Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 11:20 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Or you can move to San Diego and have playdates with a certain Bulldog named PC. Just sayin....
We've talked about WANTING to live out there, but it's just so expensive! Our current house has 4 bedrooms, a family room (that Jeremy uses for an office), living room/dining room, kitchen (obviously), two full bathrooms, basement, garage, and a fenced-in yard. We'd have to be multi-millionnaires to be able to afford anything remotely similar out west. AND THAT SUCKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 11:28 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,424,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
We've talked about WANTING to live out there, but it's just so expensive! Our current house has 4 bedrooms, a family room (that Jeremy uses for an office), living room/dining room, kitchen (obviously), two full bathrooms, basement, garage, and a fenced-in yard. We'd have to be multi-millionnaires to be able to afford anything remotely similar out west. AND THAT SUCKS!
"Out west" can be classified as Arizona, and considering 2,500 sq. ft. houses are selling for around $100k, it's an easy decision. Just sayin...

Old 11-22-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
"Out west" can be classified as Arizona, and considering 2,500 sq. ft. houses are selling for around $100k, it's an easy decision. Just sayin...
And I'm already packing for vacation so...!!!!!

Old 11-22-2009, 12:02 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
MAK, what is the brand name of the indestructible squaker toys? Wiggles is so strong he might rip it up anyway, but they sure do love them.

You can put low-fat yogurt in a Kong and freeze it. Then it lasts a long time (not on carpet for obvious reasons!).

Old 11-22-2009, 01:17 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,290,985 times
Quote:
Oh, I hear you on that. We could have gotten a huge house back in Jersey for what a condo costs around here. But we decided that we'd rather live in a smaller place and have all this stuff around us. I love to be able to go rollerblading by the beach and to take PC to the beach every single day of the year. Just the fact that the beach is a 10 minute drive is enough for me. It hasn't rained here for over 160 days and the weather is very mild, not too hot and not too cold, year round. When I lived in NJ, I was miserable half the year because of the weather and in the summer, it rained every other day. I looked forward to July and August, and now live in a place where I never check the weather. It's beautiful every single day. That's more than a fair trade to me and after visiting San Diego in 2006, we made the decision right then that we will move here and we did less than 2 years later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
MAK, what is the brand name of the indestructible squaker toys? Wiggles is so strong he might rip it up anyway, but they sure do love them.

You can put low-fat yogurt in a Kong and freeze it. Then it lasts a long time (not on carpet for obvious reasons!).
Here is the link for the toy. He has 3 different ones and has had them since he was 10 weeks old and they are still as good as new:

Fat Cat® — Products — Dogs — Play By Size — Medium Dog — The Incredible Strapping Flip Flop Yankers® — Product Details

And I tried yogurt, pb, and various other things in Kongs, but my boy hates to work for his food and gets frustrated easily. When he wants treats, he wants them NOW. As you can tell from his pictures, mama gives in more than she should!

Old 11-22-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Oh, I hear you on that. We could have gotten a huge house back in Jersey for what a condo costs around here. But we decided that we'd rather live in a smaller place and have all this stuff around us. I love to be able to go rollerblading by the beach and to take PC to the beach every single day of the year. Just the fact that the beach is a 10 minute drive is enough for me. It hasn't rained here for over 160 days and the weather is very mild, not too hot and not too cold, year round. When I lived in NJ, I was miserable half the year because of the weather and in the summer, it rained every other day. I looked forward to July and August, and now live in a place where I never check the weather. It's beautiful every single day. That's more than a fair trade to me and after visiting San Diego in 2006, we made the decision right then that we will move here and we did less than 2 years later.

Here is the link for the toy. He has 3 different ones and has had them since he was 10 weeks old and they are still as good as new:

Fat Cat® — Products — Dogs — Play By Size — Medium Dog — The Incredible Strapping Flip Flop Yankers® — Product Details

And I tried yogurt, pb, and various other things in Kongs, but my boy hates to work for his food and gets frustrated easily. When he wants treats, he wants them NOW. As you can tell from his pictures, mama gives in more than she should!
Sigh... So convincing you to move to CT is out of the question, right?

OK, as much as I said no to squeakers, I'd love to buy one of these toys. I would have to be in the room while Artie's playing with it, but that's fine. Does PC try to rip it with his teeth? And that doesn't work? Because Artie could destroy BRICKS with his teeth if I let him.

If PC is just as nutsy, which of the toys is the most resilient, in your opinion? I'd be willing to let Artie go at it UNDER MY SUPERVISION.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:46 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Thanks for the link. I see several stores nearby so I'll go check it out.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:11 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,290,985 times
Quote:
Sigh... So convincing you to move to CT is out of the question, right?

OK, as much as I said no to squeakers, I'd love to buy one of these toys. I would have to be in the room while Artie's playing with it, but that's fine. Does PC try to rip it with his teeth? And that doesn't work? Because Artie could destroy BRICKS with his teeth if I let him.

If PC is just as nutsy, which of the toys is the most resilient, in your opinion? I'd be willing to let Artie go at it UNDER MY SUPERVISION.
PC will put his paw on one end of the toy, grab the head with his mouth, and try to rip it off, but hasn't been successful yet! They have some kind of belt inside that's supposed to make them rip proof, unlike the typical plush toys. Artie said he wants one and he promises not to swallow a squeaker!

Old 11-22-2009, 05:02 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,271,403 times
Default I'm so happy that artie is doing better...

When you were describing how fast Artie tears up the toys to get to the squeakers...all I could do was shake my head.
All of our Rottweilers play with suffed animals I find at thrift stores. (They look brand new). I take out the eyes and insert at least 3 or 4 squeakers & sew them back up.
Our babies will sit for hours and squeak...their babies. Especially our youngest. He walks around all the time with either a stuffed animal in his mouth or an extra large squeaker tennis ball. squeak...squeak...squeak...
You know you have a LOT of stuffed animals when it fills up the frontloader every time I wash them.
I just bought online 75 large squeakers at 30 cents a piece. Believe me I searched for the best price.
We have baskets in 3 of our rooms, full of stuffed animals, They ALL squeak.
Anything for their enjoyment.

Old 11-22-2009, 05:24 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,424,010 times
Just as a heads up. We had 2 of the above mentioned toys. Dylan loves anything that squeaks and loves to find the perfect spot to squeak, squeak and squeak again...but he never ever tears anything up. It's that gentle Golden mouth! But, he did not like these 2 particular toys...He really likes the stuffed kind, so the canvas, I guess, just didn't appeal to him. Anyway, I brought the two toys down to Kota, the wolf-hybrid(Chris' baby)....and she mutalated them in minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Indestructible my butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Granted she is 6 months old and loves to chew on anything, but....she made short work out of them both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs