Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 03:45 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,178,177 times

Advertisements

though she still seems so small and my little baby; Kylee is being spayed next week.
Any chi owners here that can reassure me her size will or won't make it easier or harder?

Did anyone else request to bring their pet home and not leave them overnite at the vet?
I requested to bring her home later in the evening. The vet receptionist acted like I had asked for the impossible. She wanted me to leave her until the next morning, so I asked if anyone would be there all night and she said no. So I said,"then I'm picking her up,as I've done with my other pets. since no one will be there-why would I want her to be there with no one watching out for her and here I can take care of her". She said, fine but it would be about 9PM and I would have to bring her back at 8 the next morning to be checked. Fine-works for me.
I dunno....just seems not ok to leave them alone,away from family when she can be here with us taking care of her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 04:03 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,077,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
though she still seems so small and my little baby; Kylee is being spayed next week.
Any chi owners here that can reassure me her size will or won't make it easier or harder?

Did anyone else request to bring their pet home and not leave them overnite at the vet?
I requested to bring her home later in the evening. The vet receptionist acted like I had asked for the impossible. She wanted me to leave her until the next morning, so I asked if anyone would be there all night and she said no. So I said,"then I'm picking her up,as I've done with my other pets. since no one will be there-why would I want her to be there with no one watching out for her and here I can take care of her". She said, fine but it would be about 9PM and I would have to bring her back at 8 the next morning to be checked. Fine-works for me.
I dunno....just seems not ok to leave them alone,away from family when she can be here with us taking care of her.

That's what my neighbor did with his Lab puppy -- picked her up at night, before the vet closed, so that she wouldn't be alone. It's unreal to me that they'd think that it's better for the dog to be alone right after surgery.

My opinion: You're doing the right thing. And you'll feel 1000 times better having her with you instead of wondering...

Old 07-02-2009, 04:19 PM

396 posts, read 1,312,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
That's what my neighbor did with his Lab puppy -- picked her up at night, before the vet closed, so that she wouldn't be alone. It's unreal to me that they'd think that it's better for the dog to be alone right after surgery.

My opinion: You're doing the right thing. And you'll feel 1000 times better having her with you instead of wondering...
Ditto

Old 07-02-2009, 04:29 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,448,678 times
I've had 3 chis spayed and 2 neutered and they all did fine. And I brought them home that day. They were sleepy and dopey, but just fine!

Old 07-02-2009, 04:53 PM

7,079 posts, read 37,963,516 times
She'll do fine. I agree, if the dog is there with nobody else, I'm not sure why you can't just take her home and keep her calm and quiet.

My pug stayed at the vet, but he's got a vet tech there 24/7!

She'll be FINE.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:02 PM

thanks all!!!!

Old 07-02-2009, 05:21 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,121,615 times
Okay I have two chis and both have been fixed one spayed and one neutered and I have always brought them home . I never leave them at the vets office no matter what they say is best for them . I know what is best for them and that is to be home with me . But they will be okay .

Old 07-02-2009, 05:31 PM

thank you. I'm already feeling sorry for her; guess I always think of the pain from my hysterectomy!! LOL
It's best for her to be spayed now. She's just so small....so sweet.....I'm such a pushover for dogs.
I agree-we know what's best for them. Being left alone in a strange place,after surgery is not best for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Okay I have two chis and both have been fixed one spayed and one neutered and I have always brought them home . I never leave them at the vets office no matter what they say is best for them . I know what is best for them and that is to be home with me . But they will be okay .

Old 07-02-2009, 05:37 PM

3,513 posts, read 6,384,902 times
When the mobile low cost spay/neuter coach comes to town each month the 25 or so cats and dogs all go home the same day, sometimes just a couple of hours after surgery. Problems are extremely rare. Of course Dr. K has done over 15,000 S/N, many of them pediatric, so she's pretty darn good at it.

Even when we take our foster critters up to the clinic we don't leave them overnight because the trip is 65 miles each way. We just stay in Roanoke, either help out at the clinic or do some "big city" stuff.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:40 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,672,782 times
Make sure she has her little E collar. My little Chi continued to lick, lick. I was glad I got one from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs