Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 09:41 PM

38 posts, read 71,014 times

Advertisements

To Our Government: CUT IT OUT NOW - The Market Ticker

All I can say is OMFG! Just when I thought we couldn't possibly see more corruption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 04:02 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
i have warned americans what is going on and how obama is dead in the middle of this. this bailout was sponsored by democrats, passed by a democratic majoriy, and is not over if obama gets elected and that is a fact!

here is a point taken from the article that everybody needs to understand:
Congress signed a blank check to Paulson and now you're questioning him when he cashes it?

if obama is elected warren buffett would have that blank check for wall street. nobody is deeper in wall street than warren buffett! the money that taxpayers have given wall street so far is not nearly enough to cover their derivative losses!

Old 10-24-2008, 05:58 AM

Buckle your seatbelts people. It seems that today will be THE crash,barring a miracle of course.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:36 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,788,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i have warned americans what is going on and how obama is dead in the middle of this. this bailout was sponsored by democrats, passed by a democratic majoriy, and is not over if obama gets elected and that is a fact!

here is a point taken from the article that everybody needs to understand:
Congress signed a blank check to Paulson and now you're questioning him when he cashes it?

if obama is elected warren buffett would have that blank check for wall street. nobody is deeper in wall street than warren buffett! the money that taxpayers have given wall street so far is not nearly enough to cover their derivative losses!
A little desperate and misleading, aren't we? You think we just woke up from a coma? Congress did not sponsor the bailout. Henry Paulson, a Bush's employee, authored it. By the way, McCain supported it too.

McCain backs bailout while defending deregulation :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: John McCain (http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/mccain/1177603,CST-NWS-camp22.article - broken link)

Last edited by davidt1; 10-24-2008 at 06:44 AM..

Old 10-24-2008, 06:49 AM

It's not Democrats OR Republicans, it's Democrats AND Republicans. When are people going to figure out that Democrats and Republicans are the same darn thing? Both parties have contributed to the downfall of our country. It's time to do away with the two party elites and take back our government. It hasn't been by the people,for the people in a loooong time.If anyone truly thinks that Obama or McCain will save us,all I have to say is WAKE UP!!!

Old 10-24-2008, 08:28 AM

2,984 posts, read 5,858,228 times
I don't think it’s just about the real estate market. In fact it's a result of the way business is being carried out in the country. Outsourcing jobs, inflation and no real regulation is what is killing the economy. It started with Enron and who knows where it’s going to end. How many other areas of our economy were not following any standard or regulations?

Old 10-24-2008, 08:37 AM

Nope it's not the real estate market,it's the fraud that has seeped into every corner of our system. According to the market ticker that I referenced in my post,it is even in US Bonds.This is very bad. When investors(the countries that buy our debt every day) find that they can no longer be guaranteed to get their money back from supposedly safe bonds,they walk.When they walk,we cannot finance our daily operations.When we cannot finance our daily operations,well TSHTF.Game over.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:52 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,452,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
A little desperate and misleading, aren't we?
davidt1,

floridasandy is correct.

It sounds pretty creepy, but she is right. I've read this before and it's what economist Micheal Hudson keeps saying as well. The democrats are leading this charge, and voting for Obama is not going to save us.

I say this, and I'm a democrat.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:55 AM

306 posts, read 1,162,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i have warned americans what is going on

Really. Did you have a press conference or something?

Old 10-24-2008, 08:59 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
You can rob people with a gun or you can rob them with a pen. Generally the pen brings in more loot and is a lot safer. Lots of financiers were taught this in business schools but they were not taught that looting was wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics