Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2015, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,606 times

Advertisements

He looks just like my son's son's dog even the same color, Pitt Bull mixed with Lab. (I'm referring to the question about "Does my dog look like a pitt bull?"
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 02:05 PM

2 posts, read 2,587 times
I'm the one the sent you a direct message yesterday. For some reason, this forum wont allow me to send any more direct messages. Here is a picture of our 9 week old pup that looks like yours. Could you post a picture of what he looks like today?

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by APBT_Samara View Post
Your dog looks like a chocolate lab pup. It is too hard to tell breeds as a pup often, even an older dog sometimes you can never really tell without a DNA test. You can get the Wisdom Panel DNA test which looks to be very accurate, some of the others are not so much or have less breeds. Some breeds look similar to each other and in some cases mixed breeds can really through you off with the phsyical traits they produce together. It is possible that your pup is mixed with Pit Bull since it is another popular breed. If they don't know who the sire really is then it is hard to say without a doubt the breed. I'd just call her a chocolate lab mix. Not a Lab/Boxer mix since Boxers don't have red nose that isn't believable.

Here is my chocolate brindle red nose American Pit Bull Terrier around 9 weeks old

Whatever your pup is, he is cute, enjoy him. I think you'd be "safe" moving to miami because your dog looks like a Lab, maybe a Lab mix. Of course that could change with time. It might be risky, even if you dog has no Pit Bull in the mix at all and you aren't doing wrong you still might be questioned. People have had to fight to prove that their dogs are pure bred Lab, American Bulldog or Boxer mix when they are mistaken for Pit Bulls.

There is no such breed/type as "American Red Nose Pitbull" there are American Pit Bull Terriers with red noses, or black or blue. This would show the same on a DNA test which will only come back as AST (if the dog were infact a Pit Bull). The jawline/teeth fit that of several other breeds and this can even vary from pit to pit. This is why BSL profiling doesn't work, because many breeds other then Pit Bulls can fall under the same physical characteristics.

This poster seems fairly responsible and not looking to become a future backyard breeder. I doubt they want to breed a possible mixed breed without pedigree history, titles or knowledge on family health. Even if they did have an actual Pit Bull and put Lab at there vet there is really no "mess up" anyway. If they wanted to sell or rehome the dog as a Pit Bull they easily could do so. They certainly could breed said Pit and sell the pups as Pit pups no matter what vet records state on the sire. Besides that Pits are as "worthless" as Labs, being so popular they can be a dime a dozen just depends on the dog/area. I don't see why a Lab would be considered worthless when compared to a Pit Bull, different strokes for different folks. If they can sell/breed the dog as a Pit they shouldn't have a problem doing the same as a Lab. The adult male pictured above seems to have hair loss around the eyes and far too much loose skin on the neck.

There are many breeds that can have red/chocolate/liver nose including Lab and several others Boston Terrier, Ridgeback, Boerboel, Vizsla, Pharaoh Hound, Patterdale Terrier just to name a few.
Attached Thumbnails
Does my dog look like a pitbull?-img_20160513_192558.jpg   Does my dog look like a pitbull?-img_20160513_192237.jpg  

Old 05-25-2016, 05:37 PM

1,179 posts, read 8,709,008 times
He is really cute! Of course I love brindle dogs.

Here are some additional pics. She's Boogieman bred and in the low 30s.
Attached Thumbnails
Does my dog look like a pitbull?-zara2.jpg   Does my dog look like a pitbull?-zara3.jpg  

Old 05-27-2016, 11:01 AM

2 posts, read 2,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by APBT_Samara View Post
He is really cute! Of course I love brindle dogs.

Here are some additional pics. She's Boogieman bred and in the low 30s.
Thanks for the pics. She is one beautiful dog. I misread your original post, when I read chocolate, I thought chocolate lab. Now I understand she is pure pit.

Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs