Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 04:56 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,670,316 times

Advertisements

I was at my local pet store a while back and they had a new product called Anco root dog chews. Basically it looks like a block of wood because it comes from the root of a tree in Spain that is eco friendly. The main advantage though is that unlike a block of wood it does not splinter and also it is very durable. I've had mine for over a year and it's only a little bit smaller than when I first bought it.

I got it for my new Airedale Terrier puppy because like all puppies they love to chew. And I must say that it's done a really good job in keeping his teeth clean and also giving him something to satiate his chewing habit. Also, I stick some cheese in the nooks and crannies of the anco root to give him something even more special and alluring on occasion. Anyways, I don't mean this to come across as an advertisement but it real is an excellent chew and extremely cost effective considering how long it lasts.

Anco Roots are an eco-sustainable source and all hand harvested in protected areas to ensure there is no damage to the roots. Only the tuber of the root is harvested which then sprouts again. They are limited to a responsible number each year, keeping the ecological impact to a minimum.

Benefits;

100% untreated
Fun chew toy
Will not splinter like sticks
Extremely durable and long lasting
Contains naturally present vitamins/minerals
Acts as a natural toothbrush
Suitable for every size dog including puppies
Attached Thumbnails
Have you tried long lasting Anco root dog chews?-image.png  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 07:57 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,252,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
I was at my local pet store a while back and they had a new product called Anco root dog chews. Basically it looks like a block of wood because it comes from the root of a tree in Spain that is eco friendly. The main advantage though is that unlike a block of wood it does not splinter and also it is very durable. I've had mine for over a year and it's only a little bit smaller than when I first bought it.

I got it for my new Airedale Terrier puppy because like all puppies they love to chew. And I must say that it's done a really good job in keeping his teeth clean and also giving him something to satiate his chewing habit. Also, I stick some cheese in the nooks and crannies of the anco root to give him something even more special and alluring on occasion. Anyways, I don't mean this to come across as an advertisement but it real is an excellent chew and extremely cost effective considering how long it lasts.

Anco Roots are an eco-sustainable source and all hand harvested in protected areas to ensure there is no damage to the roots. Only the tuber of the root is harvested which then sprouts again. They are limited to a responsible number each year, keeping the ecological impact to a minimum.

Benefits;

100% untreated
Fun chew toy
Will not splinter like sticks
Extremely durable and long lasting
Contains naturally present vitamins/minerals
Acts as a natural toothbrush
Suitable for every size dog including puppies
Interesting. But I couldn't find them online anyplace but the UK.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:25 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,670,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpindogs View Post
Interesting. But I couldn't find them online anyplace but the UK.
I noticed that too looking online. I purchased mine in Chicago at Pet Supplies Plus. When I talked to the manager about the product he said that he goes to a lot of dog and pet trade shows and likes to find things that are a little bit more outside the box then other places.

Unfortunately, I haven't found that much information online about them. Maybe next time you're in your local pet store you might want to ask a manager about it. Surprisingly I couldn't even see it on Amazon. Which is probably the first thing I couldn't find on Amazon. Maybe there's a shortage. Hopefully it becomes more popular and available as time goes on because it really is a great product.

Here is a little information that I found though:

http://www.ecodogcompany.com/index.p...etail?Itemid=0

https://letusgoandflyakite.wordpress...nco-root-chew/

Last edited by biggunsmallbrains; 03-28-2016 at 08:36 PM..

Old 03-28-2016, 10:36 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,285,398 times
Now How is this going to Stop the dog from transferring to Furniture ... Like giving dog old shoe & expecting him to know Not to chew on the New shoes

Old 03-29-2016, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Now How is this going to Stop the dog from transferring to Furniture ... Like giving dog old shoe & expecting him to know Not to chew on the New shoes
Easy. Teach them. For example, dogs learn to play with fabric/rope toys while leaving other things made of similar fabric/rope alone.

Your shoe example is well-intentioned advice from many years ago and may be useful for people who do not put much training/management on their dogs. But dogs are completely capable of learning to chew/not chew individual items of similar composition.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:18 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,492,443 times
Hi Jumpindogs! Hey, our 12 y/o Pomeranian has that collapsing trachea problem that Poms get. I want to know what works to help them with this. Is it mineral oil we used on our departed Pom, Rocky, that had this problem? Do you know anything about that problem - it's one of those traits of Pomeranians, unfortunately. Don't mean to go off-topic and Mod, I'll start another thread if you would like on this subject.

Old 03-29-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Hi Jumpindogs! Hey, our 12 y/o Pomeranian has that collapsing trachea problem that Poms get. I want to know what works to help them with this. Is it mineral oil we used on our departed Pom, Rocky, that had this problem? Do you know anything about that problem - it's one of those traits of Pomeranians, unfortunately. Don't mean to go off-topic and Mod, I'll start another thread if you would like on this subject.
Hey back elkotronics! Nice to hear from you. I don't really know anything about collapsing trachea. Have you done a search on C-D? Be selective cause some advice is good and other advice not so much...you know how it is. Prolly good to start another thread.

I found the following links for you.

Dr. Karen Becker is a fabulous holistic vet with tons of info on her website: A Strange Condition in Small Breed Dogs | Tracheal Collapse

I've heard of this being used for CT: Amazon.com : VetriScience Laboratories Vetri-Disc for Dogs Capsules, 180 Count : Pet Bone And Joint Supplements : Pet Supplies

Some good info: Holistic Vet and Pet Nutrition Journal: Treatments For Collapsed Trachea in Dogs and What product would you recommend for my small dog with a collapsed trachea? and Tracheal Collapse in Dogs - Holistic Vets in Nashville TN and Alternative Medicine for Pets: Tracheal Collapse, holistic vet, shark cartilage

Give your sweet old Pom buddy a teensy treat for me.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:38 PM

Thanks, jumpindogs. He's been coming up to me for petting lately. I tell him he's good, he's strong, and so on. He loves attention. Our 8 y/o Akita Chow is as healthy as a horse, her fur is really fluffing out. She's guarding the dog's dry food dish and growling the Pom away plenty, too!

I'll check out those references, that is really nice of you to find those for me. I was thinking that you'd heard of it before and would just know off the top of your head. Thanks - if I find a good remedy I should start a new thread in city-data 'Dogs' and share it with everyone.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Thanks, jumpindogs. He's been coming up to me for petting lately. I tell him he's good, he's strong, and so on. He loves attention. Our 8 y/o Akita Chow is as healthy as a horse, her fur is really fluffing out. She's guarding the dog's dry food dish and growling the Pom away plenty, too!

I'll check out those references, that is really nice of you to find those for me. I was thinking that you'd heard of it before and would just know off the top of your head. Thanks - if I find a good remedy I should start a new thread in city-data 'Dogs' and share it with everyone.
Always happy to help.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:34 AM

Did you guys move to Sequim? Were you the one who wanted to head to the Olympic Peninsula?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs