Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 08:03 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times

Advertisements

Or just a slick marketing gimmick directed at the gullible?
New 'skinny' pill takes country by storm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 08:37 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
First I ever heard about it, but the claims made in the link alone was pretty much enough for me to say "yeah, scam" and a quick Google search showed that studies don't support the claims. I mean come on, a 318% increase in metabolism. Even DNP (often regarded as the mother of all weight loss pills) only gives about 60% increase at safe dosage.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:45 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,560,913 times
How many times do we have to say this on the Internets. There is NO magic pill, not a one, not ever, nothing you can swallow, shoot up, look at, drink, to help you lose weight. Losing weight requires hard work, eating right, moving more, picking the right foods, burning the calories, determining how many exact calories you need and making a concerted effort to only eat those calories. It is not easy and I doubt they will ever find a way to make it easy in our lifetime.

Half those pictures on that website are probably stolen. I think one of them I saw was from a before/after website I was looking at on Facebook last night. They take pictures of people who did the hard work and slap them on their product and try to claim the product did it. What a crock of bullshlt!!!!!

Old 06-12-2015, 09:11 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
The article was so good that i caved and ordered the product.
I'll get back to report results in a month or so. I'm highly skeptical and will be amazed if any significant weight loss happens as a result of taking this product..
My thinking at this point is Jim you're a sucker this stuff is pure snake oil

Old 06-12-2015, 09:19 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
Just remember that you have 72 hours to cancel your order, by law, and they are required to refund your money 100% during that 72-hour window. Also, notice the domain of the website you linked: it's "dot" co. That's the domain for Columbia.

I just checked the full web address with a simple "what is" google search - it's definitely a scam. The website itself might possibly be a virus gateway, or phishing site. My suggestion to you:

If you paid by credit card, put a cancel on the order and then immediately after that, call the bank and let them know you have cancelled the order and to block any attempt to remove the funds for the transaction. Also - you might consider reporting that card compromised and get a new card with a new account number.

Old 06-12-2015, 10:37 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,560,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
My thinking at this point is Jim you're a sucker this stuff is pure snake oil
That's my thinking too. If you have an urge to send money to people, next time, please send to me, at ..........

Old 06-12-2015, 10:52 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
How many times do we have to say this on the Internets. There is NO magic pill, not a one, not ever, nothing you can swallow, shoot up, look at, drink, to help you lose weight. Losing weight requires hard work, eating right, moving more, picking the right foods, burning the calories, determining how many exact calories you need and making a concerted effort to only eat those calories. It is not easy and I doubt they will ever find a way to make it easy in our lifetime.
I generally agree but there are compounds out there that can be immensely helpful. The always popular EC stack is a great appetite suppressant with thermogenic effects. Clenbuterol is a very strong fat burner, and of course DNP is extremely effective as well.

Quote:
Half those pictures on that website are probably stolen. I think one of them I saw was from a before/after website I was looking at on Facebook last night. They take pictures of people who did the hard work and slap them on their product and try to claim the product did it. What a crock of bullshlt!!!!!
There is actually a strong market for people who take before and after pictures. Knowing that it easier to get back into shape if you've been in shape recently, there are people who get paid good money to let themselves go for awhile and then work back into shape for those pictures.

Old 06-12-2015, 10:55 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I generally agree but there are compounds out there that can be immensely helpful. The always popular EC stack is a great appetite suppressant with thermogenic effects. Clenbuterol is a very strong fat burner, and of course DNP is extremely effective as well.

There is actually a strong market for people who take before and after pictures. Knowing that it easier to get back into shape if you've been in shape recently, there are people who get paid good money to let themselves go for awhile and then work back into shape for those pictures.
I don't know why anyone would pay good money for that, when it's so much cheaper, easier, and quicker to use Photoshop.

Old 06-12-2015, 11:27 AM

1,242 posts, read 1,690,327 times
OMG, I use to design sites for scam pills like this. I always wondered who the hell believed them. There is no magic skinny pill.

Old 06-12-2015, 11:35 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post

I remember seeing a commercial several times, one of those late-night things, and they would show this young woman who was heavy walking on a treadmill with a look of disgust on her face, then showed her smiling and happy and skinny. A closer look revealed to me that it wasn't the same woman--just two women about the same height with the same coloring and similar facial features.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss