Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 04:07 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times

Advertisements

So cute! I cannot resist any thread that contains the words "Jai" and "ears" together!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 04:47 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,472,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
She is still as "goofy" as they come. She just turned 10 months. She is still a puppy in so many ways, but yet very well behaved and extremely smart....but will try your patience if given the chance!
OOps, I meant to type "it's cool to watch her GROW up" - present tense. We need many more pics of her lvuable self as she grows up!

EDIT; You know, since you started sharing the story of the rescued 'shepherd' () that your daughter took in, it's been really nice to see how the whole story has played out. Your daughter must've gotten her mom's 'critter genes'

Old 11-02-2010, 04:48 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,122,320 times
Quote:
Just got off the phone with Chris...It is a hiking harness that Jai is fashionably modeling that she got at Ruffwear.com
Just checked out their site. Some very nice gear indeed!
It's very tempting not to spend something on there; I will bookmark the website for next month. I just bought him some new toys this month.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:03 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,420,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
OOps, I meant to type "it's cool to watch her GROW up" - present tense. We need many more pics of her lvuable self as she grows up!

EDIT; You know, since you started sharing the story of the rescued 'shepherd' () that your daughter took in, it's been really nice to see how the whole story has played out. Your daughter must've gotten her mom's 'critter genes'
Thank you WF! What a nice thing to say! I guess the whole saying "everything happens for a reason" is very true. Had Chris not have been forced to turn Kota in...Jai would have never come into her life. She still aches over Kota....knows she did the absolute right thing, but still blames herself for failing her in someway. Jai has been helped her tremendously...and vice-a versa. Lord only knows where Jai would have been right now, had Chris not taken her. But they are good match for one another.
LOL...Chris has taken my love of animals and gone so much further! She has had the opportunity to work with lions, and tigers and bears! ( Oh my!) Her Dad has proclaimed more than once..."We did not raise you to be tiger bait"!

Old 11-02-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
Just checked out their site. Some very nice gear indeed!
It's very tempting not to spend something on there; I will bookmark the website for next month. I just bought him some new toys this month.

They do have some nice things! I love their hiking leash! Dylan has one...super light to carry!
Chris hikes Jai a lot! The harness has a nifty handle on the back...great for everything from helping her get over some rough terrain, to helping her climb into the SUV. Jai is anything but graceful!

Old 11-02-2010, 05:28 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,472,373 times
Quote:
Thank you WF! What a nice thing to say! I guess the whole saying "everything happens for a reason" is very true. Had Chris not have been forced to turn Kota in...Jai would have never come into her life. She still aches over Kota....knows she did the absolute right thing, but still blames herself for failing her in someway. Jai has been helped her tremendously...and vice-a versa. Lord only knows where Jai would have been right now, had Chris not taken her. But they are good match for one another.
LOL...Chris has taken my love of animals and gone so much further! She has had the opportunity to work with lions, and tigers and bears! ( Oh my!) Her Dad has proclaimed more than once..."We did not raise you to be tiger bait"!
Oh no aching over beautiful Kota. She was a wild spirit and needed to be with her own kind, no matter how much it hurt your daughter. You're right - it's Jai to the rescue. Can we just say they all three were bound by karma to save each other?

WTH, Chris has worked with lions and tigers and bears? How wonderful! I had no idea...hmmm, maybe another thread for pics or such?

Old 11-02-2010, 08:53 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,588,711 times
What a beauty Jai is growing up to be and those ears! What can I say except I love them!

I know how hard giving up Kota was for Chris but she did not fail her. To fail her would have been to have kept her and watch her suffer from not eating. No she did not fail her at all Kota is where she belongs. She gave Chris the gift of Jai as the two of them would have never found each other had it not been for Kota.And yes things do happen for a reason even though it may sometimes take a long while to understand the reason.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
What a beauty Jai is growing up to be and those ears! What can I say except I love them!

I know how hard giving up Kota was for Chris but she did not fail her. To fail her would have been to have kept her and watch her suffer from not eating. No she did not fail her at all Kota is where she belongs. She gave Chris the gift of Jai as the two of them would have never found each other had it not been for Kota.And yes things do happen for a reason even though it may sometimes take a long while to understand the reason.
Thank you DashDog....Once again...wise, wise words. I always send all these posts onto Chris...Hopefully, and I think it does, it helps her to realize she made absolutely the right decision. But of course, that doesn't lessen the ache.
When I was in Fl. a few months ago, I wanted to go up to the Sanctuary to see Kota. Chris said she still wasn't ready and could not/would not go. Maybe next time.
On a happy note: Chris did get word Kota has been accepted fully by the pack up there and is eating and running with them. She is still leery of the workers or anybody that visits....but just keeps her distance, as opposed to running off. 2 of the attendants have gained her trust and she allows them to pet her...but just in short spurts. I think it would be extremely interesting to see her reaction to Chris. But that is exactly what Chris is afraid of....and it may not be in the better interest for either one of them.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Oh no aching over beautiful Kota. She was a wild spirit and needed to be with her own kind, no matter how much it hurt your daughter. You're right - it's Jai to the rescue. Can we just say they all three were bound by karma to save each other?

WTH, Chris has worked with lions and tigers and bears? How wonderful! I had no idea...hmmm, maybe another thread for pics or such?
OK...Off topic from Miss Jai!

A few yrs back, while in college and actually after she graduated, Chris worked for PAWS out in Northern Ca.. (Performing Animal Welfare Society). This org. started by Pat Derby (she wrote a great book, and was actually the trainer for all the Big Cats used in the Mercury Cougar commercials way back when) takes in retired, abused, performing animals, and animals confiscated by WildLife, Fish & Game. The stories Chris had were heartbreaking! So many stupid, stupid, people out there who think they can have a bear, tiger, lion, etc. as a pet!!!!!!!!!!! Chris's main task at the time was Manfried...the bear from Legends of the Fall. Poor Manfried had been left in a steel locker type thing in Mexico to die after he had grown too old. PAWS took him in and he lived out the remainder of his life in style! He has since passed. Then there was Amanda...a huge gorgeous lioness, that had first been de-clawed and then had her teeth pulled out...all by the idiot who thought he could tame her. Her paws were horribly mutilated and never quite healed.....Then there was the bear cub whose former owner bought it for his daughter ....what little girl doesn't want her very own Teddy Bear????? Except this one, was tied to a tree...and grew...and when they couldn't even approach it anymore...finally called the WLF&G were called in. PAWS got him with the collar so in-bedded into his neck, that it had to be surgically removed. The stories go on and on.
LOL..Chris maybe the only girl I know who transported tiger cubs in the back of her FireBird!
The job was great one for her....but PAWS (Pat D) was a tad cult like ( and crazy) too. Chris got docked pay one time for killing a nest of wasps! She was also told (and did) to transport the wild rats that infested the bear boxes to a nearby field, rather than destroy them. In all. she loved her job, as sad as some of the stories were...most all had a happy ending. BUT...and there is always a but....The pay was not all that wonderful and a girl has to survive! So....she moved on. She would loved to have continued to working with the Exotics...but the opportunity has never risen again. At least, not one that would pay her bills!
Pics....Pat would never allow it! It was reason for immediate dismissal. And that was before cameras in cell phones!
One interesting side note: Chris occasionally worked the night shift...someone has to be on 24 hrs a day. We were going on a trip and Chris said she would take Dylan so I didn't have to board him. She was scheduled to work the night shift and decided to bring Dylan along with her. She said from the minute he got out of her car he was sniffing the air and extremely nervous. She was walking him into the office when a lion within the Sanctuary decided to let a a huge roar....She said Dylan jumped sky high and bolted for her car! This was a cat he knew would not cuddle with him like those at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!She said he was not thrilled with the bears or other exotics either! He knew his limits! Although, he was very interested in the elephants. Go figure!

Old 11-03-2010, 01:11 PM

1,272 posts, read 2,373,263 times
LOL on Dylan, great visual of him jumping sky high!

Thanks for the pics of Jai's ears. Love them!!! They have a life of their own and
I do believe they speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs