Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 10:56 PM

11,022 posts, read 5,981,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
Wait.. are you telling me that all the weight I've lost so far is just me pooping out bad food? Not any actual weight? Anyway how long does this bowel adjustment usually last?
Not 9 lbs in three weeks, no. I missed a page, sorry. That would only be for the first few days and not that much. But on the bright side, you are doing well. Get used to the fibre. Fruits will loosen bowels with or without fibre. Healthy eating is great!

A trick with a high fresh salad/vegetable diet is to add plenty of avocado to it. Avocado is good for satisfying hunger and keeps you going quite long. It's also supposed to induce the body to draw on fat reserves. All I know is I just couldn't lose that last kg of weight until I ramped up the avocado and added cashews. I found myself eating less.

Keep us posted on your weight loss progress.

Keep well
303Guy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2014, 11:35 PM

338 posts, read 421,135 times
Is there any way to do that *without* having to endure the avocado torture?

As is the case with whole-grain (i.e. sawdust) bread, there is NOTHING anybody can do to an avocado to make it fit for human consumption!

Old 11-24-2014, 11:49 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Quote:
It's just soft and frequent. It's not diarrhea. Any idea of how long it takes for the stomach to accommodate?
It's the bowel rather than the stomach, and it may take a couple of weeks. As long as you are not in discomfort, it is normal.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:16 AM

408 posts, read 722,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
It's the bowel rather than the stomach, and it may take a couple of weeks. As long as you are not in discomfort, it is normal.
couple of weeks? Jesus... I'm not in any discomfort, I'm just annoyed that I have to use the restroom so often.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:54 AM

4,560 posts, read 5,414,667 times
Quote:
Switching to a healthy diet cause loose bowels?
No. No it does not. If this is happening to you then I suggest re-examining what you are calling a "healthy diet".

Old 11-27-2014, 12:43 PM

My diet is basically the same. Sandwiches with chicken and vegetables for lunch and dinner and cereal in the morning. The only think I've cut is the fatty snacks like french fries and chips. The calories overall are less as well. Somehow it's causing me to go #2 4 times a day.

Old 11-27-2014, 12:49 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,418,258 times
When I first went vegan (after being a vegetarian for 34 years) I still ate a lot of processed foods . Now I try to cook everything from scratch (Thug Kitchen-type stuff) and I too go more often.

I feel better though, and have also lost weight from places I couldn't before.

That being said, it is a pain in the butt

I read in some other vegan book that this will change as the body acclimates. So for me it's been about 3 weeks.

Old 11-27-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
When I first went vegan (after being a vegetarian for 34 years) I still ate a lot of processed foods . Now I try to cook everything from scratch (Thug Kitchen-type stuff) and I too go more often.

I feel better though, and have also lost weight from places I couldn't before.

That being said, it is a pain in the butt

I read in some other vegan book that this will change as the body acclimates. So for me it's been about 3 weeks.
3 weeks since your body adjusted? But the see the thing is I've been eating like this for a while now, months in fact. The only difference is I've eliminated the fatty snacks.

Old 11-28-2014, 02:52 PM

11,022 posts, read 5,981,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
Is there any way to do that *without* having to endure the avocado torture?

As is the case with whole-grain (i.e. sawdust) bread, there is NOTHING anybody can do to an avocado to make it fit for human consumption!
I take it you don't like avocado. I love them!

To me a healthy diet has no refined sugars (public enemy number one), no refined grains, in fact, nothing refined. Nothing fried, nothing boiled (only steamed) but plenty of fresh salads, fruits, whole grains (not too much), oily fish, lean meats, eggs, nuts (cashews being top of my list) and so on. Switching from an unhealthy diet is surely going to do things to one's bowels.

Old 11-28-2014, 03:12 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,732,248 times
Fiber, bread has a lot of fiber and cutting it out without replacing its fiber content will do that to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss