Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 12:58 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,814,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmassacci View Post
You are actually wrong, my mother-in law participated in the HCG diet and lost 50 pounds in 3 months from it and has been able to keep the weight off for the last two..she talked to her doctor before going on it and he approved. I didn't have as great results. The Hydroxicut and Apidexin I wouldn't recommend if you are sensitive to caffeine like I was. As for the Visalus..I have been on these shakes for a month now and have lost ten pounds and still maintain a 1300-1500 calorie diet. I have been using the itworks wraps (which are all natural and not harmful) in conjunction with working out and have lost 8 inches around my waist. The wraps helped firm skin that was loose from having a child as well as weight loss which helped me in becoming more confident in myself to continue working out. You guys are brutal! Being the newbie in this forum, I was trying to break the ice and not advertise.I was sure many of you would be judgmental about a "new" product that is outside of the norm which is why I suggested looking at the pictures.. You all have been talking about other diets and other things that don't last when you stop using the product. I personally have tried everything I was just talking about and was "discussing" it...isn't that what this is about?
All wraps do is make you sweat. There is NOTHING in the world that will 'tone' loose skin. It needs to be surgically removed.
You do not need 'products' to lose weight and be healthy. HCG is a scam. People lose weight on it because of the calorie restriction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 03:10 PM

6 posts, read 10,784 times
You clearly are speaking out of pure ignorance, because the wrap I am talking about is not a full body wrap and doesn't rely on sweat to reduce inches...just as no loss of water weight reduces inches it reduces body weight. There are several different kinds of wraps out there...don't judge all by one google search because you are speaking nonsense. As for the HCG diet, there is no scam...My mother in law was consuming more calories then I would eat without dieting..and if it is such a scam why would doctors recommend it to over weight patients? She was participating in the Grace and Strength program for HCG which is a christian based organization that provides coaches during your entire weight loss journey. Is there calorie restrictions? sure...But, I hope anyone who is dieting can handle the 1800 calories a day that is full of protein, fruits and veggies..this is no walmart diet plan (which I'm sure you are alluding to).

Old 05-31-2012, 03:51 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times
HCG is a scam. It's been written about MANY times in this diet and weight-loss forum. The ONLY people who insist they've used it and it works, are either ignorant people who lost weight because they restricted calories, and NOT because they paid for what basically amounts to a placebo, OR shills for the company. Which one are you?

Old 05-31-2012, 04:06 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,791,358 times
Quote:
Actually, I'm not on any health and beauty forum under a different name... I have a life and so there is no need for me to "disguise" myself anywhere else. So, get your facts straight before you point fingers. Secondly, the person I responded to, (which was not you)was asking about weightloss and being a mother and having gained weight I was explaining what worked for me to lose it rather than reading what you clearly have no idea about...not advertising.
Gee my mistake. From gazzarobbo:
Quote:
hi there...
i fount a company that has tremendouse products that
reset the youth gene clusters..

if you are interested in knowing more.

please email me on hs_supertrooper@yahoo.co.uk
Yes I see now that your spelling is better. Yes, I get a little suspicious when a first time poster starts right in talking about a product and urges us to contact them to find out more. Mmm hmm. And if you'd been visiting and lurking here as most first time posters have, you'd realize what the general consensus is about HCG.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:17 PM

6 posts, read 10,784 times
Oh I'm aware now... I'm not an advocate for HCG, as I already stated I did not have the best results with it, but my mother in law did with a company that is ministry based. Everyone keeps jumping down my throat for things I have literally tried and can give a real testimony for. I simply stated what worked for me. End of story. You don't have to agree, but rudeness is not warranted either.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:34 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times
Quote:
Oh I'm aware now... I'm not an advocate for HCG, as I already stated I did not have the best results with it, but my mother in law did with a company that is ministry based. Everyone keeps jumping down my throat for things I have literally tried and can give a real testimony for. I simply stated what worked for me. End of story. You don't have to agree, but rudeness is not warranted either.
Being "ministry-based" doesn't validate a product. Just ask Tammy Faye what mascara she uses and you'll have indesputable proof about that. And, I don't have to try getting a heart implant without anasthesia, to know it's probably not a good idea. I don't need to try not eating for 6 months, to know that yeah - I'll lose weight, but no, I won't be healthy when I'm done.

I don't need to go on a 500-calorie diet and pay to get placebo injections, to know that it's a stupid idea that doesn't benefit anyone but the doctor.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:06 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,814,359 times
Quote:
You clearly are speaking out of pure ignorance, because the wrap I am talking about is not a full body wrap and doesn't rely on sweat to reduce inches...just as no loss of water weight reduces inches it reduces body weight. There are several different kinds of wraps out there...don't judge all by one google search because you are speaking nonsense. As for the HCG diet, there is no scam...My mother in law was consuming more calories then I would eat without dieting..and if it is such a scam why would doctors recommend it to over weight patients? She was participating in the Grace and Strength program for HCG which is a christian based organization that provides coaches during your entire weight loss journey. Is there calorie restrictions? sure...But, I hope anyone who is dieting can handle the 1800 calories a day that is full of protein, fruits and veggies..this is no walmart diet plan (which I'm sure you are alluding to).
I am sorry if I make a typo here because I am laughing so hard. The wrap does what exactly? C'mon, I really do not mean to be rude, but you are clearly misinformed about just about everything when it comes to losing weight. ANd what the heck does Christianity have to do with losing weight?
Please inform yourself better. You will do a huge favor for yourself and your body.

Old 06-02-2012, 05:19 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,516,009 times
there is a sucker born every minute!

Old 06-02-2012, 10:32 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,802,587 times
The first rule of Christianity should be the first rule of Fight Club.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:17 PM

467 posts, read 664,638 times
Eat real food & fix your metabolism. Consider coconut oil, have your thyroid checked. Cut back on your PUFA intake, polyunsaturated fatty acids; they are in everything- grains, vegetable oils, vegetables, cold water omega-3 fatty fish etc & damage thyroid which lowers metabolism.
Weight Control
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss