Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 06:01 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,795,138 times

Advertisements

I don't think it is an issue with "weight".. its self confidence in itself.

I used to be around 130, now.. definately not.. more about 180. (I am 5'7)
I had no curve to me at all when I was 130. Now I have curves..and I am not going to lie.. I got weight on me. But I am happy with the way I look for the most part. I go to the gym, I eat healthy (for the most part.. pms does take its toll!) But, even looking at skinny SUPER skinny girls, doesn't make me jealous.. everyone has self confidence problems about at least one thing on them. It's normal. I don't go to the gym to drop weight and be supermodel thin.. I do it to feel better. And it works
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2007, 06:05 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,756,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
... I lost a whole bunch of weight and was in danger of falling through my butt and inadvertently hanging myself.
Oh great MoMark! Now I have to clean off the coffee I just spewed all over my moniter!

Old 01-09-2007, 07:00 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,290,070 times
I always get I'm small,I wear 3-5 depending on the jeans, I eat whatever my heart desires and my weight fluctuates a pound or two,if it says diet on the label I won't touch it...yuck

Old 01-09-2007, 08:22 AM

5,019 posts, read 14,110,691 times
Quote:
Really women want to look pretty and fit for their men, it is as simple as that.

Uhhhhhmmm, not all of us (what century is this again? ).

I've been a competitive athlete for a few decades now, and my fitness has always been about me me me. Oh and my performance. Never about how I looked.

When I did obsess about my weight, it was usually because I was trying to drop my minute/mile time. Sad but true for marathon runners: the lighter you are the faster you go.

Now I have more of a cyclists' body--a bit heavier and a bit more muscular. Finding jeans that fit is a bear! I need "relaxed fit" to come back in style again.

Old 01-09-2007, 09:38 AM

986 posts, read 2,807,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I like women with curves too. Too thin isn't usually attractive. There are exceptions of course, but in general, I like a woman with curvy curves and some cush!
And you Mrshvo...I don't care what you weigh or even if it's a concern for you...you're H.O.T!
I am a fitness instructor and I try to tell woman all the time that men do not like woman that are real thin. They do not believe me. MoMark thanks for you input!!

Old 01-09-2007, 10:08 AM

8,937 posts, read 20,360,557 times
I don't know about some of the replies that say, "men don't want skinny looking gals". From what I seen (and was told by guys) when I lived in Southern Calif., that statement isn't even close to being true! And, I have seen many moms that seem to be in "competition" with how their teen daughters look.
And, while talking about Southern Calif, even the young (and some older) women out there want their men to look 100% fit with zero body fat. That is why some ladies that are married to construction workers, think their man is a HUNK and say, "he's HOT".
As far as going to Fitness Centers or Gyms, some of "older" people (55+) can't do that because of bone/muscle issues. Like myself, I have a hip replacement and my doctor says "absolutely not" when it comes to high or even medium work-outs.
Shoot, my wife and I can barely handling shoveling snow or using the snowblower.....our muscles end up hurting so much and here comes the Motrin!
Putting on weight (and having an extremely hard time taking it off), getting aches/pains a lot of times and seeing your life "slow down" is all part of getting older (55+) for a lot of people.

Old 01-09-2007, 10:15 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
I don't know about some of the replies that say, "men don't want skinny looking gals". From what I seen (and was told by guys) when I lived in Southern Calif., that statement isn't even close to being true! And, I have seen many moms that seem to be in "competition" with how their teen daughters look.
And, while talking about Southern Calif, even the young (and some older) women out there want their men to look 100% fit with zero body fat. That is why some ladies that are married to construction workers, think their man is a HUNK and say, "he's HOT".
Yes... as I said, that is often true in California (and other places). But luckily everyone doesn't have the same preferences, or I'd never get a date! Even at my heaviest, I've never had any real trouble getting a man... I do get more attention at a smaller size, but that's not the reason why I've lost weight. Oh, and while I will comment on men being "hunky", that isn't my main criteria for dating - I've dated guys of all shapes, sizes, ethnicities, and so on!

Old 01-10-2007, 06:54 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,620,387 times
Well, I stand at 5'8", and I have no idea how much I weigh at the moment, (I don't even know where my scales are!). I weigh more than I should, but I don't worry about it much. I eat what I want, (I try to follow my granny's advice, "Eat a little bit of everything, and not too much of anything), and I haven't had to buy larger sized jeans in a very long time. Any problems with my weight have more to do with not enough exercise, which I have now fixed, as I now own a miniature horse, (bought him on Dec. 30), and he's a young guy, about nine months old, and he is certainly giving me a run for my money. I'm not much of one for gymns and exercise classes, so this is right up my alley. Lots of sunshine, fresh air, exercise, and a little guy to train and play with. Can't ask more than that! My best friend thinks I've already lost some weight. If I haven't, I should have! He's the best exercise program I've ever seen! Which is also why I haven't been posting on here lately. He's been keeping me busy, as I adjust to everything. So, for any ladies who fuss about their weight, unless you are dangerously obese, don't obsess! Get off the scales, find something you like to do, and get on with life!

Old 01-10-2007, 07:16 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
Any problems with my weight have more to do with not enough exercise, which I have now fixed, as I now own a miniature horse, (bought him on Dec. 30), and he's a young guy, about nine months old, and he is certainly giving me a run for my money. I'm not much of one for gymns and exercise classes, so this is right up my alley. Lots of sunshine, fresh air, exercise, and a little guy to train and play with. Can't ask more than that! My best friend thinks I've already lost some weight. If I haven't, I should have! He's the best exercise program I've ever seen! Which is also why I haven't been posting on here lately. He's been keeping me busy, as I adjust to everything. So, for any ladies who fuss about their weight, unless you are dangerously obese, don't obsess! Get off the scales, find something you like to do, and get on with life!
I completely relate, since my dog has played a big part in my weight loss (60 lbs. altogether - about 40 since I got him). I've always hated "walking", since I just couldn't understand the point, LOL... but now that I have a buddy, who really LOVES these walks, it's great motivation to go! My mom gave me a pedometer (talking one, nonetheless) for my birthday, and we covered about 10 miles last week. I can't do anything high-impact because of my knees, so this has been a real help... you'd be surprised how much a daily walk can accomplish! We also play around a lot, and just throwing the ball for him can get that heart pumping.

Oh, but I do weigh myself every day, because it's necessary. I put on weight very easily, and it's important to keep tabs or it sneaks up on me. This has been helpful, as I can "nip it in the bud" when I see an extra pound or two... it also allows me to review my habits for that day, to figure out what's causing any gain. For instance, if I skipped our walk & ate some cookies, I know that's not something to repeat the next day! I'm not saying we should all be this paranoid, but someone like me has to keep a close eye on these things (for my health)... which really sucks, to be honest.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:10 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,983,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
I am a fitness instructor and I try to tell woman all the time that men do not like woman that are real thin. They do not believe me. MoMark thanks for you input!!
You're welcome! I know it's a tad graphic...but I had a girlfriend a few years ago who...although she was crazy... had the sexiest body I've ever seen. She was probably around 160lbs -maybe more, 5'8" , very curvy, brunette, dark eyes, full breasts, almost rubenesque body and when she'd be nude I would catch my breath. She was magnificent to look at and to hold. She thought she was fat. I thought she was perfect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss