Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 01:21 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,155,631 times

Advertisements

Just looking at rescue dogs, there are so many it breaks my heart. i came accross this lovely guy and I just don't understand how anyone that could give him up after so many years, if I was closer I would have him . Just look at him in the last picture sitting in the car like a little old man

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 02:39 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,414,824 times

He is a real good looking dog, aged well.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:47 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,213,545 times
It breaks my heart too. I would take them all if I could... I volunteer at the local AC shelter and someone just turned in an older rust colored cocker spaniel. She is not happy about being in a strange place. I just hope someone will give her a home. I am not sure but someone told me her owner had to go to a nursing home. They also turned in a cute little mutt who is friendly.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:50 AM

1,738 posts, read 8,278,891 times
It is sad. We just save one at a time.
my favorite type of dog has become a mix from the pound

Old 10-12-2008, 08:50 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,155,631 times
Brian
thanks for putting up the photo of him, I didn't know how to do it!
He is a handsome boy isn't he. Hope he finds a loving home

I wish I could adopt all the senior dogs, they are so lovely and its hearbreaking that they end up in shelters

Old 10-12-2008, 02:48 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,414,824 times
Yes it is heartbreaking.
He has an older grey face but his expression still looks young, I bet he has plenty of energy when he wants hehe.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:17 PM

702 posts, read 2,524,720 times
Older dogs are great. I always look for adults, and they tend to be over looked for the pups. He is adorable. Where is he?

Old 10-12-2008, 08:30 PM

1,477 posts, read 7,912,334 times
I emailed Eric, who runs the rescue group, and he told me that Mac was placed in a good home yesterday. Mac's bumps turned out to be benign, and he's now in a good forever home.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:54 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,148,408 times
When I lived in Durango, Colorado (yeech), many years ago, I was visiting the animal shelter looking for a kitten and, unfortunately, decided to take a look at the dogs that were available while I was waiting. There was one big, red Malmute there who had been given up after being owned for 6 years. I could NOT believe the pain in this dogs face. Honestly, I swear to you his eyes were red and he had been crying. I have never felt such hurt in my life before. From that moment on, I vowed to have NO RESPECT for anyone who ever gave up a pet due to it's being "inconvenient".

I will never get the look on that dogs face out of my mind, ever.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-12-2008, 09:28 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,665,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
When I lived in Durango, Colorado (yeech), many years ago, I was visiting the animal shelter looking for a kitten and, unfortunately, decided to take a look at the dogs that were available while I was waiting. There was one big, red Malmute there who had been given up after being owned for 6 years. I could NOT believe the pain in this dogs face. Honestly, I swear to you his eyes were red and he had been crying. I have never felt such hurt in my life before. From that moment on, I vowed to have NO RESPECT for anyone who ever gave up a pet due to it's being "inconvenient".

I will never get the look on that dogs face out of my mind, ever.

20yrsinBranson
I have seen that look before, I once saw someone dump a very old cocker off at a shelter, they just walked in tied it with a rope to one of the poles in the room and left. That little cocker was devastated.....I remember it whimpering....ugh! It still breaks my heart. I shed so many tears over all of this horrible animal abuse going on all over the world. It is sooo sad because the average person does not even know the half that goes on with animals in abusive situations or kill shelters or what rescuers do to help these poor animals. As a rescuer, we know what goes on and have seen all the horrible things that have been done to poor defenseless animals and it just stays with you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs