Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 09:15 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,548,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post

Tell me why America will vote for a democrat this fall over a republican because of economic issues? Please!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!! Keep yourself focused.......And keep this tread in terms of the Economy/Federal spending. Basically, keep it to the money issues.
There is a thin chance that a Dem will be less profoundly stupid (but just a chance) with how to handle and manage the money.

For example, If, if and if, the money wasted on trying to pull a home-invasion robbery of Iraq were not (and continued) to be squandered to our own detriment, and instead spent in the US taking US off of oil, the US would now be doing quite well, and Iraq would still be Iraq rather than a total mess, as well.

Maybe think of this as looking like 1932, and we have a choice with confirmed idiots that caused, or at least aided and abetted in making the mess. We have a choice between more of the same idiots, and an unknown FDR type. America is going to go with FDR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2008, 10:11 AM

2,197 posts, read 7,393,698 times
Many Americans think BOTH parties are to blame.

In a new CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll released Wednesday, 57 percent of those questioned say that Bush's presidency has been a failure; 55 percent say the Democrat-controlled Congress has been a failure as well. Anybody disagree?

And the bailout bill, the biggest budget blunder of all time, was initiated and passed by Congress. Bush opposed it; he just didn't veto it.

People are voting emotionally and not objectively, casting their vote against one party rather than for another. They're letting past mistakes trump future issues. Personally, I don't think either candidate is a good fit for America at this critical juncture. I would love for a strong independent candidate to appear and white knight America away from the economic dragon. But I doubt we'll get that happy ending.

Bush is no great leader, but Obama is no FDR. And McCain is a mudslinger. Yeah, that's Presidential. Or maybe it is...

Old 08-02-2008, 10:43 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,490,127 times
There is no party in existence - even an independent one - that is not in the clutches of the banksters and the elitists. If you truly want to know who makes policy, there's your answer, right there. It matters not one bit whether Obama sits in the Oval Office, or McCain does. It doesn't even matter if Bush does. Anyone looking for some miraculous 'big change' once Obama gets elected, will be disappointed.

I think we can all look to the bailout bill for Frannie and Freddie, the SEC changing the rules for shorting financial stocks...need I go on?...to see who is really making policy here. Paulson (Treasury/Goldman) and Bernanke (Fed/Princeton) are running the show, not Bush. The banksters and elitists are running this country into the ground.

Whoever is president next time around, will get blamed for it all. Why even bother to go and vote? This election is already sewn up tighter than a drum. It will be the bankster's choice, not the people's.

Old 08-02-2008, 01:08 PM

90 posts, read 209,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
A lot of folks were brought up to think that the Dems represent the working man, while the GOP represents the rich. I know, I know...not true at all. But my parents thought that way, and lots of other peoples' did, also.

Unfortunately the current administration has been fiscally irresponsible, and that won't help the candidate of his party. Truth is, I don't think that either candidate has the interest, the ability, or the knowledge required to address what's coming down the pike for us economically.

What's going to happen is going to happen, no matter who gets into office. I don't even know why anyone would want the presidency right now. They will be blamed for it all. Perhaps that's why we haven't any really good candidates running?

Good insight

Old 08-02-2008, 01:58 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
This is why I truly believed Mitt Romney would have been a good candiadate. He is a successful buisness man and I believe our government needs to be operated like a buisness. Always looking to make a profit with very little wasteful spending.
And you will be right!!!!

Old 08-02-2008, 04:31 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,070,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
Why will America vote for a Democrat because of economic issues?
Because we've had a Republican in the White house the last eight years, and food costs more, gas costs more, wages haven't kept up with inflation, the US dollar has gotten crushed compared to other currencies, there are more lower paying service jobs and less higher paying manufacturing jobs, a couple of million people have lost their homes to foreclosure, many more now have negative equity, federal spending is very high while revenues are down, and the wealthiest Americans received tax cuts.
right the rich got tax cuts, i believe you. why lets raise taxes for the rich and see what happens. goodbye tax revenue and hello bigger deficit created by stupidity. neither candidate has strength or intelligence. we are screwed.

Old 08-02-2008, 04:34 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,070,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
There is no party in existence - even an independent one - that is not in the clutches of the banksters and the elitists. If you truly want to know who makes policy, there's your answer, right there. It matters not one bit whether Obama sits in the Oval Office, or McCain does. It doesn't even matter if Bush does. Anyone looking for some miraculous 'big change' once Obama gets elected, will be disappointed.

I think we can all look to the bailout bill for Frannie and Freddie, the SEC changing the rules for shorting financial stocks...need I go on?...to see who is really making policy here. Paulson (Treasury/Goldman) and Bernanke (Fed/Princeton) are running the show, not Bush. The banksters and elitists are running this country into the ground.

Whoever is president next time around, will get blamed for it all. Why even bother to go and vote? This election is already sewn up tighter than a drum. It will be the bankster's choice, not the people's.
even paulson and bernanke would be smart enough to not create huge national debt. they might be smarter than any other person in D.C. but their say comes in last. all do what the secret government tells them to do. and no it is not in the best interest of the secret government to ever reveal themselfs and no it is not the cia or federal reserve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics