Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 12:06 PM

2,841 posts, read 3,203,548 times

Advertisements

Very pretty pup. How old is he?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2019, 02:43 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,758,364 times
Congratulations!!

Old 09-27-2019, 07:10 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,595,662 times
Zephyr is 13 weeks. He is really a good puppy and had his first exam with my vet today. The vet feels he is a healthy puppy so hopefully he stays that way for years.

Old 09-27-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
What a beautiful boy, he looks so sweet! I’m sorry to hear about Dazzle, but happy you made five more good months possible. Enjoy every minute of Zephyr’s puppyhood, it goes by fast!
Could not rep you again but you are right the puppyhood does go by fast as I can not believe Chaos is already 8!

Old 09-28-2019, 09:26 PM

438 posts, read 269,771 times
Another windhound to love, how great!! Hugs and pets to you, Chaos, and Zephyr!

Old 10-07-2019, 01:49 AM

Chaos is now in love with Zephyr and she is happy once again! I went back to work the other night and Zephyr did great at home while I was gone. I worked my 2 nights ( 12 hrs) came home after the first one and walked them and fed them then we all slept. Came home this AM after the 2nd one and was too tired to go on a walk as we had a busy night in ICU so Chaos played with him and tired him out for me so we all got to sleep and take a walk afterwards. Now I have my 5 days off so walks will not be as difficult as they are after a busy 12 hrs. Love only working 2 shifts a week and the fact I only have 3 yrs left doing so.

Old 10-07-2019, 06:08 AM

1,343 posts, read 1,375,611 times
Great update and wonderful photos!! I especially love Chaos's clear tolerance in the middle photo. (I've had that puppy paw in the face quite a few times lately....) This is our first time in a long time raising a puppy without an "auntie" or "uncle" dog around and these photos also make me envious! It's SO great to have a puppy-sitter on hand!

Enjoy the week! I'm really glad Chaos has come around (and then some)!

Old 10-07-2019, 10:02 AM

631 posts, read 400,847 times
Cuteness overload. Congrats on your new family member - he's gorgeous! Glad to see Chaos is accepting him. I'm sure they will have many happy times together

Old 10-07-2019, 11:05 AM

Thanks I think the only way I will raise a puppy is with the help of a more mature dog. Chaos is being so good she senses he is a very sensitive boy so is very careful playing with him unlike the Aussie pup he played with that was full force play. It keeps him busy and out of trouble. The best thing is Chaos seems happy again as she was depressed about the loss of Dazzle and hanging out in my bedroom all day. Now she is back downstairs and engaging with the puppy and even a friend said that Chaos seems happy again.

Last night I took him over to the hospital and a few of my co workers came out to meet him. He was a bit reserved at first but then decided they were ok and they of course were laughing at his ears and taking photos so they could show others his big ears. Tomorrow I am hoping he can go have a play date with a mini doxie as I want to get him exposed to both big dogs and little dogs while he is still so young.

I have another photo I will have to find and post that really shows how dogs communicate.

Old 10-07-2019, 11:27 AM

A few people that have seen this photo were uncomfortable about the look Chaos is giving Zephyr. I think there is nothing wrong with it as it shows the communication. Dogs visual communication is much better then ours and our eyes are too slow to pick up much of it so it is always fun when a camera captures it and freezes it and we can see it. That glare told him he was pushing his boundaries and needed to stop and he got it and became very submissive for a few moments then found what she was willing to tolerate and they started playing again. Chaos did not have to grumble or growl it was all done with a hard glare directed at him.

People so often miss these communications between dogs, an example can be a dog suddenly getting blamed for an aggressive out burst towards another dog especially when leashed but if you were watching it all started because the other dog was staring at the " reactive dog" so you are busy blaming your dog and it was just responding to what in a dogs world is a very aggressive move and that is a stare. When I take my dogs out and stop to talk to someone if there are other dogs around I keep an eye on mine and do not let them stare at other dogs. Jazz taught me that as she was fine until another dog stared at her then she had issues" You want a piece of me???" Yup difficult dogs will teach you about dog behavior.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs