Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 08:25 AM

4,221 posts, read 4,745,158 times

Advertisements

I'm 5'1" and going on a cruise soon. Goal was to lose 10 lbs. Started master cleanse last Saturday; 3 days later lost 4 lbs. Only made it to 6 days. At the end of the 6th day decided to break the cleanse.

SO...on that 6th day had OJ in the evening. Then had soup + rye wafer for dinner. And water. HOWEVER, in the middle of the night I binged. I got up and had 2 Nature's Valley Oat and Honey Granola bars. Not 2 as in the 2 that come in the pack...2 as in 2 PACKS.

My goal was to continue breaking out of the fast slowly over the next 2 days with juice, broths, soups, salads & veggies. But this morning I woke up feeling so bad I binged...I'm experiencing a lot of guilt today!

Anywho, I decided not to weigh myself for 4-5 days and just concentrate on breaking out slowly as I described above, then going to a low calorie (1200ish), high protein/high fiber diet with weights and cardio until the cruise day (24 days from now).

So:

Did I hurt my body from the binge last night?? Do I need to do some salt water flushes so I don't start to feel bloated? Did I just undo the 4-5 lbs I just lost??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 08:55 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
That is for detox more so than weight loss. And depending on your total intake your loss could just be water. Do the caloric math. As soon as you come off a fast its normal to put on 5-10 lbs in water and food. Eating 360 calories in a sitting is not a binge. Its a normal amount for a small meal or double sized snack. But you shouldn't be eating processed stuff like that or heavy protein so soon. You probably will feel ill from it.

You broke the fast incorrectly. You are suppose to have OJ for a couple days. You probably needed sugar and that is why you craved those bars.

http://www.cookingwithsean.net/image...terCleanse.pdf

Follow the directions on correctly breaking the fast. You don't need another salt water flush etc. If you are bloated just drink water to get things moving. You really are only suppose to flush on the first day and then after that its optional. It should only be used if your body is not already moving things out on its own.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:52 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
According to the Nature Vally website one 2-bar pack of Oat and Honey granola bars has 190 calories. You ate two of them, for a whopping 380 calories. It may have been more than you wanted to eat, but it's not as if you ate an entire bag of potato chips or a whole pint of ice cream.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:58 PM

890 posts, read 2,785,567 times
Eat 4 oz tilapia filet, 8 oz broccoli, 80 grams of baby spinach -- all steamed. If you need salty, 1 small packet of light soy sauce. Eat that 3 to 4 times a day.

If you don't like fish, eat skinless chicken, boiled or grilled.

If you need sweets, eat 1/2 cup fat free yogurt or greek yogurt, with 1/4 cup blue berries. Eat at most 2x in a day.

If you absolutely need something to stuff your face, binge on baby spinach.

Drink water only, or green tea.

If you need caffeine, drink 4 oz black coffee and add 4 oz cold water---drink it in one shot. One at 8 am, 2nd at 10 am. If you still need, one more at 12pm.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:20 PM

Raw spinach is an excellent idea. Along with that yogurt to help restock your colon with digestive bacteria that you flushed out with the salt water. BUT go easy on the dairy. Kefir may be an more digestible choice.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:16 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Chances are you're going to get really gassy--to the point of pain in a couple of days so take some charcoal tablets to break it up. Your stomach will be flatter the next morning too.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:05 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
I'm 5'1" and going on a cruise soon. Goal was to lose 10 lbs. Started master cleanse last Saturday; 3 days later lost 4 lbs. Only made it to 6 days. At the end of the 6th day decided to break the cleanse.

SO...on that 6th day had OJ in the evening. Then had soup + rye wafer for dinner. And water. HOWEVER, in the middle of the night I binged. I got up and had 2 Nature's Valley Oat and Honey Granola bars. Not 2 as in the 2 that come in the pack...2 as in 2 PACKS.

My goal was to continue breaking out of the fast slowly over the next 2 days with juice, broths, soups, salads & veggies. But this morning I woke up feeling so bad I binged...I'm experiencing a lot of guilt today!

Anywho, I decided not to weigh myself for 4-5 days and just concentrate on breaking out slowly as I described above, then going to a low calorie (1200ish), high protein/high fiber diet with weights and cardio until the cruise day (24 days from now).

So:

Did I hurt my body from the binge last night?? Do I need to do some salt water flushes so I don't start to feel bloated? Did I just undo the 4-5 lbs I just lost??
I hate to break it to you, but that 4-5 lbs of was almost entirely lost from water weight and the depletion of your glycogen stores. You might have lost a pound, pound and a half of fat at best.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Chances are you're going to get really gassy--to the point of pain in a couple of days so take some charcoal tablets to break it up. Your stomach will be flatter the next morning too.
This is all helped by the digestive bacteria. If you get really upset you are eating too much too soon or maybe a food that does not agree with you and should be avoided. A common one that bothers people is wheat. Especially in large amounts.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I hate to break it to you, but that 4-5 lbs of was almost entirely lost from water weight and the depletion of your glycogen stores. You might have lost a pound, pound and a half of fat at best.
Well yea, I figured that out when I stepped on the scale today!

I, of all people, should know there's no quick way to this...I just thought I could drop 10 lbs before vacation. It'll be here in like 3.5 weeks now...I'd be happy with just 5 lbs at this point.

Can it be done (it meaning 'losing 5 lbs') by eating maybe 500-600 cals under maintenance and doing as much cardio as possible? Or should I invest in 3 one-pieces instead of 1 one-piece & 2 bikinis?

Old 10-10-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Raw spinach is an excellent idea. Along with that yogurt to help restock your colon with digestive bacteria that you flushed out with the salt water. BUT go easy on the dairy. Kefir may be an more digestible choice.
I love spinach; I've been doing spinach salads...

And lots of lentil soup
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss