Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 09:35 AM

282 posts, read 232,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
500 calories a day? Diet? More like a death march.
Short-term fasts aren't a death march if you're otherwise healthy. They're not a very good method to lose weight in the long term. The human body can go many days before the organs start to suffer, on 500 calories/day with adequate hydration. I wouldn't ever do that intentionally but some will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2017, 10:39 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,281,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmLizzie View Post
Short-term fasts aren't a death march if you're otherwise healthy. They're not a very good method to lose weight in the long term. The human body can go many days before the organs start to suffer, on 500 calories/day with adequate hydration. I wouldn't ever do that intentionally but some will.
People don't seem to have enough patience to strategically lose weight over time. You mess up your system more with drastic weight loss techniques, such as 500 calories a day. That's my opinion.

Old 10-01-2017, 10:52 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,486,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
People don't seem to have enough patience to strategically lose weight over time. You mess up your system more with drastic weight loss techniques, such as 500 calories a day. That's my opinion.
Mine too. That said, 5 days won't kill the OP. If that's what they needed to get started, then it was worth it probably.

Old 10-01-2017, 11:29 AM

1,195 posts, read 985,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You will love the 1000 cal...and you'll do great still losing...your
stomach will have shrunk a little, too....you know, not really shrink, but it does stretch.
You said vitamins...hope you mean minerals, too. No ans needed, just sayin'.
1000 is starting today. But I wont update this topic since 1000 is common. Yeah I mean minerals just as well. I take 3 different tablets to cover all them while doing lower cal dieting. Then goal is to eat foods that cover it.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:06 AM

I had between 2,000-2,500 calories yesterday (margherita pizza) with olive oil on the side, cocoa crispies and 2 cups of juice. This morning I weight 169.6. It's as if I'm still on the 500 calorie diet. But I am doing 1,000 starting today until the 10th.

I wish people knew more what they were talking about who said I will gain it back quickly. Maybe someone who goes back to eating like a pig will gain quickly.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:18 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,814,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
I had between 2,000-2,500 calories yesterday (margherita pizza) with olive oil on the side, cocoa crispies and 2 cups of juice. This morning I weight 169.6. It's as if I'm still on the 500 calorie diet. But I am doing 1,000 starting today until the 10th.

I wish people knew more what they were talking about who said I will gain it back quickly. Maybe someone who goes back to eating like a pig will gain quickly.
Juice is just about the worst thing you can drink besides soda. I don't know what kind of juice your drank but OJ and apple juice have around 110 calories per cup. Its just sugar water for the most part.
Why would you have olive oil on the side? Especially with pizza?
It seems you could be making much better food choices. Choices that will keep you feeling fuller longer that have fiber and nutrients. Cocoa Krispies is garbage.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Juice is just about the worst thing you can drink besides soda. I don't know what kind of juice your drank but OJ and apple juice have around 110 calories per cup. Its just sugar water for the most part.
Why would you have olive oil on the side? Especially with pizza?
It seems you could be making much better food choices. Choices that will keep you feeling fuller longer that have fiber and nutrients. Cocoa Krispies is garbage.
I stick to pure juice with no sugar added, like cranbury or grape, still has 110 calories.
Olive oil is good with the crust. The pizza was a bit dry, nothing like a deep dish from pizza hut.
Cocoa krispies has vitamins/minerals and milk makes it better. I felt like buying cookies but had the cereal instead. I usually pick up what I missed the next day, like fiber. The day I had 3 cups of kale didn't make me fill full at all, that move was purely for health.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:50 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
A neat trick: a 3-6 carb 'tortilla'...sauce, cheese, mushrooms, drop of something else...
Makes a satisfying pizza....oregano, Parmesan....be creative.

I talked to someone that saw an MD...he told her do the 500 cal type
diet for 4 consecutive days...eat pretty normally the other 3...does something with the metabolism...so she could lose 40 lbs.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:54 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,486,905 times
Quote:
I stick to pure juice with no sugar added, like cranbury or grape, still has 110 calories.
Olive oil is good with the crust. The pizza was a bit dry, nothing like a deep dish from pizza hut.
Cocoa krispies has vitamins/minerals and milk makes it better. I felt like buying cookies but had the cereal instead. I usually pick up what I missed the next day, like fiber. The day I had 3 cups of kale didn't make me fill full at all, that move was purely for health.
Next time, just buy the cookies. Seriously. It's the same thing.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:59 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
You try to pack as much nutrients into 500 calories per day. I think it's even less than a military diet. What foods would you include in only 500 calories per day? This diet would only be for 5 days.
even 5 days, not enough calories to keep one active. Even a 1000 calorie isn't much, but workable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss