Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 10:35 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,346,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
our government is giving the future earnings of taxpayers away so i am glad that there are a few sources out there covering it. where is the mainstream media to cover the story about the 108 billion dollars to the IMF? why should united states taxpayers be indebted further so we can give other countries money? does anyone have an answer for this???????
I'm thinking that it has something to do with this.

IMF Survey: IMF Asked to Aid G-8 With Exit Strategies For Crisis Policies

• SDR allocation. The G-20 also mandated the IMF to make a new general allocation of the Fund’s quasi-currency of Special Drawing Rights (SDRs) to inject $250 billion into the world economy and increase global liquidity. Strauss-Kahn said proposals to proceed with this would be discussed by the IMF’s Executive Board on July 13.

Last edited by NickofDiamonds; 06-18-2009 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: additional data
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 06:25 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
world is full of Chicken littles...
Especially Glenn Beck, who is just short of being a mental patient.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:13 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
I'm thinking that it has something to do with this.

IMF Survey: IMF Asked to Aid G-8 With Exit Strategies For Crisis Policies

• SDR allocation. The G-20 also mandated the IMF to make a new general allocation of the Fund’s quasi-currency of Special Drawing Rights (SDRs) to inject $250 billion into the world economy and increase global liquidity. Strauss-Kahn said proposals to proceed with this would be discussed by the IMF’s Executive Board on July 13.

of course, as the point is to commit the future earnings of the united states taxpayer and to establish long term debt for the citizens of the united states.

Last edited by floridasandy; 06-18-2009 at 07:24 PM..

Old 06-21-2009, 10:09 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Especially Glenn Beck, who is just short of being a mental patient.
Areen;t you mixing him up with obermann who seesm parniod of ORiley and others.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:57 AM

39 posts, read 107,764 times
he's not on CNN he's on Fox who bash anything the present administration does even killing that fly the other day. Geeeez the country is going to hell in a hand basket and their panties are in a wad about a dumb fly...where's my swatter.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:54 AM

3,307 posts, read 8,562,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertha07 View Post
he's not on CNN he's on Fox who bash anything the present administration does even killing that fly the other day. Geeeez the country is going to hell in a hand basket and their panties are in a wad about a dumb fly...where's my swatter.
Bertha, Beck was on CNN when this post was started. He has since come over to Fox News. I don't think Fox news was bashing Obama for killing that fly (I think you're confused with PETA). What Fox did do was point out that the first 3.5 minutes of the morning show on CBS was spent laughing about Obama killing a fly, when there are far more important things happening in the world right now. They're bashing the libreral media in this case and not Obama. Obama is Obama, but the media should not be a part of his administration. If the media was fair and balanced, then there would be no need for Fox News.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:12 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,657 times
I don't know why but I would laugh really hard if what he said came true about the market and the people he warned lost their shirts.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:24 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,057,017 times
You say enough things and eventually you'll be right, the problem is that every time there is a shift some one else is right. Even then, he's just a male version of Ann Coulter. Extreme right wing, insulting to anyone who doesn't agree 100%, and acts in anyway that will get people talking about him...usually the worse the better. He has no finance education or background, taking a single known class in theology in Yale in 1982 (some other program supposedly admitted him, but what he was learning is unknown and dropped out quickly ) just another shock jock pushing the extremes and dancing like a clown of the audience, preying on fear for ratings...then move on to something else when things start to look better.

Last edited by subsound; 06-21-2009 at 02:38 PM..

Old 06-21-2009, 02:37 PM

64 posts, read 208,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
You say enough things and eventually you'll be right, the problem is that every time there is a shift some one else is right. Even then, he's just a male version of Ann Coulter. Extreme right wing, insulting to anyone who doesn't agree 100%, and acts in anyway that will get people talking about him...usually the worse the better. He has no finance education or background, taking a single known class in theology in Yale in 1982 (some other program supposedly admitted him, but what he was learning is unknown and dropped out quickly ) just another shock jock pushing the extremes and dancing like a clown of the audience, preying on fear for ratings.

I see most of the radio talk show hosts and TV commentators as merely the soup du jour. They have to sell advertising time and generate revenue. When I learned of Rush Limbaugh signing a $250 million deal, I said that was enough. This is all about money, whether left or right. Listening to talk radio has helped me minimal. I get more consistent opinion and frames of reference from friends and the tons of anonymous contributors to blogs and message boards.

If Sean Hannity or Beck or Limbaugh or any other talk show host wants to make a difference truly, let them run for political office and go through the process of working their way up to becoming prez someday. I can turn the radio dial to ignore them right now. If they become congressmen or higher, they can have a hand in drafting legislation and get their beliefs reinforced by the vote. What do they really want? I think they like the money and hands-off from rolling up sleeves and actually having to answer to making laws and explaining why they take money from here and want to put it there. Much easier to be a court jester in this modern day society. Would you want a Rush Limbaugh in your workplace? Much easier to keep them in their radio show cages.

Old 06-21-2009, 03:11 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Areen;t you mixing him up with obermann who seesm parniod of ORiley and others.
Nope. I'm talking about Glenn Beck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics