your experiences and possible repercusions of this activity. I'm no nutritionist but this seems down right dangerous and harmful to the body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 02:08 PM

278 posts, read 577,211 times
sounds like HCG

Old 09-23-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldraider View Post
sounds like HCG
Bingo! Thank you much. That's exactly it! I just googled HCG. Here's what reads like an unbiased review of an HCG diet.

HCG Diet: Does HCG Diet Work? | ConsumerHealthAnswers.com: Good Health Means Being Informed

My suspicions have been confirmed. Not a good thing!

Old 09-23-2011, 03:56 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,803,986 times
Does he have moobs yet?

I can't imagine that it's a good thing either and what man would want to give up his virility? Most men would do anything else first. It sounds like the diet is eating his muscles and organs and women have less muscle than men, so he's probably losing even more muscle with the estrogen. Lordy, what will they think of next?

Old 09-23-2011, 04:08 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,056,744 times
Regardless of the drops, only 500 calories is not healthy. That is one step above fasting, so it is not surprising that they are having problems with energy and confusion.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Does he have moobs yet?

I can't imagine that it's a good thing either and what man would want to give up his virility? Most men would do anything else first. It sounds like the diet is eating his muscles and organs and women have less muscle than men, so he's probably losing even more muscle with the estrogen. Lordy, what will they think of next?
Moobs? That must stand for "man boobs." Well, he use to have a nice set of giggly "man boobs." Ha! ha! Aside from no longer having his customary "man boobs," his man voice is down to a whimper. I assume his virility is akin to his voice. And that would be the saddest part of this non-fictional story.

Sadly, the person in reference is a divorcee in his late 40's. He recently met a 35 y/o hottie via an online dating site. Ergo his need for a more acceptable appearance. But, at what expense? Here is a man whom is apparently jeopardizing his health on account of his enrapture and thrill with a young hot chickie momma.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
Regardless of the drops, only 500 calories is not healthy. That is one step above fasting, so it is not surprising that they are having problems with energy and confusion.
Most definitely. I believe his weight loss is merely attributable to his low caloric intake.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:52 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,061,664 times
Just what every woman wants to date, a man that starves himself and takes estrogen.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:20 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,803,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
Just what every woman wants to date, a man that starves himself and takes estrogen.
Especially a younger hottie.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
Sounds like the "super model" syndrome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss