Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 08:12 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,576,309 times

Advertisements

Bright, I can't imagine your life these days. So sad that Brandy doesn't trust any human. Perhaps, to her, freedom is more important than anything. Best wishes!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 07:41 AM

18,728 posts, read 33,396,751 times
Friday was the first day with no sightings. I am now hoping that someone calls the police of my town or the one she is very close to with a concern about a sick dog in their yard. The animal officers of both towns have flyers and I know the one guy- he owns a kennel I've used. I think she might have died in the woods. It's been two weeks, but I was amazed to get sightings up until Friday. Thursday's sighting was more and more rural, fewer houses for her to see, and the guy said she didn't look sick or anything.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:26 AM

3,339 posts, read 9,355,142 times
:::sigh::: We were all hoping for better news...

Old 09-07-2013, 09:37 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Was so hoping to open this thread to find you had found your dog.

This is the hardest way to lose a pet, the never knowing is haunting. Image losing a child and never knowing what happened, never able to finalize the loss.

I sure hope your dog is well and hopefully someone is helping her.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:48 PM

Last sighting was Thursday afternoon. She's been gone for 15 days and heading more and more to woods/orchard areas. I am thinking likely she laid down and didn't get up or was hit by a car and had the same effect. Still a faint hope that she will get into someone's yard or view and be unable to run away. If someone wasa helping her, they'd see that she was in near-death condition and would have called ACO or police or taken her to the emergency vet that happens to be very close to her last sighting.
I keep looking on the back road to and from work but I do think her only hope is to be too weak to run away and to be sighted. I do realize that, if there are no more sightings, I'll assume she died in the woods (or a coyote got her) and focus on how much so many people cared and were kind and helpful to get her back.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:06 AM

3,339 posts, read 9,355,142 times
Oh God, this is awful...not knowing is so hard. I lost a dog many many years ago and never knew what happened to her, and it bothers me still.

Old 09-09-2013, 02:20 PM

After no calls for four days and I was working on giving up, I got a call today (Mon.) that a woman saw her in the backyard last night, about 2.5 miles from the last sighting. She is really putting in the mileage! And still crisscrossing the town through footpaths and woods. You could hide out for years in this town. I had no idea the footpaths and such were so extensive, but the town is 300 years old, and formerly all farms, then in 1929, some summer shacks by the lake. There are so many stands of woods and protected land. She's gonna have to come out in the daylight or give it up somewhere, somehow. It is suggested to me that she is eating apples/crabapples from orchards. This, from the dog who would only eat one specific kid of Pedigree canned food (bacon and cheese) and would only eat beggin' bacon strip treats. Boy, is she busted.

She's still alive. She's got to be captured sometime. The local paper did an article this week on lost dogs and took a photo of me holding her flyer up. That might put some new eyes out there. Can't keep up with her and put flyers on every telephone pole for miles around. I did go over to the little street where she was seen and give flyers to people passing by. Everyone has been so so nice and thoughtful. Amazing,
So, back on the roller coaster, sleeping with the phone.

Old 09-09-2013, 02:24 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,599,761 times
Thanks for the updates. I hope she's safely captured soon.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:06 AM

Thank you, all.
The local paper comes out on Thursday. I expect I'll get a lot of calls but likely the sighting will be outdated, not "She's in my backyard right now," but it'll be good to reach people outside the areas that are covered with flyers. The animal control officer asked me to take the flyers down when the situation is resolved (one way or the other) and I'm gonna have to put on some mileage myself. For now, they're staying up.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:38 PM

Good heavens. She was spotted this morning (9/10) about 3 miles from her last sighting (and yes, it's her). She was running down a road at 7a. The person who saw her said she thought it was a rabid coyote, very thin, looking dazed. I called that town's police to update them and called that town and nearby town police to tell them they might get a call about someone seeing a sick dog/coyote in their yard and what the situation actually is. They couldn't have been nicer. The area where she was seen is about a half-mile through the woods back to the second neighborhood where she was camped out, where the orchards are, and I wonder if she's been eating at the orchard (where there are two coyote dens) and striking out from there. She is obviously flailing and doesn't know where to go or what to do and is getting weaker. I so so hope she is caught very soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs