Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 05:08 PM

149 posts, read 256,872 times

Advertisements

Midnight, Bella, Jasper,Laci,Jacob,Edward, and Cullen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 05:20 PM

6,472 posts, read 6,679,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollydo View Post
Both are rescue dogs. One is Rhett Butler, born in Georgia and sooo handsome. The other is Flash, he runs and runs, then he runs some more.
I think you absolutely MUST get a Scarlett!

I forgot to mention that many years ago my parents took in a yorkie whose elderly owner had passed. The dog came with the name Calvin. When my brother got a cat, shortly after that, he named it Hobbes.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:12 AM

2,289 posts, read 5,774,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I think you absolutely MUST get a Scarlett!

I forgot to mention that many years ago my parents took in a yorkie whose elderly owner had passed. The dog came with the name Calvin. When my brother got a cat, shortly after that, he named it Hobbes.
So true. Over the last several years I lost Smokey & The Bandit, they both died at age 18.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:22 AM

31 posts, read 89,295 times
1st Rescue - Cur Mix is are crazy Cozmo just like Cozmo Kramer from Seinfield.

2nd and 3rd Rescue - Brother and Sister Catahoula's, they were named Sparky and Spanky from the rescue but it just didn't fit them.

She was a very dark brindle and her face reminded me of the Hyena - so "Eenaa" was named, "Eenaa Bean" for fun and most of the time "Beans".

Her brother was mostly white but had ticking, so my husband said it looks like he has leopard spots, so it became "Leeperr" or "Leeps" for short since he definitely can leap.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:35 PM

16 posts, read 21,795 times
Wow, lots of names and story!

Old 06-05-2013, 08:08 PM

747 posts, read 1,682,759 times
I have a Golden Retriever and her name is Sunshine but we call her Sunny for short. I love summertime, beachy things and I had either Sunshine or Paradise (Dicey for short) picked out and went with sunshine, it fit her well...she is a friendly happy and golden dog, just like sunshine.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:50 AM

811 posts, read 1,557,177 times
I have a English Bulldog/possible English Staffie mix named Chumly already named from a rescue in the UK. He looks more bulldog. Also a wire-haired Dachshund called Barney aka Barney Longbody, or Gimpy or Charlie Chaplin (he has slightly deformed front legs). Also a rescue.
FYI... Chumly is the proper pronunciation of the English name Cholmondeley! No joke!

Old 06-08-2013, 09:01 AM

553 posts, read 1,272,460 times
Jake, a German Shepherd. His shelter name was Fritz, which really didn't fit him. We named him after Joliet Jake Blues in the Blues Brothers.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:20 AM

460 posts, read 1,018,000 times
Both of ours are rescues, two years apart.

Bowser: the husky mix, as a kid growing up I loved the Mario brothers games with my brothers, and I Yoshi was my favorite character. I always said I'd name my first dog Yoshi...then Bowser came about and Yoshi didn't seem to fit....sounded more like a small dog name for some reason. So I opted for Bowser instead :-)

Karma: we think she is some kind of pit mix... she was abandoned at 2 weeks old, when I found her. She didn't have a name for a while and I couldn't think of what to name her. With the help of a friend I eventually came up with Karma, hopefully good karma to us, and bad to those who abandoned her and left her to die.

They are both great dogs.

The family dog growing up, yellow lab, was named Boomer. My Mom picked this out bc 1. "He was born on the forth of July and fireworks go boom" lol. And 2. He's a lab, and "he goes and comes back like a boomerang." She's funny...but it has stuck...we even call his middle name "rang" ;-)

Old 06-09-2013, 12:07 AM

501 posts, read 801,428 times
Disco (American Pitbull Terrier)
I just thought it was a cute name for a dog. His original name was Duke, that name didn't seem to fit him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs