Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2013, 06:49 PM

548 posts, read 1,038,472 times

Advertisements

I took Willie in to get groomed today. It is too cold to do outside and I just can't deal with the mess in the bathroom. Anyway he smells so good now. He also did really well around the other dogs. He is a VERY shy dog when it comes to new things. We are working on getting him better socialized. Since we live in the middle of nowhere and no one comes to visit he doesn't get to see other people often. He LOVED hanging his head out the window while we were in town. People kept smiling and pointing at him.

After he was all clean I took him to the train yard where dh was working and he got so nervous he peed all over the car. Silly silly dog. It is a good thing I love him. I took him for a really long walk after I cleaned out the car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 07:38 AM

30,527 posts, read 16,222,191 times
that is so sweet-esp understanding the peeing thing.

Are you keeping of fostering?

Give Willie a hug for me (if he allows it)

Old 01-27-2013, 03:24 PM

538 posts, read 1,012,569 times
I remember seeing Willie in another thread, isn't he a breed of hound? Does he by any chance have a foul odor coming from him anytime?

Reason I ask, is a friend found a type of hound dog(Used for hunting we assumed. There are always stray hunting dogs around here.) with a collar and nothing else. So my friend has basically made him his since he couldn't locate the owner. We think he was mistreated because he was real skittish. Probably lived in a cage all his life. Well let me finally get to my point, he stinks. He tried washing the dogs multiple times and it just won't go away. You can love on him and you almost have to take a bath afterwards.

I found one thread regarding this and it seems that some type of hounds just smell. Not really anything you can do about it.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:23 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
The only smell I have noticed from hounds is do to the owners not keening clean straw.

We clean the straw and put new down every third day.

We do use a sawdust base.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:40 PM

13,927 posts, read 39,297,259 times
Could also be what your friend is feeding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs