Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 01:30 PM

6,848 posts, read 7,995,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Deer run.......that their natural defense.

Dogs should be controlled.
Deer are disease infested vermin. Dogs are pets. Dog >> Deer

Hunter that kills my dog because of a deer is going to rue the day he was born.

Old 11-26-2014, 01:47 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
Should not let a dog be unrestrained as in not in a fenced yard. Once a dog starts running deer you got problems. That dog would be shot if running deer in many parts of the country.
I feel bad for the dog the owner is to blame.
The owner is not to blame. The owner did not shoot the dog in the face.

The owner was negligent, certainly. The hunter shot the dog in the face, and enjoyed it so much that he went home and bragged about it on Facebook.

One is an example of poor decision making. The other is an example killing someone's pet for the fun of it. They are not even remotely comparable.

And the fact that you serve up plenty of criticism for the person who is neglectful, and not a word against the person killing someone else's pet for sport, is really screwed up.

Facebook post leads to animal cruelty charge in shooting of dog - Top News - The Times News

Old 11-27-2014, 05:49 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,418,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
The owner is not to blame. The owner did not shoot the dog in the face.

The owner was negligent, certainly. The hunter shot the dog in the face, and enjoyed it so much that he went home and bragged about it on Facebook.

One is an example of poor decision making. The other is an example killing someone's pet for the fun of it. They are not even remotely comparable.

And the fact that you serve up plenty of criticism for the person who is neglectful, and not a word against the person killing someone else's pet for sport, is really screwed up.

Facebook post leads to animal cruelty charge in shooting of dog - Top News - The Times News

Boy that last post hit the nail on the head. Many here were focusing on the owner and the possible ramifications of the dog's actions and totally ignoring the true villain of this story. Shooter is a piece of crap and deserves everything he gets and more.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:56 AM

7,129 posts, read 12,670,656 times
I wish that the pet dog had not been shot. I wish the hunter had not shot and killed the dog. That was wrong.

I wish the dog had been contained on the owner's property so this did not happen. The fact that the dog was running in the woods during hunting season was wrong.

To let a dog run free during hunting season is a very bad idea. It's an accident waiting to happen. And the poor dog paid the price.

It could have been otherwise.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
I wish that the pet dog had not been shot. I wish the hunter had not shot and killed the dog. That was wrong.

I wish the dog had been contained on the owner's property so this did not happen. The fact that the dog was running in the woods during hunting season was wrong.

To let a dog run free during hunting season is a very bad idea. It's an accident waiting to happen. And the poor dog paid the price.

It could have been otherwise.
To be otherwise all it take is a hunter who is not a criminal. He should have his rifle wrapped around his throat.

Old 11-28-2014, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
To be otherwise all it take is a hunter who is not a criminal. He should have his rifle wrapped around his throat.
Yep. Blame the owner all you want, and I agree they should have contained their dog, but if this is their behavior then it's pretty safe to say this dog, as well as others they may have owned, have run in the woods during hunting season. This one was the only time they have been shot and that's on the piece of crap hunter.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:20 PM

Incidentally I found the owners Facebook page dedicated to Elie Mae. Here is her quote:

I have a beagle put up in a pen crying his awful beagle bark as we speak. We know our neighbors and the hunters that hunt in the woods beside us and have never had a problem with our dogs. Not until that punk kid decided to kill one just cause. I'm pissed and heartbroken! I've never had dogs without freedom, until now.

So apparently she never had the need to contain her dogs. Until now. Now their other dog is in a kennel, a jail cell if you will, despite living on a farm. Again this would not be necessary if the hunter had not acted like a jack ass.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:51 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,497,818 times
I myself would have shot and killed both of the dogs.

Most Game Wardens will kill dogs running dear also.

Dogs that run deer kill the fawns and cripple big deer.

Some states allow hunters to use dogs to hunt deer
during the killing season.

Old 11-28-2014, 03:57 PM

19,776 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Well here ya go- a list of all states with laws pertaining to Dogs Harassing Wildlife.

https://www.animallaw.info/article/t...asing-wildlife

IRONICALLY there are only two states with specific provisions for allowing non-authorized personnel the right to dispatch a dog found harassing wildlife- New York and Oregon.

Again- in most states ONLY game enforcement or other identified persons can do this.

Old 11-28-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
I myself would have shot and killed both of the dogs.

Most Game Wardens will kill dogs running dear also.

Dogs that run deer kill the fawns and cripple big deer.

Some states allow hunters to use dogs to hunt deer
during the killing season.

Hunters kill deer. Maybe we should shoot hunter too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs