Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 11:53 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,229,683 times

Advertisements

When somebody says, "I'm going to walk the dog," why don't they simply say, "I'm going to take the dog a few hundred yards down the street so that Rex can take a massive dump in somebody else's yard?"

Having, this morning, watched two different dog walkers in my very upscale neighborhood allow their mutts to defecate on my front lawn, I'm guessing that's what that means.

Oh, and we have a word for those people who say, "Why I always pick up after my dog": Liars.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 12:00 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,784,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
When somebody says, "I'm going to walk the dog," why don't they simply say, "I'm going to take the dog a few hundred yards down the street so that Rex can take a massive dump in somebody else's yard?"

Having, this morning, watched two different dog walkers in my very upscale neighborhood allow their mutts to defecate on my front lawn, I'm guessing that's what that means.

Oh, and we have a word for those people who say, "Why I always pick up after my dog": Liars.

Not everyone is alike. Some of us do pick up after our dogs. Could you possibly talk to them and ask them to not let their dog take a massive dump on your yard?

Old 10-28-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
Not everyone is alike. Some of us do pick up after our dogs. Could you possibly talk to them and ask them to not let their dog take a massive dump on your yard?
Oh, I've got people red-handed. I've tried to be nice. Essentially, they pick up when they think somebody's watching. Otherwise, they leave it behind.
I think the pellet gun is the next step.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:03 PM

161 posts, read 564,075 times
lol, can you hide behind a bush and sound an air-horn the next time someone's dog hunkers down?

Old 10-28-2008, 12:06 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,992,767 times
Quote:

Thanks for lumping the responsible dog owners into the group with your neighbors....

The fact that irresponsible and inconsiderate dog owners allow their dogs to do this infuriates me probably more than most people that don't own dogs. It gives all dog owners a bad repuation.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
Thanks for lumping the responsible dog owners into the group with your neighbors....

The fact that irresponsible and inconsiderate dog owners allow their dogs to do this infuriates me probably more than most people that don't own dogs. It gives all dog owners a bad repuation.
To be honest with you, my high-income neighborhood is filled to the rafters with dog walkers. If you took an honest census, the leavers/non-leavers ratio would probably be 98-2. In all my years of watching people take their dogs on walks, I've NEVER seen an owner clean up after their dogs. Yet when somebody like me complains, dog owners have one of two reactions: 1) Outright hostility or 2) Some pious statement that they always pick up after their dogs. It's always the other dog owners who are at fault. Right.

So, if you fall in the second group, maybe you should take other dog owners to task. I don't know. Have a national, "Quit Being A F***** A****** Dog Owner Day," where you explain the obligations of owning one of the dumb mutts. As in 1) Don't let your dog take dumps in other people's yards and 2) Bring your dog in after 9 p.m. and don't let it out until 7 a.m. We the non-owners of the world would really appreciate it.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:25 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,249,956 times
My wife and I definitely pick up after our dogs - although it has only happened twice where either of them have gone while on a walk and it definitely wasn't on someones yard - i don't even let them stop and sniff on other peoples property

it annoys me when walking to have to work around someone elses mess - same thing when going to the dog park - it's annoying and if I see it in progress I definitely say something

instead of being passive aggressive, just be aggressive - next time you see on in action let the owner know that it will not be tolerated and if not promptly removed any subsequent poop on your yard will be assumed to of come from his dogs and will be promptly returned

also your time restrictions are beyond over the top

Old 10-28-2008, 12:29 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,466,965 times
I agree...at least in my neighborhood, if they think no one is watching, the load will not be picked up. BUT, I do find,again, in our neighborhood, it is the smaller dog owners! I have gotten, "Oh they don't leave much"!

When I confronted one guy, he told me he too, ALWAYS picks up....but this time he forgot the a bag. I told him, I just happen to have a whole box of bags right here! And I proceeded to give him one. LOL You should have seen the look on his face! I willing to bet, he never in his lifetime had ever, ever picked up after his dog! He didn't know how to use the bag, without getting his hands dirty! I couldn't stop from laughing! Then he tried to give me the bag! I told him...no...it was his to keep to throw in his own trash! To see him walk down the street with the bag...his arm wasn't long enough to hold the bag away....I was rolling on the ground laughing!
I figure I clean up after my two Goldens, I don't cherish cleaning up after other peoples dogs as well.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:32 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,092,967 times
I don't let my dog poop on anyone's lawn and leave it. Absolutely not. We have woods all around us. If my dog goes on someone's lawn, which I heartily discourage, I clean it up. Both my husband and I always have bags for this reason. Yeah, I will drag her for a long walk and avoid doing any neighborhood walks until she goes.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:34 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,992,767 times
Quote:
To be honest with you, my high-income neighborhood is filled to the rafters with dog walkers. If you took an honest census, the leavers/non-leavers ratio would probably be 98-2. In all my years of watching people take their dogs on walks, I've NEVER seen an owner clean up after their dogs. Yet when somebody like me complains, dog owners have one of two reactions: 1) Outright hostility or 2) Some pious statement that they always pick up after their dogs. It's always the other dog owners who are at fault. Right.
So, if you fall in the second group, maybe you should take other dog owners to task. I don't know. Have a national, "Quit Being A F***** A****** Dog Owner Day," where you explain the obligations of owning one of the dumb mutts. As in 1) Don't let your dog take dumps in other people's yards and 2) Bring your dog in after 9 p.m. and don't let it out until 7 a.m. We the non-owners of the world would really appreciate it.
You don't like dogs, I get it. Moderator cut: edit

Last edited by leorah; 10-28-2008 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: personal comments
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs