Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 06:35 AM

98 posts, read 91,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
The man is in HIS yard. Walking HIS dog. On a LEASH. You may have the right to drive on the street you DO NOT have the right to tell people they cant walk their own dog in their own yard. Hes not meeting you on the sidewalk or walking by your house. Youre in a car driving by HIS house where he is in HIS yard walking HIS down who is safely contained in a leash. Youre being unreasonable and irrational.
YES we both have the right to use that street and sidewalk, and he has the right to use his front property, but he does NOT have the right to allow his dog to show REPEATED vicious anger, barking and lunging at me in my car now for the 15th time, a vicious body language that cannot lie but proves that dog wants to do serious harm to me as a victim. Makes no difference if i'm in a car, that owner and his dog is causing a mental torment on my mind to the point that I must make a 3 point turn around with my car 5 houses ahead so i'm not a victim to that mental terror and a law needs to clamp down on him or i'll file a major complaint against the police force or humane society because its people like me who get the law changed.

Old 10-25-2019, 06:39 AM

1,860 posts, read 1,250,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domic View Post
No, not at all, we both have the right to use that street and sidewalk, he does not have the right to allow his dog to show REPEATED vicious anger, barking and lunging at me in my car now for the 15th time, a vicious body language that cannot lie but proves that dog wants to do serious harm to me as a victim. Makes no difference if i'm in a car, that owner and his dog is causing a mental torment on my mind to the point that I must make a 3 point turn around with my car 5 houses ahead so i'm not a victim to that mental terror and a law needs to clamp down on him or i'll file a major complaint against the police force or humane society because its people like me who get the law changed.
You have the responsibility to protect yourself. If you consider it dangerous go the other way. Its simple. The police, society and this man are not responsible for your comfort. The dog has done nothing to you other than bark at your car. The dog hasnt even shown any aggression to you. Only your car. Youre safe in your car. the man has him on a leash in his yard. he isnt in the street or on the sidewalk.

Obviously you arent going to realize how irrational you are but you really do need to get some help. Your "mental anquish" does not override this man's right to walk his barking dog in his own yard. SOrry.

Old 10-25-2019, 06:51 AM

^
The help is for me NOT to be a victim to his continued act of cruelty by allowing his dog to cause a mental terror on me as an innocent passer byer in a public place (his front property meets the city side walk that meets the street where im allowed to drive my car), makes no difference if im in a car because I could still see and hear the vicious threat of attack on me and I didn't mention yet that this also makes me very rightfully angry because they are the ones who are attacking me mentally when im minding my own g d business and there should be laws against dog owners like this.

And if the police or humane society do nothing about this, sadly to say that I would also be a victim of age or sex discrimination because in the event a woman or a girl was a victim to this repeated act of cruelty they would surely put a stop to it but not if its a man whos the victim. They stic it to me either way.

Last edited by domic; 10-25-2019 at 07:55 AM..

Old 10-25-2019, 07:33 AM

36,577 posts, read 30,915,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normashirley View Post
If you were out walking, I'd say this would be something to worry about. You are letting something wear on you that should only be an annoyance of "that idiot neighbor and his idiot dog".

I used to frequently ride my horse ten miles around our country block. There was a guy who trained his BIG dogs to a silent whistle and had nothing better to do than try to hide around the corner of his house and watch what he thought would be a terrorizing event for my horse and myself.

The times I had gone down that road in my car, those dogs would rush my compact car and I could see a couple of their heads over the hood. They did that with any car, not just me.

He picked the wrong person. My horse would go after those dogs on cue and I carried a squirt gun full of water. On the last event, I hollered at the man, the next time I would have a real gun and then I'd call my neighbor the county deputy. No more dogs powering out in the road and I'm talking 4-6 dogs.

If you've relayed your mental anguish to other neighbors it may have got back to him and has "fueled the fire" so-to-speak. You ARE in your car and the dog IS on a leash -- let it go..
LOL. Same here. We called it dog bowling. One of my horses would also kick the crap out of them. Although I dont think the dog owners did it intentionally, they just let their dogs run and wouldn't control them.

Old 10-25-2019, 07:36 AM

36,577 posts, read 30,915,500 times
Quote:
YES we both have the right to use that street and sidewalk, and he has the right to use his front property, but he does NOT have the right to allow his dog to show REPEATED vicious anger, barking and lunging at me in my car now for the 15th time, a vicious body language that cannot lie but proves that dog wants to do serious harm to me as a victim. Makes no difference if i'm in a car, that owner and his dog is causing a mental torment on my mind to the point that I must make a 3 point turn around with my car 5 houses ahead so i'm not a victim to that mental terror and a law needs to clamp down on him or i'll file a major complaint against the police force or humane society because its people like me who get the law changed.
good luck with that.
Just go a different way or when you get to the stop sign and the dog is lunging and barking lay down on your horn for about 5 minutes. Of course someone my call the authorities on you for mental torment.

Old 10-25-2019, 07:56 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,041,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
There is something called marauding, it's when an animal lunges at someone even if they are on a leash. I'd contact the local police to ask them about it. What your neighbor is doing could also be considered harassment. I'd tell him in no uncertain terms to stop doing it.

It's NOT harassement. This happens at most, a couple times a month. The man and his dog are/were there first, in HIS OWN yard, or on the sidewalk in front of his house, and OP acknowledges that this happens by chance, where they're both in the same place at the same time.

Old 10-25-2019, 07:59 AM

A marauding animal is an animal roaming around attacking people/livestock.

A dog on a leash is NOT a marauding animal.

Old 10-25-2019, 08:02 AM

I should have the right to honk my horn gently as to give him a hint what hes doing with his dog is cruelty to humans and so wrong.

No dog owner should have the legal right to repeatedly allow their dog on their front property while on a leash to viciously bark and lunge with the desire to attack at passer byers walking on the side walk or driving on the street, a new law needs to be entered because this not only can cause serious physical damage if ever the dog gets loose, this also can cause MENTAL stress or torment if this is at a continued basis with even people in their cars like in my situation. The laws need to be changed today. And what about the children in this situation? When it comes to physical damage or even death if that vicious dog ever gets loose from that leash or mental torment and stress by being a subject to that over and over again, the law, police, humane society should treat everyone in this horrible situation exactly the same without prejudice or discrimination. But sadly the ones in power who are suppose to up hold the law break it often because discrimination is illegal but practiced so so often everywhere in all kinds of different situations.

No ones response to my situation is that I need to get mental help, the help is for that dog owner to stop what hes doing.

Last edited by domic; 10-25-2019 at 08:12 AM..

Old 10-25-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:

You are being ridiculous. If you're so freaked out by a dog while YOU are in your metal cage, then just don't drive by their house.

(Meanwhile, man and his dog call the police about the freaky guy who does a 3 point turn around in front of his house, getting the dog all upset.)

Old 10-25-2019, 08:06 AM

Quote:
I should have the right to honk my horn gently as to give him a hint what hes doing with his dog is cruelty to humans and so wrong.

No dog owner should have the legal right to repeatedly allow their dog on their front property while on a leash with no 6 foot wooden fence to viciously bark and lunge with the desire to attack at passer byers walking on the side walk or driving on the street, a new law needs to be entered because this not only can cause serious physical damage if ever the dog gets loose, this also can cause MENTAL stress or torment if this is at a continued basis with even people in their cars like in my situation. The laws need to be changed today. And what about the children in this situation? When it comes to physical damage or even death if that vicious dog ever gets loose from that leash or mental torment and stress by being a subject to that over and over again, the law, police, humane society should treat everyone in this horrible situtation exactly the same without prejudice or discrimination. But sadly the ones in power who are suppose to up hold law break it.
There IS NO LAW against standing in your own yard with a dog on a leash.

Apparently, you have access to a different route to get out of your neighborhood. Use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs