Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 01:38 PM

1,843 posts, read 3,058,562 times

Advertisements

I saw this on the news last night...my first reaction was "What, no way would I use that" but after seeing that you can lock/unlock it, and it has AC for your fur baby, it's not a terrible idea. It's basically a little dog house that sits in front of businesses so you can go inside & grab what you need, without having to leave your dog tied to something. It even self cleans after each use.

Dog Parker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 01:51 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
sounds awesome. I just hope people don't use it to get rid of their pets.

Old 08-31-2017, 03:37 PM

5,013 posts, read 10,694,159 times
There's no way in hell I'm going to put my dog in one of those. Imagine what would happen if it malfunctioned

Old 09-04-2017, 04:36 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
sounds awesome. I just hope people don't use it to get rid of their pets.
Hopefully it is set up in a way that is connected to information about the people such as credit card or phone, so it would be pretty dang ineffective for that purpose. I suppose, though, a burner phone or gift credit card could be used to bypass that system, but that would be a lot more trouble and expense than just turning the dog over to the pound.

I would be more worried about them "parking" the dog for long periods of time. Hopefully it has a time limit with an alarm by phone and a system of notification of someone once the dog is in there more than X amount of time. I mean, people forget their babies in cars. I can see this being an issue.

Old 09-04-2017, 05:27 AM

965 posts, read 939,042 times
My first thought was not a chance. The more I have thought of it the more I think it would be really nice on occasion. And especially for my really small, or large, boisterous dog. Granted I live in a small town that will never get one of these in my lifetime

I'd love to run errands with my dog again (like I used to before it wasn't safe to tie your dog up outside a shop). Granted I always made judgement calls with that too.
At the time, no one in town let dogs run loose, and people were shamed if they took a wild one out. So, most dogs we met were very well trained and rarely leashed when walking around town. This was nearly 30 years ago, my how times have changed - but that would be another thread...

This would take care of my dogs safety, no one could bother my dog, human or other dog.

Back then though, part of the fun for my dog was that she'd get a fuss from people who would stop to say hi. It was a very dog friendly town, so that was normal.

The weather is fair enough most of the time where I live now, but still no shelter outside the bank or post office to protect from sun - both visits just about 3 minutes, so I can't take my dog on those trips. I would normally be able to otherwise because there is little foot traffic / other dogs there. In those cases I might actually use it, it might help to make a better day of errands.

Honestly, I can't imagine anyone leaving their dog in one of these for more than 10 minutes, and I can't imagine a lot of businesses springing for them. In a niche market / area I expect they will be useful.

Old 09-04-2017, 10:15 AM

13,927 posts, read 39,297,259 times
And all it would take is one sick dog put inside & think how many would catch what that dog has! Nope No Way!

Old 09-05-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Hopefully it is set up in a way that is connected to information about the people such as credit card or phone, so it would be pretty dang ineffective for that purpose. I suppose, though, a burner phone or gift credit card could be used to bypass that system, but that would be a lot more trouble and expense than just turning the dog over to the pound.

I would be more worried about them "parking" the dog for long periods of time. Hopefully it has a time limit with an alarm by phone and a system of notification of someone once the dog is in there more than X amount of time. I mean, people forget their babies in cars. I can see this being an issue.
I think it corresponds with an app on your phone...and it charges by the minute.

Old 09-05-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
And all it would take is one sick dog put inside & think how many would catch what that dog has! Nope No Way!
It supposedly sanitizes itself between each use.

Old 09-05-2017, 04:13 PM

13,927 posts, read 39,297,259 times
Then dog is exposed to Chems that are dangerous.....Nope Not my dog

Old 09-06-2017, 01:20 AM

13,258 posts, read 7,312,118 times
Don't bring your dog if you plan on going in a store that doesn't allow dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs