Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 01:16 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,474,911 times

Advertisements

Daisy waits patiently at the door, makes sure it is me and then immediately heads to the bathroom where she assumes (and rightly so) that will be my first stop. Once I am seated, she throws me a party with plenty of kisses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 03:32 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,936,117 times
My dog runs to the bedroom and wags his tale like crazy while he waits for me to put him up on the bed (dachshund - needs an invitation) so I can snuggle him. If I don't follow the routine (like I get distracted in the kitchen before going to change my clothes) he runs back and forth to the bedroom reminding me that we haven't had, what my daughter calls, "our moment".

Old 07-05-2013, 07:53 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
My two run to the back door to wait for me to open it, then start turning in circles and barking. My Boston Terrier is the smallest and she snaps at my Border Collie out of jealousy, she's basically saying "you get back, I get hugs first!"

Old 07-06-2013, 07:06 AM

9,879 posts, read 14,131,555 times
All three of my Clumber Spaniels make sure to greet me (or anyone) with a stuffed toy in their mouths. It's funny to see them through the windows desperately trying to find one to bring me when I open the door.

Old 07-06-2013, 07:16 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,690,784 times
My Boston terrier does the canine equivalent of offering me a beer. He runs to the toy basket and gets a toy and runs up to me in a happy dance ritual.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:27 AM

872 posts, read 1,263,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
My Boston terrier does the canine equivalent of offering me a beer. He runs to the toy basket and gets a toy and runs up to me in a happy dance ritual.
Haha, ours are very similar!

Mine goes absolutely insane, running from me to his toys and back a million times. He brings about 10-15 toys to me in a span of maybe two minutes, all the while leaping in the air like a Swan Lake performer, barking, and jiggling his butt and tail so much I'm surprised they don't fall off.

It's physically impossible to be angry, mad, or anything but happy when witnessing this.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:33 PM

1,830 posts, read 6,155,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
My Leo developed a funny ritual when I get home and let him out of his cage.. He stretches and lets out a long howl. I think it's cute. How does your dog greet you?

Your Leo looks so much like my Hobbs! What mix is he?
Hobbs, who's indoors when we're gone, runs to the door, trampling the 2 cats, runs out the door, does the butt tucks and races around the car a few times.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:53 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
Our dog doesn't greet me. She greets my wife! If she's not with me I'll get one little bark before she lays down. If my wife is with me, Annie goes crazy! lol

Old 07-07-2013, 03:22 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townandcountrygal View Post
Your Leo looks so much like my Hobbs! What mix is he?
Hobbs, who's indoors when we're gone, runs to the door, trampling the 2 cats, runs out the door, does the butt tucks and races around the car a few times.
Love all the replies so far!

Leo is a Lab / Hound mix, or so the adoption papers say. I think they sometimes just take a guess at the breed but whatever Leo is, I'm happy with him .

I wish Leo brought me toys when I came home, that would be cute. He doesn't play with toys, just gnaws on bones. Playing "fetch" with him gets no results, he watches the object go flying and he has no desire at all to go get it.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:59 PM

872 posts, read 1,263,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
Love all the replies so far!

Leo is a Lab / Hound mix, or so the adoption papers say. I think they sometimes just take a guess at the breed but whatever Leo is, I'm happy with him .

I wish Leo brought me toys when I came home, that would be cute. He doesn't play with toys, just gnaws on bones. Playing "fetch" with him gets no results, he watches the object go flying and he has no desire at all to go get it.
Don't feel bad - fetch with mine just turns into one throw followed by an impossible tug-of-war match. So much for teaching him "Drop it" when he was a young'n. That doesn't stop him from circling me like a shark at feeding time and bumping into me with whatever I threw, just so we can play a little tug.

I had to watch the howl again.. so freaking cute Even mine lifted his sleepy head off the couch when he heard it.

I love the breed-labeling from shelters. Mine is also a rescue, found as a pup with his siblings and mom tucked in a trash bin (nice folks, eh?). Seems like all medium/large dogs are a lab or shepherd mix. That's a nice catch-all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs