Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 01:37 AM

2 posts, read 2,089 times

Advertisements

I don't think so. I see some women become more beautiful and charming after they successfully losing weight.It will be better if i can show their pictures here ,but regrettably, it can't. Further more,Compared to the obesity, I think thin people will be much healthy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 07:12 AM

4,571 posts, read 5,447,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Does Being Overweight Make You Look Younger? (weight loss, lose, losing)
No. It just makes you look fatter. I think people just think this because in their minds, they look at so-called bodybuilding women who have diuretic'd themselves to the point of be totally dehydrated to where their faces look like ugly skeletons and think "Boy, she looks really really really really old and bad". Then they compare that to someone who is fat and round face and think it looks like cute babyfat. So they surmise that overweight = younger, fitter = older.

from what I have seen, it doesnt really matter if a person is overweight, fit, athletic or underweight (well, underweight you can usually tell) as its usually other factors that contrubute to them looking younger or older. Its not just bodyweight. Usually its poor quality of nutrition and use of tobacco an alcohol that ages a person.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:51 AM

1,065 posts, read 600,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
The other day, two of my female coworkers were having a conversation in the cubicle next to me. They were discussing weight. Both women would be considered overweight and I think they're both in their 40s. One of the women said she doesn't want to lose weight because she's afraid it'll make her look older. Now, I have to admit she has a very youthful face. She could probably pass for mid 30s. She has no lines on her face and very healthy looking skin. There's none of the sagging you start to see as you get older. Do you think there's any truth to what she said about extra weight making you look younger in the face? I know that when some people lose a lot of weight, their face starts to look really drawn in and that definitely makes them look older. Men are far less concerned about this since they just want to have a strong jawline and defined face. But what with women getting Botox and fillers, it makes sense that someone who already looks young might not want to lose that. Have any of you lost weight and discovered that it made you look older?

Overweight people walk slow, don't look very energetic so that counteracts any youthful look they may have. Your co-workers are engaging in fatlogic.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:03 PM

11 posts, read 8,136 times
It's interesting what we will tell ourselves to justify our choices. Aging is actually a good thing and if are aren't aging then that means we are dead. So, instead we should be embracing our age and owning it with grace. Yes, your skin on your face will change but I don't think the extra weight makes you look younger, it just makes you look heavier and unhealthier. I'm 47 and see the changes. I don't have my 18 year old body anymore but I've lost 30lbs in the last 2 years and feel better than I have in a long time.

Old 05-22-2017, 12:57 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,661,104 times
I should probably have clarified in my original post that I was referring to just the face, not the body. When we're young, our faces tend to be rounder because we have more facial fat. Some people lose that baby fat as they enter adulthood, but others retain it even though they're not overweight. These people will sometimes complain that they have a baby face. But what makes a person look older in the face? Wrinkles, sagging skin, hollow cheeks. Certain things will age your skin no matter how heavy you are. Smoking, excess sun exposure, too much drinking, sugar. Then, of course, there's genetics. Some people just lucked out and appear younger because of good genes. If you're overweight and lose a bunch of weight, you can't control where it comes off. But for a lot of people, it's in the face and neck. I doubt you'll find anyone complain about losing a double chin. But fat is also a filler. It's why more and more people over 40 get fat injected into their face, to give their face a more youthful appearance and to reduce wrinkles. I don't think fat is going to get rid of crows feet or forehead lines. But if you look at celebs who've lost a lot of weight, almost all of them look older, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Some of these women do end up looking more attractive. But for women, in particular, there's a lot of pressure to look young. As a guy who's watched his weight go up and down over the years, I never worried about whether I'd end up looking older. But I can certainly see why it would be an issue for some women, like my coworkers who I think are both single. The world of dating is certainly hard on women if they're not thin and aren't young. Maybe that's the trade off a lot of women feel they have to make. The actress someone quoted earlier seems to agree. It's kind of sad though if some women will stay overweight just to preserve their youthful appearance.

Old 05-22-2017, 01:44 PM

2,509 posts, read 2,507,806 times
There is a balance.

I think when you get so heavy that your eyes start to look smaller, it has an aging effect.

I think when you get so skinny that you start looking gaunt, there is an aging effect

I watched a 40 yo woman at my kids school become probably underweight over the course of the year and she aged rapidly and started putting in fillers.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:11 AM

712 posts, read 557,724 times
I think it is just an excuse

Old 05-28-2017, 12:25 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,436,843 times
I notice how older woman look. I am an older woman myself, so I like to see if it's possible to look good even if you are not young.

From what I have seen, all the older women who look beautiful are thin, sometimes very thin. And they usually have natural hair, not dyed, and not too much makeup. They look graceful and healthy, and wear pretty clothes.

Of course, this is just my perspective on what looks good. But I can probably speak for most people if I say no, flab does not make you look younger!

If you are overweight and lose weight fast, that can make your skin look older. But no, being thin does NOT make women look old, in general!

I see lots of women who are terribly out of shape and unattractive, but their hair is dyed so they think that makes them look young. No, it does not! Especially if the roots are showing.

I think there is nothing wrong with being old and having natural grey or white hair. Old women can't be beautiful in the way that young women (if they are thin and healthy) can be. But old women can have their own kind of beauty.

Gobs of make up and hair dye will not compensate for being flabby and out of shape. I don't understand why so many women seem to think it will.

And young overweight women don't look attractive, even if their skin is perfect.

Old 05-31-2017, 07:54 AM

17,567 posts, read 39,228,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
I notice how older woman look. I am an older woman myself, so I like to see if it's possible to look good even if you are not young.

From what I have seen, all the older women who look beautiful are thin, sometimes very thin. And they usually have natural hair, not dyed, and not too much makeup. They look graceful and healthy, and wear pretty clothes.

Of course, this is just my perspective on what looks good. But I can probably speak for most people if I say no, flab does not make you look younger!

If you are overweight and lose weight fast, that can make your skin look older. But no, being thin does NOT make women look old, in general!

I see lots of women who are terribly out of shape and unattractive, but their hair is dyed so they think that makes them look young. No, it does not! Especially if the roots are showing.

I think there is nothing wrong with being old and having natural grey or white hair. Old women can't be beautiful in the way that young women (if they are thin and healthy) can be. But old women can have their own kind of beauty.

Gobs of make up and hair dye will not compensate for being flabby and out of shape. I don't understand why so many women seem to think it will.

And young overweight women don't look attractive, even if their skin is perfect.
I pretty much agree with your points. I too am an "older" woman (67 years). Ten years ago I was overweight and out of shape and I looked terrible and far older than I do now. Today I am the correct weight for my height and have muscle tone from exercise, dancing and working out. I have grown out my hair dye, wear only light makeup and always dress up a bit. I see a lot of women around town who might have decent figures but look old due to too many"procedures" and way too much makeup. Not to mention hair dye which is obvious.

Being thin only looks aging IF the person is so thin that they look sickly/gaunt and have no muscle tone at all. Being fat does not make anyone look younger. Now all this said there is a wide range of weights people can be and look good. Some people look better plus or minus a few depending on their frame.

Lastly, I agree with the above that older women can have their own kind of beauty, I see it all the time.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:26 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,959,929 times
all one has to do is look around them if they see many older women, men as well. I am sure, being thin or losing weight when you are under 50 doesn't make you look older. It might make you look and feel better, but as we age, heavier people do look younger. I can say this with certainty. I am older, I am around people who are in their 70s to 90s all the time and the heavier ones, especially women look much younger if they have a few extra lbs this doesn't make one healthier but they do look better. I am 80, even a doctor recently was shocked at my age and when I was in the hospital about 2 years ago several nurses wanted to know if it was true I was the age I claimed. Yes, I am overweight. Luckily I am still in good health regardless, so I will continue to enjoy the extra lbs and the comments about my age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss