Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 07:59 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,862,283 times

Advertisements

im thinking so too s2c

katie, i think this one offers the additional services because its the only training center in about 150miles that offers ANY kind of group training classes lol...so i think they wanted to cover all the bases.

theres a few "private training facilities" in the area...you knwo the ones, those where you take your dog, drop it off for a month and get back a "perfectly trained dog" but do NOTHING yourself...
they also tend towards being dedicated to hunting hounds.
but this petsmarts closest competition is 100 miles in one direction and 150 miles one way in the other so i think they just got as many classes on their list as possible to try and draw in the biggest crowd possible.

I'm in a small town of 305 people,
but this petsmart which is about 40 miles away from me is in a city that had a population of 65,211 at the 2010 census, and is almost the midway point between nashville and memphis and is a hub for most of the surrounding area as west tn is made up of alot of small towns with few "services" so Jackson tends to be the hub for every town in about a 50 mile radius, so while its not a huge city in itself, it has alot of services that similar sized cities might not have purely due to nesecity lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 09:15 PM

1,253 posts, read 3,634,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
requst recived and accepted... new dozey thread comming up :P
Can hardly wait... And thanks

Old 06-14-2012, 12:27 AM

13,927 posts, read 39,302,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvABull.Denver View Post
Can hardly wait... And thanks
Foxy added 2 current pic to her old thread when she got him at 4 weeks!

Old 06-14-2012, 08:29 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
We are lucky to live on a street with many dogs and good owners so we just took our pups on walks around the blocks and had them play with the dogs. Seem to work pretty good. And it was free

Old 06-14-2012, 11:07 AM

a small part of me kinda wishes i had a "walkable" neighborhood in the suburbs with neighbors with friendly dogs and kids with manners...
then i look out my back window to my ducks and geese nibbling bits of grass, my goats running around the back feild (and screaming MAAAAA all day lol) and about 4 acres of trees, the simple quiet, the birds sining and bees buzzing...
and my inner voice just relaxes and shutsup and lets me enjoy the peace...
im not built for suburban life...

personally i dont think agoraphobia in itself is a real "illness" (obviously it is a very real illness it is a very deblitating disability that effects EVERY aspect of my waking life) its simply the brains way of saying "dude your sooo built for rural life" lol...least thats my excuse and im sticking with it LOL.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:46 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,576,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
a small part of me kinda wishes i had a "walkable" neighborhood in the suburbs with neighbors with friendly dogs and kids with manners...
then i look out my back window to my ducks and geese nibbling bits of grass, my goats running around the back feild (and screaming MAAAAA all day lol) and about 4 acres of trees, the simple quiet, the birds sining and bees buzzing...
and my inner voice just relaxes and shutsup and lets me enjoy the peace...
im not built for suburban life...

personally i dont think agoraphobia in itself is a real "illness" (obviously it is a very real illness it is a very deblitating disability that effects EVERY aspect of my waking life) its simply the brains way of saying "dude your sooo built for rural life" lol...least thats my excuse and im sticking with it LOL.
Your life is my dream. I often tell my husband to sell his business and move to somewhere that we can have a semi-real farm. Maybe one day we will...

I am just so tired of his business...

Best wishes to you.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:16 PM

i must say i LOVE it, i say its in my genese as my dad grew up rural and i spent alot of time on my grandparents little homestead suburban life just never fit and the city, forget it i hyperventilate just thinking about it (i used to live in CT and my frineds always talked about going to nyc and how awesome it was an tried to make plans for "us" to go and the thought of it made me ill...sooo clustraphobic lol

its certianly not the life for everyone...most people would be bored to tears, theres no bars or clubs ect and this towns idea of go to is the community center for the country dance every friday (which is ALWAYS bustling and the band is great, ive been a few times mostly to sit back and listen and people watch...)
but its such a different pace and worth the extra effort....
and in my case the quietlife is exactly what i need.

ive had a few tell me given my "issues" its the opposite of what i needed, like many therapists "exposure therapy" was suggested and i had one therapist try to tel me i NEEDED to force myself to live in a city because id then "get over" my issues...
but given we dont know WHY i have my issues (Nothing ever bad has happend, no traumatic events, no REASON to be so adversly effected by "the outside world") i can only assume its chemical, in which case no amount of forced exposier is going to "cure" it...those chemicals will be haywire no matter where i live, least out here its not somehting i have to worry about on a daily basis, i only have to fight those chemicals every couple of weeks for groceries and knowing that i my opionion has helped the other issues, i dont find myself as stressed as i know i dont HAVE to interact with strangers on a daily basis...and i know that for the most part i can wait for groceries for a "good day"...
having doer come along deinfalty helps the social aspect too...but the quiet life for me is realy healing in itself.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:01 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,576,309 times
Quiet life is what I really want. Since immigrating to this country. we have been studying to get degrees and pass the tests. Then I have been working full time since. Not one break. My husband started his business several years ago. We are doing well. But the business has become such a monster that consumes us so much. I start to wonder.... What I really want is a peaceful place to take 2-3 yr off to really think thorough what I want to do.

Foxy, i am glad that you have found a piece of your heaven.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:42 PM

i hope you can find yours too lingling!
sometimes you just need to take some time away from the hussle and bussle, if for no other reason than refocusing and figuring out exactly what it is you need and want in life...sometimes when you go go go you loose sight of why...a year in a quiet area can show you you dont need to go go go...or can reconnect with those goals that make it nessicary to go go go...

Old 02-27-2014, 02:50 AM

1 posts, read 773 times
I have a rednose pitbull and its always fighting with one of my smaller dogs i have 3 but it only gets along with the other two. What kind if training or discipline should i do that will benefit him or stop his agression toward toward my other dog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs