Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 09:06 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,036,660 times

Advertisements

she has injured her left rear leg..... we went out for our walk this morning... just bailey and me..... dave just didn't want his harness on, so he stayed home.... which he does about once a week or so.....

in any case, we got to the park, got to the "back area" and i let her off her leash as usual.... she ran through the woods, she chased squirrels and whatever else was chaseable .... a typical morning..... we got to the farthest point we could go because of the flooding and I was turning around to head back to the car.... she pops out of the woods and is totally gimping.... will not put any weight on her left rear leg....... it took an hour for us to get out of the back area and back to the car..... where under normal circumstances, it would have taken about 20-25 minutes.... even with my gimpy leg..... she weighs 65 lbs and my own knee is still totally f**ked up, so i could not carry her..... i had to lift her into the car when we got there.......

gave her an aspirin when we got home this morning and hoped for the best.... had an important meeting with 2 VERY important clients today, so could not get her to the vet this morning.....

took her to the vet this evening and she was so tense, she really could not tell a whole lot, other than nothing was broken... she wanted to keep her overnight for sedation and x-rays in the morning.... but i brought her home to take her back in the early AM...... i know my girl and she would NOT do well there if she is just waiting overnight......

i (and i suspect the vet) suspect a torn ligament in her knee.... funny thing is....that is EXACTLY what i have been dealing with since last october.... i was doing sort of ok and then i fell and re-tore the marginally healed ligament about 3 weeks ago.......

so far, we are about $320.00 into the vet's office.... that includes tonight's visit, the shot of rimadyl for pain, and her sedation and x-rays tomorrow..... this is a LOT of money for me...... my business has NOT been doing well since late last fall.....

please, i DON'T need lectures about having a vet savings account.... i KNOW that..... but these last few months have been tough again and i figure even if we are not living in the lap of luxury, my home is WAY better than a shelter pen.......

so, whatever you can send in a positive vein would be appreciated.......

soooo.... wish us luck tomorrow..... please.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 09:16 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
LTTP - good karma your way.....for both Bailey and you.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:17 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,646,366 times
Good karma and prayers coming right to you both! I wish I could afford a pet savings account. I wish I had a savings account. Time are tough and I think we are all winging it. Hang in there!

Old 04-02-2010, 05:29 AM

couldn't sleep much last night worrying about all of this..... have decided to try to sell 4 paintings i bought from a gallery in vicksburg in 2005..... with any luck, i will be able to make a little from that......

Old 04-02-2010, 05:30 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Sending positive thoughts your way. Hey, I don't have a pet savings account either. My little maltese had a torn ACL and total surgery cost was about $600 - but that was a few years ago. He was just fine after that. Hope you don't have to have surgery.

I shelled out $211 for Ringo this week; he got into some garbage (chicken bones) and then started pooping blood. That = two blood tests and two x rays; special food; and medication.

I feel your pain!!!

Old 04-02-2010, 05:34 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,044,161 times
Oh LTTP, I'm so sorry that you're going through this, and of course that Bailey's going through this.

It's almost like she had sympathy pains for your bum knee. But, alas...

I'm sending good thoughts, healthy vibes, and tons of hugs (for Davey too!) to you and Bailey. You'll get through this -- you're a strong cookie.

xo

Last edited by DawnMTL; 04-02-2010 at 06:09 AM..

Old 04-02-2010, 05:54 AM

thanks all!!

she is putting a little weight on the leg this morning.... still a tripod when she is in a hurry to get from one side of the yard to the other.... but walking around the deck, i just noticed that she is putting it down some.......

paws crossed.......

this will be dave's first time alone in the house all day..... am going to go get him one of the big ol' soup bones from the grocery store to keep him busy......

Old 04-02-2010, 06:03 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,427,751 times
Glad things are looking up, hope things continue to go well.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:45 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,358,419 times
Sending good thoughts your way. It sounds like Bailey is starting to do better and hopefully it is not anything serious.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:52 AM

well ..... as i was running around the house this morning getting ready for work, she followed me everywhere with nary a limp..... so, i decided to put off the sedation and x-rays until next week when i will (hopefully) be a little more flush..... stopped by the vet's office this morning and paid our bill from last night .... $80 ..... and the estimate for the sedation and x-rays is starting at $260 .....

cold ugly truth is that i just don't have it right this minute.....

i am keeping her quiet and resting... which is what i would have to do even with the x-rays..... it had been over 12 hours since she got the shot of rimadyl last night, so i imagine that was wearing off even as she was showing this rather dramatic improvement this morning......

i am exhausted from worrying about this......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs