Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 01:39 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
You work for the gov't?? I wondered since your point of view is a reflection of the gov't propaganda lies we the people are supposed to believe.
The great part of it all the last five years has given each of us the opportunity to plan and live life as we believed it would play out. Hopefully for you and others who agree with you the last five years have been plentiful and your future will be equally as blessed. Isn't that what it is all about? Our ability to choose our path and drive down it enjoying the scenery we opted for? Seems like many in the forum/thread our happy with their path as I am sure you are and that is a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 04:48 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,683,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post

I don't know why all these chicken littles bother to even live here. If all they have is fear of everything collapsing and always being lied to here i have a great idea.

Leave the country and live elsewhere.
The term "chicken little" is disparaging at it's worst when it's applied to people that question the status quo that the Gov't propaganda mill feed the media every day.

If the people question the status quo loudly enough then change will happen. Is that change what you seek to stop with your negative comments?? Or is that you just don't understand the issue??

Old 04-28-2013, 06:50 PM

795 posts, read 1,391,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Alcohol and tobacco have been hit items in the past depressions. People figure that life isn't worth living so party on.
Oh! So then their stocks won't collapse when QE stops? Thank goodness.

Quote:
You work for the gov't?? I wondered since your point of view is a reflection of the gov't propaganda lies we the people are supposed to believe.
Quote:
The term "chicken little" is disparaging at it's worst when it's applied to people that question the status quo that the Gov't propaganda mill feed the media every day.
OK Grandpa, we get it - gov't propaganda. Odd tho - the gov doesn't tell me anything and I don't work for them.

So obviously I was brainwashed. And after all these years of investing and receiving dividends - it's all just funny money. My brokerage account will be confiscated. My Altria stock will crash to $0 even if Altria earns $4 billion this year. Who would pay for stock in a business that makes money?

Please, you have to help me.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:35 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius View Post
Oh! So then their stocks won't collapse when QE stops? Thank goodness.

OK Grandpa, we get it - gov't propaganda. Odd tho - the gov doesn't tell me anything and I don't work for them.

So obviously I was brainwashed. And after all these years of investing and receiving dividends - it's all just funny money. My brokerage account will be confiscated. My Altria stock will crash to $0 even if Altria earns $4 billion this year. Who would pay for stock in a business that makes money?

Please, you have to help me.
There is no helping you I am sorry to say so you will just have to live with your funny money profits and enjoy a funny life style knowing it is all just a government lie. I am sad to admit that I to am a victim of gov't lies and a funny life style based on my converting funny money into real life enjoyment.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:12 AM

3,633 posts, read 6,174,886 times
Blah, blah, blah. I've been saving and investing in stocks and bonds since 1975 and have lived through the S&L debacle, the '87 market crash, the mini-crash in the late 90s, and the recent recession. I still have tons more money than I did when I started. Markets fluctuate and trying to time them is a bad strategy for most people. If I'd worried about every remote negative possibility in the financial markets or the safety of our currency and stuck my money in my mattress, inflation would have eaten me alive by now.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:36 AM

106,691 posts, read 108,856,202 times
that sums up many of our opinions .

those that don't act financially because they are always waiting for the other shoe to drop end up living very poor lives or have financial resources far below what they could have had.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:02 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,778 times
Quote:

If the people question the status quo loudly enough then change will happen. Is that change what you seek to stop with your negative comments?? Or is that you just don't understand the issue??
No, it is because you have been proven wrong thread after thread...year after year. Yet you obsessively make claims about the same things without one introspective look that you are just plain wrong. It doesn't matter how loud you yell something. It matters how correct you are. After years of this crap the only thing that has changed is your screen name Tightwad.

You are being a chicken little in constantly saying the economic sky will collapse. The truth maybe insulting, but it is not an insult to correctly describe some ones actions. It's not that you are questioning anything. It's that you conclusions have all proven to be wrong and a complete waste of everyone's time. Instead of apologizing, or even admitting you have been wrong, you rave about being insulted when people get tired of your harping about imagined terrors in your mind.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:13 AM

981 posts, read 1,621,220 times
They are not going to confiscate things in the USA when they can just print it all away. There would be no point.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:15 PM

494 posts, read 1,917,460 times
your money is already being confiscated by the government - it's called inflation. And contrary to what our government says and publishes inflation is at a record high.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:19 PM

106,691 posts, read 108,856,202 times
I am no economist but i highly doubt that claim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics