Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2008, 08:56 PM

702 posts, read 2,524,864 times

Advertisements

I hope I am not breaking any forum rules by posting this, but I just got an email from one of my rescue colleagues about a dog named Jackson who is in desperate need of surgery. All funds must be raised by noon on 7/3/08 or he will be PTS. This is legitimate -I am inserting the email. I have pictures of Jackson and his x-rays but can't figure out how to post them on the forum.

URGENT! CROSSPOSTING REQUESTED AND APPRECIATED*****

CONTACT DETAILS: ANISSA SADEGHI, WEST HANCOCK CANINE RESCUE
WESTHANCOCKK9@MCHSI.COM OR 319.795.4221

As they say, when it rains, it pours. We are still digging out from the floods, and this poor little guy has now presented us with an even bigger dilemma.

This little guy is a boston/terrier/beagle mix about 2 years old named Jackson. He is extremely sweet and weighs about 20 pounds. Jackson is currently in the care of Hancock County Pound/West Hancock Canine Rescue. He was found in the flooded areas in west central Illinois in Hancock County right on the Mississippi River. He was turned into the county pound, and we took him immediately to the vet.

Jackson is in a great deal of pain and is currently on a moriphine drip. He has a shattered pelvis in 6 places, 2 torn cruciate ligaments. As you can see from the x-rays attached, his leg is unattachted to his pelvis. The University of Missouri vet has a standing appointment for him, and the estimate to repair his shattered pelvis is $1800-$2200. The prognosis after surgery and 8 weeks of recuperation is that he will lead a very normal life.

Here is what it comes down to: we need to raise $1800-$2200 by Thursday, July 3, 2008 at 12:00 pm CST or little Jackson will be put to sleep. We are a small rescue comprised completely of volunteers and do not receive any government assistance. We are begging for any help you can give, even $25 towards this little guy's vet bills will help enormously. He must have surgery by tomorrow or he will have to be euthanized because he is in so much pain. Please crosspost this to everyone you know - friends, family, neighbors, church members, the guy in the cubicle next to you at work.

If you can help, donations can be sent by paypal to westhancockk9@mchsi.com or by calling Anissa Sadeghi, founder and president of West Hancock Canine Rescue. We are a non-profit rescue, 501c3, and all donations are tax deductible as permitted by law.

Please help us save Jackson!!!!! He is a sweet pup who needs surgery to save his life.

Thank you!

Old 07-02-2008, 10:33 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,856,481 times
Done through PayPal. I hope if you don't get enough for Jackson, they can use the money for another animal in need.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:09 PM

295 posts, read 1,213,937 times
Arrow Contact Rolling Dog Ranch

They're in Montana & are also 501(c)(3). Don't know if they can help, but it's worth a call/email to them. Rolling Dog Ranch Animal Sanctuary
By emails: Steve Smith Alayne Marker

By phone: 406-793-6000 (Please note we are on Mountain time.)

By mail:
Rolling Dog Ranch Animal Sanctuary
400 Rolling Dog Ranch Lane
Ovando, Montana 59854 USA

Old 07-03-2008, 03:43 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,278,550 times
MODERATOR:

Folks, I'm sorry - there is no solicitation allowed on City Data in the main forums or blogs. I'll have to lock this thread. In the future, please tell the story but talk via DM about funding, etc. Again, I'm sorry - I think everyone in the forums is sympathetic, but we cannot allow the Pets forum to become a solicitation spot. What's good for one is good for all, and we would be absolutely flooded with requests for donations (and some might be from not-so-reputable folks).

Just for general info on whether a nonprofit is what they claim, try this free website:

GuideStar nonprofit reports and Forms 990 for donors, grantmakers and businesses

or the IRS Publication 78 site:

Search for Charities, Online Version of Publication 78

You can do a basic search on an org on Guidestar; if you register you can view the rescue's recent filings regarding nonprofit status. Helpful hint!

Last edited by Sam I Am; 07-03-2008 at 04:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs