Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 08:43 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,294,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonite View Post
If you can't control your pet, then perhaps you should invest in a little training because the pet is obviously pulling you on to the lawns. The problem with your mindset is that you are not the only isolated person who thinks this way, therefore, there is more than one of you doing the same thing (Get it now?).
By the way, yes, I am a pet owner, I'm 5'3" and I control my dog (and he's not some little lapdog). Since you folks seem to be so forgiving, why not post your addresses. I'm sure all of us moronic homeowners would love to take our dogs out for a walk.
Chilllll out duuude. Grab a cheve!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 08:46 PM

3,542 posts, read 8,246,949 times
Quote:
You're clearly not getting it, if you are suggesting that I should have to go through the efforts of making my lawn less appealing to your dog. You would think that alerting people to the rudeness of the act would be enough...clearly, I'm mistaken. What was I thinking?!
I just hope that your new house doesn't appeal to the canine inhabitants of your neighborhood. God forbid they also have owners that can't control them.
We all have our canine problems.. it's not exclusive to Overlook Canyon or your sanctuary. I'm not sure how posting on a forum is going to do any good other than venting.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:49 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,294,124 times
If anything your neighbors who may read this will be bringing their perro to specifically caca on your yard

Old 09-13-2009, 08:57 PM

13 posts, read 45,392 times
Default Du bist sehr denkfähig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySA View Post
Are you ****ing serious?!? Yes, people only want our addresses so they can let their dogs pee on our lawns.

I applaud your efforts in controlling your dog's bladder. However, I'm not gonna implement a 24/7 urine patrol service on my lawn.
I was being facetious. A 24/7 urine patrol service...good idea! I'd hire you! Since obviously voicing it just elicits responses from folks who justify their actions.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:58 PM

13 posts, read 45,392 times
Perticusrex...it wouldn't surprise me in this town.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:00 PM

3,542 posts, read 8,246,949 times
Quote:
I was being facetious. A 24/7 urine patrol service...good idea! I'd hire you! Since obviously voicing it just elicits responses from folks who justify their actions.
Post your address

Old 09-13-2009, 09:14 PM

413 posts, read 1,405,031 times
Quote:
You're clearly not getting it, if you are suggesting that I should have to go through the efforts of making my lawn less appealing to your dog. You would think that alerting people to the rudeness of the act would be enough...clearly, I'm mistaken. What was I thinking?!
I just hope that your new house doesn't appeal to the canine inhabitants of your neighborhood. God forbid they also have owners that can't control them.
I'm just trying to help solve your problem. Being disrespectful is not against the law, so alerting people of the rudeness is not going to solve the problem. I do not know how you thought complaining as a new person to a forum would get you anywhere. My dog doesn't pee anywhere it's not suppose to, I'm just trying to explain to you that you are not going to stop every dog owner from letting their dog pee on your yard. It doesn't make what they are doing right, but it's your problem not theirs. You are going to have to do something about the problem. wait for it.....utter shock
So at this point...DO SOMETHING!!!

I think I'm going to have a pee spot on my front yard, put some flowers around it and have a sign that says "Your dog can pee here!" I think my neighbors would like me.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:11 AM

574 posts, read 1,338,874 times
It takes a pretty consistent pattern of urine to burn grass...I have St. Augustine in my dog run and with 3 dogs and once a week watering I see no damage. When I walk my dogs i carry bags for feces, if one of my male dogs should get the urge to urinate it's because they are marking. They typically spinkle the curb or a mailbox post, the amount is so negligble I don't see the fuss. It's a neighborhood, I make concessions for living in an area with other people. There is a leash law so at the very least you have some damage on the area near the curb...is that even worth the effort?

Old 09-14-2009, 05:22 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,040,309 times
Can't overlook anything out there in Overlook Canyon, huh? What a stressful life you must lead!

Old 09-14-2009, 09:36 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,120,287 times
Despite the original title and lone reference to the local HOA in the OP, this discussion doesn't appear to be San Antonio related. Please follow the discussion to the Dogs forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs