Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 07:10 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times

Advertisements

I have bought from petsupplies.net and have bought frontline several times and have been happy with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 04:10 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,694,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd View Post
I am a PetCo shopper since it is just down the street. However, I am looking into getting more Heartgard Plus - although the 'virtural pharmacist' recommended Iverhart Plus (a generic at 1/3 the cost). I bought it from the Vet but I just saw the 1800petmeds website. They do not appear to charge sales tax or shipping.

Has anyone used them before?

Has anyone used Iverhart Plus before?
i get the dog tested for heartworm, then have the dr call dr foster where
i may either buy 6 pills or the 12. when i had 2 dogs it was what i could afford. i was real happy with them. i also do frontline there. i do interceptor
why they always had it, and it works. with 2 dogs i did 12 then the other 12-money wise it was cheaper for me.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,363 times
My wife and I use Allpetsuppliesonline.com for our fish tank supplies and dog treats/toys. And we use Foster and Smith for medications. With the price of gas its far cheaper to have it delivered to your door.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:04 PM

62 posts, read 202,734 times
I used to use HeartGuard Plus but found out it didn't protect against whipworms. Now I use Interceptor and feel good about it. I tried to find as many online sites as I could and I compared the prices. I found that 1800PetMeds most always did NOT have the lowest price for any of the things I was look for. (Interceptor, Frontline Plus, 3V) The best site ended up being EntirelyPets.com but I haven't placed my order yet.

Old 05-18-2008, 02:32 PM

18,726 posts, read 33,390,141 times
I bought bulk dog treats and choo hooves.
My vet once didn't have Heartguard and had the Iverheart instead.
I don't think the online prices are much better than my vet or supply place for Frontline/Heartguard, but maybe I should check again, having read these posts.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:20 PM

86 posts, read 359,813 times
Default Iverhart vs Heartgard

A couple of weeks ago it was time for my dog's annual vaccinations and checkup. As always, I asked the vet if I should still be using Heartgard Plus and Frontline Plus, or was there something new that was recommended.

The vet told me to get Iverhart because it is the very same thing as Heartgard and is less than half the price because it is the generic. If you use generics from your own pharmacy for yourself, this is the same principle.

For years I have been purchasing all my pet supplies online. IMO, the best online pet supply site is EntirelyPets.com. Prices are competitive, they have excellent follow-through regarding faxing the vet for the Rx, and have wonderful customer service.

I get his treats there, too. Louie says, "woof, woof." (There are no smileycons for tail wagging.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 3,409 times
Smile 1-800-PetMeds guarantees all medications

1800PetMeds.com - Product Guarantee Please go to this page to read all about 1-800-PetMeds guarantee. [moderator cut-advertising]

Last edited by leorah; 07-21-2008 at 07:00 PM.. Reason: advertising

Old 06-26-2008, 01:08 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
Anyone else have a problem with their vet not agreeing to write a prescription or call so you can get the meds online? I have not found any vets in my former or current city here in Texas that will agree to do it. They all say something about it not being ethical, grrrr.

So, I order from the Australian companies that don't require a prescription from a vet here. (I learned about that through rescue. They buy from the Australian companies in bulk.)

As I posted previously, the vet who did Morgan's spay said he wouldn't give me a prescription to buy heartworm preventative online and I told him I wasn't asking for one, that I buy their heartworm meds online. The receptionist launched into this whole lecture about how they're probably not "real" meds, I'm putting my dogs at risk, blah-blah. I said, "Hon, I've been buying heartworm meds online for years and none of my dogs has ever had heartworm." (except Morgan, who had it when I adopted her from the pound.)

They don't seem to get that, first, the same pharmaceutical companies make all of the meds in the world and, second, that in other countries you don't need a dang prescription for common medications.

Old 07-21-2008, 05:26 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
Default Fosters & Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I order fairly often from Drs. Foster and Smith. Good service and free shipping! Their prices really beat 1-800-PetMeds.
I just got an order from Fosters & Smith. I agree. Good service. Fast shipping.

I actually noticed that Fosters and Smith have the eye ointment that I told someone to get for a Shih-tzu they were adopting....

I've also ordered from PetCo online and have had good experience with them.

I'm 30 miles from a real pet store. I buy everything online!

Old 07-21-2008, 05:52 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,347,014 times
Iv'e used 1800PetMeds.com - America's Pet Medication and Pet Health Resource for pur dogs hearworm and flea control meds and worming meds for a cat. Fast delivery and priced competively with vets office, free shipping past certain amount. Use it every 1.5 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs