Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think about the APBT
All 'pitbull' type dogs should be banned/euthanized. 19 21.84%
Each dog should be judged by their own behavior, not by breed. It's bad owners that make bad dogs. 65 74.71%
I'm not sure, but would like to learn more. 2 2.30%
None of the above, I will explain in my post. 1 1.15%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 01:33 PM

13 posts, read 29,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis s View Post
do you really believe that the pit bull is the most popular dog in the United States ?
which is why when you google pit bull attacks theyre in the 1000s and lab attacks are in the millions. To be subject to bsl the breed must have caused more then 40%of the attacks. Because of the labs recent popularity they have caused more than 40%of the attacks which puts them at risk for bsl too.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:41 PM

Question My daughter has a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetegnc View Post
I was getting my house insurance here in PA, and she asked me if I had any pets...."yes, 4 cats"....and then we got into the conversation that if I had a pit, she wouldn't insure me. I told her I would have a pit FARRRR before I had a chihuahua....mean little boogers!! (in general...)
We agree with you. My daughter petsits and volunteers at a shelter. She will take care of a pit wearing shorts if she needs to but on mondays and th she takes chis who actually are ankle biters, she wears thick long jeans and thick socks and is happy they are just ankle biters and not like the last chi she sat for whom she wishes was just an ankle biter. There are other chis living in our culdesac and our pit mix when we pass their house wants to get the heck out of there. Thats the only time she pulls on the leash. What my daughter wants to know is, what did the landlord say after you said that?
Also my kid gives discounts to pit bull families and charges double for chi families who are happy to pay it since they know it takes more. They are usually the ones who offer double cause they know their pet is more work and slightly more dangerous or they hide it by saying their chi is all bark and no bite and just hire a new petsitter with a new lie each time.
I am sure there are good chi owners too and we met one, the ankle biters mom is honest and really nice and we are sure there are wonderful chis out there, we just havent met any yet,but we have met tons of nice pitties.
Anyway, what did the landlady say.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:43 PM

sorry vetegnc, I put my reply and question under quote. Can you please read it and get back to me.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:50 PM

Lightbulb same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Wow this isn't a breed I have ever heard of problems with....they are on my list of recommended breeds for families! There is a rescue for that breed close to here and we are at a lot of the same events...other than being a little shy they are just huge giant lap dogs! Sort of like really big grey hounds in a fur coat...LOL
At our shelter the one and only dog right now we let jr volunteers take out and the one dog we recomend to families the most especially families with young children is one of our pit bulls because she really loves children.
I listened in when a family asked a staff member and dog expert what the best breed for children is. The expert answered "There really isnt a specific breed, they are all individuals,Cappy here for instance loves children..." Cappy is a pitty. Although they are all individuals I dont think I have ever heard a chiauau being recomended to a family with children.
Its weird what ppl are afraid of is what experts recomend for families with children. Earlier I heard someone who was just promoted to dog behaviorists tell a family pit bulls are some of the best dogs for families.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,215 times
Default Breed Bans

Hi, I'm not sure if links are allowed but the best article I've read on breed bans was in the Feb. 6, 2006 New Yorker.

Annals]Annals of Public Policy: Troublemakers: The New Yorker of Public Policy: Troublemakers: The New Yorker]

Last edited by Sam I Am; 04-08-2008 at 05:35 AM..

Old 04-07-2008, 11:31 PM

7,913 posts, read 933,225 times
I think german shepards are more dangerous then pitbulls.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:34 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,273,106 times
This thread is now closed...we aren't firing this one up again. Your mods would respectfully ask that everyone refrain from the "dangerous dog" theme and fall within the guidelines as posted by your moderators.

HOT TOPICS & ZERO TOLERANCE....pls read!

Thank you,

Sam, Riveree and Deegers

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs