Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 02:28 PM

566 posts, read 592,504 times

Advertisements

Mightyqueen, my scale did the same thin about two months ago. I couldn't revive the thing no matter what.

My mistake was not replacing it (yet) ... when it told me I lost 4 pounds I was exhilarated beyond words.
I was working hard to lose that weight an earned that stellar moment. Then I got back on, to double check. Yes. Within that same minute I gained 14 lbs. ��

Then I tried all possible ways to ressurect it, but it had seen the bottom of my feet for the last time.
We parted ways, and I have been dragging my feet to buy a new one.

The poster on the previous page spoke of this one. (Thank you for the enlightenment Sean Kellog)

EATSMART PRECISION PLUS DIGITAL SCALE. $39.65. Amazon
11,353 reviews. Now that's a lot of customers.

My clothes have gotten tighter during this procrastination period. So, it's time.

SO GLAD TO BE MOTIVATED BY THIS THREAD.
accountability

Thanx!

Last edited by countryswan; 06-29-2015 at 02:31 PM.. Reason: price
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 04:35 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryswan View Post
Mightyqueen, my scale did the same thin about two months ago. I couldn't revive the thing no matter what.

My mistake was not replacing it (yet) ... when it told me I lost 4 pounds I was exhilarated beyond words.
I was working hard to lose that weight an earned that stellar moment. Then I got back on, to double check. Yes. Within that same minute I gained 14 lbs. ��

Then I tried all possible ways to ressurect it, but it had seen the bottom of my feet for the last time.
We parted ways, and I have been dragging my feet to buy a new one.

The poster on the previous page spoke of this one. (Thank you for the enlightenment Sean Kellog)

EATSMART PRECISION PLUS DIGITAL SCALE. $39.65. Amazon
11,353 reviews. Now that's a lot of customers.

My clothes have gotten tighter during this procrastination period. So, it's time.

SO GLAD TO BE MOTIVATED BY THIS THREAD.
accountability

Thanx!
Join the crowd. We can all encourage one another.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:18 AM

I will. Ya never know.. this might be just the right camaraderie that is "the charm".

Actually, because of your generosity: Join the crowd. We can all encourage one another.
I thought, "Sure, why not"? I hopped on board and it felt good!

I found myself returning the ingredients for a blueberry pie back to the fridge... and thought about tossing the berries into a salad instead.

Its made a difference already. So thank you for your kindness.��. The first STEP to watching the numbers on the scale go down.

Before the day is over, why not share one thing that will encourage and motivate us too?
Are you game?

Last edited by countryswan; 06-30-2015 at 08:21 AM.. Reason: sp.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:26 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
And that scale is?? (brand, cost, availability?)
I just looked at it, the name is "Taylor Lithium" on the front. My husband bought it, and I think he just got it at Target.

Yup, just checked - $20 at Target.

Taylor Lithium Scale - Black : Target

As with any scale of this type, always keep it on a level and uncarpeted surface, and weigh yourself at the same time each day (I do first thing in the a.m.) This one is the most accurate I have ever had - always just like at my doctor's office.

Old 07-02-2015, 02:53 PM

Default the real and the imaginary

The scale I ordered arrived yesterday. Wow..its waaaay nicer than I thought it would be.

This model: EATSMART PRECISION PLUS DIGITAL SCALE.

A digital screen with nice big blue numbers so I don't have to weigh in with glasses on.

I was afraid to get on the scale because I physically felt I had gained several pounds, (there were donuts involved) so I waited till morning. Nice surprise to see numbers were four pounds less than I thought.
What a relief.

I think time away from the scale definitely made me wander to many forbidden food as though I were invisible.
...but now having the scale there fills that penchant wandering with conscience and accountability.
I love my new scale. Mama is home!

Old 01-03-2016, 02:37 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,829,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover
When it comes to consistency, nothing beats a balance beam scale like you find at a doctor's office.
Yup and ya see those THE MOST all over!!!! (Those are indeed analogue)

Old 01-04-2016, 01:38 PM

4,270 posts, read 6,295,089 times
We have a digital scale sitting on a tile floor - we noticed when we first got it that if the feet of the scale were on the grout lines of the tile floor, it threw off the scale balance and we'd get a wrong measurement. So, we now always keep each foot of the scale firmly on the tiles themselves. We tend to never move the scale either - it's always in the exact same spot, and we've told our housecleaner not to move it to clean (we use our own small duster to clean underneath it every week).

Old 01-05-2016, 02:46 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,470,410 times
It's not really necessary to spend too much to get a decent scale.

After going through at least 3 scales myself I finally did the research and got this.

I am very happy with this one and it is right on every time regardless of how and where you stand on it. I even compared it to the one in the Doctor's office.

Currently $20 and 4.5 stars
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o02_s00

Old 01-08-2016, 09:42 PM

22,654 posts, read 24,581,931 times
I like analog scales......most of them have an adjustment that allows you to
zero-out most of the error in your readings.

You weigh yourself on a scale that you know is very accurate......then compare that to the readings you get on your analog scale and simply adjust for the difference.

Old 01-09-2016, 10:11 AM

753 posts, read 1,104,260 times
I also got one of the $20 scales from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It works fine, and if it breaks it's only $20. (In the overall scheme of things, how much money are you saving every week by not eating so much junk food and snacks while dieting?)

Re accuracy, I have found that my weight varies 3-4 pounds throughout the day, depending on how much I've had to eat/drink, etc. Weighing myself first thing in the morning at home at least gives me a consistent baseline to compare against, but I know that I'm dehydrated at that time and the numbers are going to be higher when I show up at the doctor's office for an afternoon appointment after drinking tea all day. Anyway, it hardly matters to me if the scale is accurate to within a tenth of a pound.... the numbers are all approximate anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss