Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 10:05 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,332,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimosa View Post
She gets checked regularly, even had xrays last year when this happened and it just showed her stomach distended with gas. Maybe she has acid reflux or something, she is so normal otherwise. Runs, plays, eats well, loves to go for walks. Suddenly she will throw up her last meal and run to the kitchen for something to eat which isnt what she used to do when sick. It's like it's nothing. Trouble is, being sick leaves behind sick breath. I just spoke to my vet and he told me never give her people mouthwash as it has sugar and alcohol but i can swab her mouth with peroxide. Yeah, like she's gonna let me in her mouth.
If she's healthy otherwise, what is she getting to eat? Kibble or canned food? She shouldn't be getting gas with her regular food, either. Mine gets kibbles with a small spoonful of whatever was leftover from dinner the night before - a spoonful is barely a taste, she's about 80 lbs - and she gets raw soup bones to chew on. Her last checkup the vet said she had good breath for a dog, and to keep on doing whatever I was doing, because it was working just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 02:14 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,615,283 times
I'm suspicious of two things.

First you say she "might" have reflux or something. Acid reflux, indigestion and bloating hurts. But the good news is that it can be easily treated. Ask your vet for something for your dog's reflux. Also ask your vet what you should be feeding her. Proper diet is really important.

Second, the vomiting should concern you much more than leaving bad breath. If your mother started to vomit as much as your dog, would you ignore it or insist she go to a doctor that can find the problem and treat it? It's very much the same thing with your vet. If one vet can't find the problem, it may be time to find another one.

Years ago, I had a dog with reflux and I think the medcation was something like $2 for a month's supply, giving it to him twice a day.

Just my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs