Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 07:41 PM

2 posts, read 4,219 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I didn't know what to do anymore so i figure i try a forum for some advise. This is the last straw for me. Let me begin from the beginning. I moved into a condo in 2001 on a first floor in which everything was very peaceful until some years later the people in the appatment on the third floor moved out and sold it to a couple. From the very beginning it was already a rocky start. We had some words. Well they later got a dog in which it's a dachshund and the owner carried it like a baby every where she went. Well the problems started has soon has they had there first child and now a second child. Now the dog is thrown to the balcony all the time without caring who it bothers. They live in a one bedroom appartment yet the owns drive a brand new Mercedes-Benz. My bedroom is towards the balcony so the dog sounds like it's right inside my house. It's been months that i haven't been able to take down my hurricane shutters so that the noise is not so much. My neighbors around that appartment are tired has well of this problem but are too afraid to say anything. They know how these people are and think something will happen to them. I've called the police so many times now that now they don't even bother to show up and they claim that the association has to do something about it. I have called the association many times that they just don't want to deal with it any more. All that the association did was write them a letter inplicating me with my name on the letter and nothing else to do about it. They said they can't do anything else. My nerves are bad due to this and i feel many times i'm just about to have a stroke. I work 12 hours a day and i can't come home to peace. If anyone can please advise me on who or where else can i get this problem resolved i would appreciate it. I need any help i can get. Oh and by the way there is no talking nicely to these people. They think they are above all. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 09:00 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,449,461 times
Call animal control and lodge a complaint.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:17 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,424,202 times
Would also contact Dachsund Rescue in your area (google them for contact info) and see if they have any suggestions. Maybe the owners w/b open to it (hopefully), it would be a better life for the dog if he can.

Another thought, maybe taping the barking and making a copy for Animal Control would help - ?

Old 12-17-2008, 09:59 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,585,764 times
I would definitely call animal control, it is unfair they are keeping the poor dog out on a balcony all the time! Hound dogs need to walk and explore, sniffing out new territory is something they need to be happy!

Old 12-17-2008, 11:26 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
It's not the poor dog's fault! Call Animal Control or the Humane Society, this dog needs to be taken away form them.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:03 AM

2 posts, read 4,219 times
Well i've called animal control also and they claim they don't do that kind of things. They say that has long has the dog is healthy they don't deal with it. They said to call the police. I'm tired of calling the police when they don't do a thing about the problem. The husband is a bully and threatens other appartment owners if they try to even say anything. I should know first hand since he tried to bully my 80 year old father and myself but i'm not scared of him. These people never walk there dog what so ever. All that that dog knows is the balcony. And has far has a recording of the constant barking i've already done that. I'm thinking along the lines of taking them to court just so that my neighbors and i can have some peace back and not feel threatened. Any other sugestion will deeply help. Thanks.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:31 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
If the cops aren't doing anything about it, is there any way you could embarrass them into doing their job?
Do you have a local TV news/radio/press muckraking reporter? An ombudsman? This might give them something to lead with on a slow news day. Worth a try.

Lazy cops bug me. If those people were blasting music, they'd sure as hell do something about it. I know exactly what you're talking about, as I was being driven insane by a neighbor's dog. I complained to them (accompanied by a bag of lemons from my trees). They cooperated, but it took that dog killing one of their chickens to get rid of the problem completely. They took her to the pound.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:24 AM

543 posts, read 2,364,270 times
It's dangerous for that dog to be on the balcony!

Old 12-18-2008, 06:25 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,420,868 times
There has got to be a some kind of a noise ordinance...find out what it is and site it to the police. Also mention to the police the husbands threatening nature. Humane Society will not do anything,unless of course the dog is out on the balcony without food, water or shelter...and yes, it is dangerous for a small dog like that to be out on an balcony.
I think I would write a letter to the condo HOA....have it in writing...threaten to sue them as well, if they don't act upon it...and then go thru with the suit.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:08 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,803,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
I think I would write a letter to the condo HOA....have it in writing...threaten to sue them as well, if they don't act upon it...and then go thru with the suit.
I would go ahead and contact a lawyer, it has gone on long enough. Have that lawyer send a letter to the condo HOA and the dog's owner. It is amazing the kind of action a simple note on an attorney's letterhead can prompt. It may cost you $50 but it sounds like it is worth it. It is a shame that people act this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs